Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Florida Glockers Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Looking @ G26 for ccw (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461823)

BBauer927 01-03-2013 00:55

Looking @ G26 for ccw
 
hey guys,



already a owner of a S&W sd40ve. Its my home defense piece. But now I'm bout to make a purchase for my concealed piece (the 40 full size is way to big for concealing comfortably). Was looking at a bunch of compact/subcompact 9mm. Pretty much narrowed it down to the Glock 26 G4 or the Sig P250 subcompact. Any thoughts, comments, and suggestions would be much appreciated.



Also how does everyone like the "safe action" trigger that Glock uses?

MPJC 01-03-2013 10:00

Permitting I get approval again for my ccw this year, my G26 will accompany me everywhere. Mine is a 3rd Gen OD model. Shoots amazingly and very comfortable with my extended finger mag!

LuckyNemo 01-03-2013 10:27

Just ordered a 26 for me

ViennaGambit 01-03-2013 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBauer927 (Post 19813679)
already a owner of a S&W sd40ve. I

Why would you not get a G27 (same size as G26) in .40sw so you have the same ammo as your HD gun?

You can then buy a 9mm conversion barrel later to shoot 9mm out of the G27...

Either way, the G26/G27 is my favorite sized Glock, shoots sweet, decent enough trigger and can take G19, G17 and G18 mags...

colin1230 01-03-2013 14:04

G26 in a CBST, doesn't get any better than that!

BBauer927 01-03-2013 23:49

Thanks for your advice.

Only reason why I was going 9mm because for my EDC I would like a more "controllable" gun with more accuracy. Loaded with hollow points a 9mm should have no problem taking down a threat I would think.

ViennaGambit 01-04-2013 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBauer927 (Post 19817958)
Thanks for your advice.

Only reason why I was going 9mm because for my EDC I would like a more "controllable" gun with more accuracy. Loaded with hollow points a 9mm should have no problem taking down a threat I would think.

If you are comfortable stocking up on 9mm in addition to 40, go for it! The 26 rules.

I have bought and sold a lot of Glocks, but never ever thought of doing so with my 26. It just a perfect ccw.

I have now settled on a 26, 17 and 30.

BBauer927 01-04-2013 00:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by ViennaGambit (Post 19817982)
If you are comfortable stocking up on 9mm in addition to 40, go for it! The 26 rules.

I have bought and sold a lot of Glocks, but never ever thought of doing so with my 26. It just a perfect ccw.

I have now settled on a 26, 17 and 30.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm locked in on the 26 now. Because everyone seems to love this piece! And don't mind stocking up on 9mms, good news I only need to worry bout range bullets because my finances dad gave me 2 boxes of Remington HPJ hollow points. Atleast 9mm is cheaper than 40s too. And im sure down the road I will be adding more glocks to my collection.

ViennaGambit 01-04-2013 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBauer927 (Post 19818012)
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'm locked in on the 26 now. Because everyone seems to love this piece! And don't mind stocking up on 9mms, good news I only need to worry bout range bullets because my finances dad gave me 2 boxes of Remington HPJ hollow points. Atleast 9mm is cheaper than 40s too. And im sure down the road I will be adding more glocks to my collection.

You'll love it.

Now take a good course and buy some G17 & G19 mags while you still can....

Add an X-Grip adapter to a G19 mag in your G26, and, now you have a G19.

(not my pic)
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7149/6...1afd8625_z.jpg

Enjoy and be safe...

10-S 01-04-2013 09:33

I have the G26 G4 & it's a great gun. I like the G3 better, tho.

BBauer927 01-04-2013 22:55

Awesome pic Vienna. Thanks that is looking like exactly what I want!

jamaicanj 01-06-2013 08:46

G26 is my favorite Glock

SiberianErik 01-08-2013 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBauer927 (Post 19813679)
hey guys,



already a owner of a S&W sd40ve. Its my home defense piece. But now I'm bout to make a purchase for my concealed piece (the 40 full size is way to big for concealing comfortably). Was looking at a bunch of compact/subcompact 9mm. Pretty much narrowed it down to the Glock 26 G4 or the Sig P250 subcompact. Any thoughts, comments, and suggestions would be much appreciated.



Also how does everyone like the "safe action" trigger that Glock uses?


WE have both in my store if you are interested. I am not crazy about the Sig but I will let you compare them side by side if you want. I would get the Gen 4 33 and have all 3 cals available then :cool: I have one for around $559

gbanker 01-08-2013 23:36

Gen 3 26, appendix carry in a kydex bravo concealment holster is my preferred ccw, with an extra 15 or 10 round mag in the pocket.

SilverBullet_83 01-11-2013 17:45

My 27 conceals very well and is snappy to shoot but more accurate than I can shoot it

rs7183 01-12-2013 12:49

I have a gen3 G26, XS Big Dots in a sticky holster. I also have a Kahr CW9. It carries better, but the G26 isn't bad at all. I can pocket carry the CW9 in cargo shorts for summer carry. Winter and fall, it's the G26.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:25.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.