Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Band of Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   What to do during the gun ban? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1462705)

Kaiser Soze 01-06-2013 18:03

What to do during the gun ban?

I got my firing fix this weekend, shot 'til I got blisters on my fingers...although I can still shoot pests at our farm, and plink with my slingshot at home, I'm looking for something new to do during the gun ban months.

Anybody got any ideas?:wavey:

jacques 01-06-2013 18:17

Billiards :)

edtf 01-06-2013 18:25

Archery or Cycling :)

sharkbait22 01-06-2013 18:28

Fishing

CatsMeow 01-06-2013 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze (Post 19829342)
I got my firing fix this weekend, shot 'til I got blisters on my fingers...although I can still shoot pests at our farm, and plink with my slingshot at home, I'm looking for something new to do during the gun ban months.

Yeah me too, had my firing fix at my old club in Cebu at the weekends before Christmas and before New Year's. My right hand was a wee bit sore afterwards, but developed into a full soreness over the weekend, probably because of beer-and-peanuts... it's Colchicine time.:supergrin:

I could still shoot, but it will have to be the range rental instead of my own piece. And I could "detail" my pistol after running a lot of range reloads through it without cleaning.

Allegra 01-06-2013 21:48

I've started biking again during weekends, puro explo rides
Enjoy na ulit pumedal w/ no particular destination
basta may butas pasukin , hoping you discover something new sa mga lumang lugar

plus, crossfit during weekdays

Louisville Glocker 01-06-2013 21:53

Read a book? Take some martial arts classes? Play some basketball? Learn some new skills? So many fun things to do in life.

Yeah, I'm going to shoot a bit less this winter (though, winter isn't exactly the best time for outdoor ranges anyway, which is where I like to shoot). Hopefully, when it becomes obvious that nothing is going to make it through the House, prices will return to normal, and supply channels will fill up once again, and by spring ammo will be plentiful once again.

I'm just thankful for every ammo order I put in over the past year. Nice to have at least a decent sized stockpile. I'm short on 357 but other than that, I'm good.

PMMA97 01-06-2013 22:22

I'm going to try juggling

edtf 01-07-2013 06:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker (Post 19830355)
Read a book? Take some martial arts classes? Play some basketball? Learn some new skills? So many fun things to do in life.

Yeah, I'm going to shoot a bit less this winter (though, winter isn't exactly the best time for outdoor ranges anyway, which is where I like to shoot). Hopefully, when it becomes obvious that nothing is going to make it through the House, prices will return to normal, and supply channels will fill up once again, and by spring ammo will be plentiful once again.

I'm just thankful for every ammo order I put in over the past year. Nice to have at least a decent sized stockpile. I'm short on 357 but other than that, I'm good.

We are on the other side of the pond :) - Philippines. You guys have it almost as bad as we do :( - We have a gun ban every election time due to the violence ---- yeah easy to blame the legit gun owners. Hope you guys overcome the big weapons ban storm over there. I am sure it will also greatly affect us over here :crying:

jasonub 01-08-2013 18:48

whoring count? hahaha just kidding ;)

CatsMeow 01-08-2013 19:02

If gas wasn't so expensive, I'll indulge in one of my pet diversions, long-distance driving over the weekend.

greentriple 01-08-2013 19:06

Spend even more time harassing right wing but jobs of GT

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Allegra 01-08-2013 19:13

Boss CM,
I like weekend roadtrips din , especially if it involves good company and masarap na kainan in the end
Try nyo mountain biking
I got into biking when I was burned out from ipsc
Na BI ni EDTF hehe I havent regretted it
Ang dami kong magagandang napuntahan lugar I havent been to before
All within an hour away from my house if I was to drive there :)

GunHo198 01-08-2013 19:31

I'm going to spend my time watching re-runs of House wives of Atlanta!

That show ROCKS!!!!

greentriple 01-08-2013 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by greentriple (Post 19837911)
Spend even more time harassing right wing but jobs of GT

I meant "nut"... Damn iPad

BBauer927 01-08-2013 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Soze (Post 19829342)

They aren't shutting down the ranges. Ammo may be hard to come by but won't be illegal. So how come you have to pick up a new hobby?

batangueno 01-09-2013 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBauer927 (Post 19838590)
They aren't shutting down the ranges. Ammo may be hard to come by but won't be illegal. So how come you have to pick up a new hobby?

Here in the Philippines, the government imposes a 6 month gun ban during an election season. During this gun ban period, licensed gun owners are not allowed to carry or even transport their firearms to/from the range. So you can just imagine the suffering we have to endure during this time. :)

horge 01-09-2013 13:07

Quote:

What to do during the gun ban?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxkiek91lp1qlo20t.gif

sandman_sy 01-09-2013 19:32

Same with Allegra.. thinking bout Biking... not thinking pala. Sure na. once may stock :) hahahah

maxmanta 01-10-2013 18:12

Running around the house with my MP5, reliving EVERY scene from Die Hard.

Ferdinandd 01-10-2013 18:21

Shoot my Contender and bolt guns. Ammo goes a lot slower when shooting those for groups and grinding over every shot. Not unusual to shoot groups for an hour and consume 20-30 rounds, letting guns cool, taking my time.

I'll still shoot 9mm and 5.56, since I have a lot of it. Like 5 year supply at current consumption pace.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

T-Rod45 01-10-2013 18:33

As long as it's 40-degrees or higher I'll ride my motorcycle. From late March to November all I did was ride, actually hadn't shot that entire span of time. Plus the ranges here are such a PITA to get into, and at $30/hr (without even getting into ammo cost), I can ride all day on that...

Wp.22 01-10-2013 18:43

bonding time with the kids.

Kaiser Soze 01-11-2013 00:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonub (Post 19837821)
whoring count? hahaha just kidding ;)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, didn't expect this answer!!! :tongueout:

I foolishly sold my mountain bike 2 years ago, I want to start again but kinda turned off by the cost of starting over...

CatsMeow 01-11-2013 00:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxmanta (Post 19846356)
Running around the house with my MP5, reliving EVERY scene from Die Hard.

You know, that's similar to what I did last night, I decided to make like a SWAT guy around my lodgings, "pieing the corner", transition to left side, till I got sleepy and put my rifle away.

As for biking, I don't have a bike at present but that should be a good hobby.