Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Roll tide!!! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1462872)

JLeòdhas 01-07-2013 14:16

Roll tide!!!

That is all, carry on.

Jgurske 01-07-2013 14:20

Hate to break it to you, but every ND coach that ever won a national title won it in their third year. Brian Kelly is in his third year.

Sorry, but you can't defeat the alignment of the stars.

Bet every penny you own on Notre Dame getting +9 points!!!!!

SpoiledBySig 01-07-2013 14:24

This one is just too close for me to call. I wouldn't money on either.

Jgurske 01-07-2013 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpoiledBySig (Post 19832841)
This one is just too close for me to call. I wouldn't money on either.

God, you are a spineless wimp. I just told you that in 130 years of college football every ND Champ coach won it in the 3rd year. This is the ND coaches third year. It's in the stars, it is already written. Bet every penny on Notre Dame! Bet your house! Bet your wife! Bet your children! Bet your 401k!!!!

Notre Dame wins tonight.....GUARANTEED!!!!!!

Altaris 01-07-2013 14:32

Roll Tide! ...this one time :wavey:

Though I do think my Aggies would beat either team playing tonight :thumbsup:

czsmithGT 01-07-2013 14:47

I hope it is a great game. Unfortunately, Mirko Jurkovic, a freshman on ND's last national championship team, won't be able to be there to see it.

Go Irish!

Mirko Jurkovic as positive as always entering final days

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...national-title

mrmedina 01-07-2013 15:01

Roll Tide! :thumbsup:

adamg01 01-07-2013 15:10

War Irish!!!

Harleyman05 01-07-2013 15:12

Rtr...

BearMBD 01-07-2013 15:17

RTR. that is all that needs to be said.

Geko45 01-07-2013 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altaris (Post 19832867)

The Aggies did beat Alabama this year. That's why I'm hoping Alabama wins, so we can say we defeated the national champs!

Whoop! Gig 'em Ags!

err... I mean roll tide...

:whistling:

You know what the Aggies and the moon have in common don't ya?

They both control the tide...

RichJ 01-07-2013 15:22

I love ND but they have been way, way overhyped this year. The only reason they are in the Championship game is because 1.) they are Notre Dame, and 2.) they are undefeated.

Who have they beaten that was worth a darn? USC? Please; they suck. Stanford? Stanford is good but not great and ND barely won that game. Oklahoma? A&M exposed them as the suck too. Who does that leave? Navy, Purdue, Pitt?

A one loss Oregon or Kansas State could probably beat ND by 15 or 20. Bama is going to beat them soundly but I beleive Saban has a lot of respect for the tradition of ND and won't run up the score no mater how ugly it gets.

Bama by 17. Book it.

jbp84 01-07-2013 15:56

I agree with most of what you say (and I'm a Notre Dame fan) except for them being "way way overhyped" this year. They didn't even start the season ranked in the top 25. Most seasons they come in ranked and don't deserve it. How were they overhyped? They didn't play the toughest schedule possible but it certainly wasn't the easiest.
Quote:

Originally Posted by RichJ (Post 19833071)
I love ND but they have been way, way overhyped this year. The only reason they are in the Championship game is because 1.) they are Notre Dame, and 2.) they are undefeated.

Who have they beaten that was worth a darn? USC? Please; they suck. Stanford? Stanford is good but not great and ND barely won that game. Oklahoma? A&M exposed them as the suck too. Who does that leave? Navy, Purdue, Pitt?

A one loss Oregon or Kansas State could probably beat ND by 15 or 20. Bama is going to beat them soundly but I beleive Saban has a lot of respect for the tradition of ND and won't run up the score no mater how ugly it gets.

Bama by 17. Book it.

HerrGlock 01-07-2013 16:00

Roll Tide! :supergrin:
http://www.rhce.us/images/AlabamaPoo...ic100_0299.jpg

dango 01-07-2013 16:01

Red-Necks -vs- Irishmen........Hmmm? :dunno:

rolltide_pisco 01-07-2013 16:04

Roll Tide Roll. Got a pizza in the oven watching ESPN

Mayhem like Me 01-07-2013 16:25

Bama 35
ND 10

czsmithGT 01-07-2013 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichJ (Post 19833071)

Bama by 17. Book it.

All any team can do is beat the teams on their schedule. Before the season started ND looked to have the hardest schedule in the country, but Miami, Michigan State and Oklahoma and USC didn't cooperate- nothing ND can do about that. At least they didn't schedule Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina.

Michigan wasn't at their best this year but they could easily have won their bowl game against South Carolina. Stanford is one of the five best teams right now, maybe on of the two the best who knows.

Oregon would probably be playing in the championship game but they forgot to win all their games. They would kill Alabama and maybe ND. But they didn't earn the chance to try. I would have voted a one loss Oregon team ahead of a one loss Alabama team but the SEC bias took care of that.

I just wish ND had the chance to play the best SEC team instead of Alabama for the championship. Unfortunately A&M didn't get the chance. Football isn't always fair. Whatever. I have no idea how the game will go- obviously I hope ND wins but I'm not stupid enough to guarantee or even predict a victory. After all, I'm just a fan, not a member of the team or coaching staff so I have no control over the situation. I will predict that Saban won't have to have his QB take knees to start the second half in an attempt to keep it from being a rout.

sr556m9 01-07-2013 16:43

Roll Tide!

Mayhem like Me 01-07-2013 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by czsmithGT (Post 19833353)
All any team can do is beat the teams on their schedule. Before the season started ND looked to have the hardest schedule in the country, but Miami, Michigan State and Oklahoma and USC didn't cooperate- nothing ND can do about that. At least they didn't schedule Western Kentucky, Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina.

Michigan wasn't at their best this year but they could easily have won their bowl game against South Carolina. Stanford is one of the five best teams right now, maybe on of the two the best who knows.

Oregon would probably be playing in the championship game but they forgot to win all their games. They would kill Alabama and maybe ND. But they didn't earn the chance to try. I would have voted a one loss Oregon team ahead of a one loss Alabama team but the SEC bias took care of that.

I just wish ND had the chance to play the best SEC team instead of Alabama for the championship. Unfortunately A&M didn't get the chance. Football isn't always fair. Whatever. I have no idea how the game will go- obviously I hope ND wins but I'm not stupid enough to guarantee or even predict a victory. After all, I'm just a fan, not a member of the team or coaching staff so I have no control over the situation. I will predict that Saban won't have to have his QB take knees to start the second half in an attempt to keep it from being a rout.

Oregon would lose to Georgia and Alabama.. The two best teams played a few weeks ago you will see tonight..

RedTop 01-07-2013 16:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by dango (Post 19833216)
Red-Necks -vs- Irishmen........Hmmm? :dunno:

I don't think you'll find much of either actually playing the game. :whistling:

czsmithGT 01-07-2013 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mayhem like Me (Post 19833375)
Oregon would lose to Georgia and Alabama.. The two best teams played a few weeks ago you will see tonight..

Oregon won't play Georgia or Alabama, so how will I see anything about that tonight? Is Oregon playing a game tonight I didn't hear about?

NEVRL8T 01-07-2013 16:52

No way Notre Dame wins tonight! Go SEC!

Agsuper1 01-07-2013 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altaris (Post 19832867)
Roll Tide! ...this one time :wavey:

Plus 1

leadontarget 01-07-2013 16:59

Rooooooooooooooollllllllllllllll Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Beat em boys!!!!