Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Walther P22 and My First Silencer - FPS Video (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1462729)

The_Gun_Guru 01-06-2013 20:47

Walther P22 and My First Silencer - FPS Video

I had my Gemtech Alpine out today for the first time since I picked it up last week. Went through 100 rounds of WIN Super-X and about 100 rounds of WIN M-22 with only two FTFs near the end, which I attribute to the gun getting dirty. Other than those two issues, it was great!

First thing I did when I got home was clean it. I used Strike Hold and it worked great!

Here is a short video....

It was an awesome day! :banana:

TGG

chemcmndr 01-06-2013 21:01

Welcome to the world of suppressed shooting! Careful though, those stamps like to multiply...

The_Gun_Guru 01-06-2013 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemcmndr (Post 19829917)
Welcome to the world of suppressed shooting! Careful though, those stamps like to multiply...

Yeah, I already want a 9mm silencer for my Glock 27 w/LWD conversion barrel. This Alpine is rated for .22WMR and I'm hoping for an affordable threaded barrel for the KT PMR-30 in the near future.

TGG

bac1023 01-06-2013 21:55

Very cool :cool:

Toyman 01-07-2013 06:26

That didn't sound silent to me.

silent (adj) si·lent
utterly quiet: lacking any noise or sound

Travclem 01-07-2013 10:38

Nice, I am waiting on a few tax stamps myself. .22 silencers are fun and the P22 isn't good for much but for some reason it suppresses really well.

The_Gun_Guru 01-07-2013 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toyman (Post 19831124)
That didn't sound silent to me.

silent (adj) si·lent
utterly quiet: lacking any noise or sound

:upeyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travclem (Post 19831822)
Nice, I am waiting on a few tax stamps myself. .22 silencers are fun and the P22 isn't good for much but for some reason it suppresses really well.

absolutely!

I could actually hear the bullet hitting the paper even with my ear protection on.it was a very fun day!

TGG

Kozel 01-07-2013 13:15

My daughter likes to shoot her Walter with silencer. No need to drive to the range. Open back door and have at it.

I am up to three stamps now thinking about fourth. I never thought I will be stamp collector!

The_Gun_Guru 01-07-2013 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kozel (Post 19832397)
My daughter likes to shoot her Walter with silencer. No need to drive to the range. Open back door and have at it.

I am up to three stamps now thinking about fourth. I never thought I will be stamp collector!

that is awesome!

do you live in a rural area? I live in the city surrounded by houses :-(

it would have to be really really quiet for me to get away with shooting it in the backyard :-) lol

TGG

G26S239 01-07-2013 13:40

That is cool. Congratulations.

Kozel 01-07-2013 13:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru (Post 19832484)
that is awesome!

do you live in a rural area? I live in the city surrounded by houses :-(

it would have to be really really quiet for me to get away with shooting it in the backyard :-) lol

TGG

I am outside of city limits. Technically it is legal to shoot here but neighbors do not like the noise and school down the street goes on lockdown when I shoot here. Bunch of cops show up all pissed but they cannot really do anything.

I got some silencers to keep doughnut warriors doing what they do best – raise funds by writing tickets.

SGT278ACR 01-07-2013 14:34

I know a lot of folks like the P22, but I just couldn't get past the zinc alloy pot metal. Went with the Ruger SR22 instead. Have shot both and the Ruger seems to perform better. For me anyway.

The_Gun_Guru 01-07-2013 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kozel (Post 19832514)
I am outside of city limits. Technically it is legal to shoot here but neighbors do not like the noise and school down the street goes on lockdown when I shoot here. Bunch of cops show up all pissed but they cannot really do anything.

I got some silencers to keep doughnut warriors doing what they do best – raise funds by writing tickets.

that is awesome!:rofl:

I bet it pisses them off that they can't do anything about it. that would make my day!:rofl:

TGG

Travclem 01-07-2013 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SGT278ACR (Post 19832664)
I know a lot of folks like the P22, but I just couldn't get past the zinc alloy pot metal. Went with the Ruger SR22 instead. Have shot both and the Ruger seems to perform better. For me anyway.

I agree that the Ruger is a better gun, but the one's I have shot will require a barrel swap to suppress. The Walther just requires a $20 thread adapter.

ZombieJoe 01-07-2013 15:29

Congrats!
It looks like it would be a lot of fun with a Kel Tec PLR22.

The_Gun_Guru 01-07-2013 15:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZombieJoe (Post 19832857)
Congrats!
It looks like it would be a lot of fun with a Kel Tec PLR22.

Thanks, I agree.

I do have my GSG Kalshnakov all setup for it but I need to get some subsonic ammo. The GSG works best with HV ammo, so not sure how it will do with subsonic.

I will video it though and post on YouTube.

TGG

Fireman1291 01-07-2013 17:43

Awesome!

I still remember how friggin stoked I was when I brought my first "real" silencer home. I was like a kid on Christmas lolololol!

You loose that feeling as you buy more and more and more, it becomes a job I tell ya. Getting the silencer bug is worse than the gun bug I tell ya!

chemcmndr 01-07-2013 18:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travclem (Post 19831822)

My first suppressor/host was a Walther P22 & a TAC-65. It was pretty good suppressed, and a lot more reliable. I ended up giving the P22 to a friend as a going away present and got myself a threaded conversion kit for the G17. It sounds so much better IMO! It's at 1:27 in this video:

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru (Post 19832484)

TGG

You'd be surprised. I've shot into a Kevlar panel in my apartment with a .22 and someone was standing outside. They were none the wiser. Even though suppressors may not be "silent" they do alter the noise to something that isn't readily identifiable as a gunshot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireman1291 (Post 19833368)
You loose that feeling as you buy more and more and more, it becomes a job I tell ya. Getting the silencer bug is worse than the gun bug I tell ya!

I will agree that you become numb to it as your collection grows, but I don't know which is worse, the gun or silencer bug... I have 4 cans, 5 SBRs, and three more SBR projects in the works. It gets hectic with all the different host options for the cans though.

Fireman1291 01-08-2013 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by chemcmndr (Post 19833633)
I will agree that you become numb to it as your collection grows, but I don't know which is worse, the gun or silencer bug... I have 4 cans, 5 SBRs, and three more SBR projects in the works. It gets hectic with all the different host options for the cans though.

My suppressor bug is BAD:rofl:

My stamp count is 11 cans, 2 SBR, and 1 AOW. I need help:shocked:

The_Gun_Guru 01-08-2013 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fireman1291 (Post 19835146)
My suppressor bug is BAD:rofl:

My stamp count is 11 cans, 2 SBR, and 1 AOW. I need help:shocked:

The only help you need is help shooting them....I love the videos you post on YouTube, they ROCK!!!:rock:

I have always wanted a silencer but it wasn't till I started watching your videos that I got motivated to get the ball rolling. So to you I say THANK YOU!

TGG