Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Caliber Corner (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   NYPD 9mm Gold Dot +P shooting in Brooklyn (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461790)

Brooklyn123456 01-02-2013 22:12

NYPD 9mm Gold Dot +P shooting in Brooklyn
 
A man was shot in the chest by the NYPD this afternoon in Fort Greene. According to the New York Times the victim is 40 years old, and was shot around 3:30 p.m. inside 48 Fort Greene Place. An NYPD spokesman declined to comment on the shooting, while an FDNY spokesman confirmed the victim was a male who was in serious condition.

NBC is reporting that the victim "lunged" at officers with a sharp object before he was shot, and has "psychological issues."

We'll update when we have more information.

[UPDATE // 4:56 PM] NYPD spokesman Paul Browne gave this statement to the Times on the shooting:

“You have a police officer in uniform in a marked police car,” said Paul J. Browne, the head police spokesman. “He is returning from a court appearance. He was flagged down by a woman at this location. He goes inside the building with this woman, and this guy comes at her and him with scissors and the officer fires two times, striking the assailant.”

The victim was taken to Kings County Hospital Center, and his name is still unknown.

[UPDATE // 7:15 PM] The NYPD has released a statement regarding the incident. After being flagged down by a woman on Fulton Street, the officer found the 40-year-old man on the second floor of the building holding a pair of scissors to his own throat. According to the release, "The man then threw the female to the ground and threatened to stab her with the scissors." The officer, who is 25 years old, then fired his weapon twice, "stopping [the man's] advance." The suspect is listed in critical condition at Kings County Hospital, while the officer was treated for tinnitus at Methodist Hospital. The woman involved was uninjured.

G26S239 01-02-2013 23:09

He seems to have physical issues in addition to his psychological issues.

Tiro Fijo 01-03-2013 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn123456 (Post 19813184)
...the officer was treated for tinnitus at Methodist Hospital...


Huh?



:rofl: :tongueout:

T-Rod45 01-03-2013 00:27

Ban scissors!

unit1069 01-03-2013 00:39

Interesting that the Radical Left New York Times would label the alleged offender a "victim".

Oh, I just remembered! For "progressives" any LEO or innocent law-abiding defender is the "perpetrator" and the deranged/criminal aggressor is a "victim".

Gray_Rider 01-03-2013 00:56

I doubt the good officer would have had the same result if he was still restricted to the old NYPD (PRNYC) 9mm ball ammo or the infamous "widow maker" .38 Special RNL rounds that caused the deaths of countless PRNYC* officers over the years due to their legendary lack of stopping power. Same applys to the PRNJ whose voters consistantly vote for Stalinist gun laws and draconian ammo bans. (No HP ammo for the common sheeples). Can't risk the innocent lives of street scum with "dum dum" bullets now tovarich!

*People's Republic of New York City/ People's Republic of New York State/ New Jersey

Gray_Rider

Yes Virginia, liberalisim IS a mental disorder!

Gray_Rider 01-03-2013 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit1069 (Post 19813653)
Interesting that the Radical Left New York Times would label the alleged offender a "victim".

Oh, I just remembered! For "progressives" any LEO or innocent law-abiding defender is the "perpetrator" and the deranged/criminal aggressor is a "victim".


This.

And a long Rebel Yell to you sir! :supergrin::wavey:

Gray_Rider

unit1069 01-03-2013 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray_Rider (Post 19813689)
This.

And a long Rebel Yell to you sir! :supergrin::wavey:

Gray_Rider

Thanks, bro, from a descendant of 12th Missouri Cavalry (Confederate) Company H veteran.

collim1 01-03-2013 09:46

He is not a "victim" by any definition. He tried to stab an officer doing his job, he should not get such credit as being labeled a victim.

a victim is someone who suffers a loss or injury as a result of criminal activity acting upon them. He brought this upon himself.

SCmasterblaster 01-03-2013 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gray_Rider (Post 19813684)
I doubt the good officer would have had the same result if he was still restricted to the old NYPD (PRNYC) 9mm ball ammo or the infamous "widow maker" .38 Special RNL rounds that caused the deaths of countless PRNYC* officers over the years due to their legendary lack of stopping power. Same applys to the PRNJ whose voters consistantly vote for Stalinist gun laws and draconian ammo bans. (No HP ammo for the common sheeples). Can't risk the innocent lives of street scum with "dum dum" bullets now tovarich!

*People's Republic of New York City/ People's Republic of New York State/ New Jersey

Gray_Rider

Yes Virginia, liberalisim IS a mental disorder!

So true. NYC has come a long way in properly arming their PDs.

cowboywannabe 01-03-2013 10:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by collim1 (Post 19814560)
He is not a "victim" by any definition. He tried to stab an officer doing his job, he should not get such credit as being labeled a victim.

a victim is someone who suffers a loss or injury as a result of criminal activity acting upon them. He brought this upon himself.

this is why we have so few journalist but plenty of news readers, so few know the true definition of a victim.

SCmasterblaster 01-03-2013 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboywannabe (Post 19814671)
this is why we have so few journalist but plenty of news readers, so few know the true definition of a victim.

True, so true. I have never trusted journalists to report anything accurately.

Shark1007 01-03-2013 12:58

Tinnitus is from shooting in an enclosed area, fairly common.

Snowman92D 01-03-2013 15:03

Yeah...but how do you get treated for tinnitus at the ER, or anywhere else, for that matter?

Shark1007 01-03-2013 19:24

You get evaluated for physiological changes, ruptured eardrum, hammer, stirrup, etc. When sudden onset of tinnitus occurs, they have to rule out something they can repair rather than just a pressure change injury.

Tiro Fijo 01-03-2013 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman92D (Post 19815716)
Yeah...but how do you get treated for tinnitus at the ER, or anywhere else, for that matter?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shark1007 (Post 19816808)
You get evaluated for physiological changes, ruptured eardrum, hammer, stirrup, etc. When sudden onset of tinnitus occurs, they have to rule out something they can repair rather than just a pressure change injury.


Also, to DOCUMENT the fact so if ever down the road the PD's insurance carrier tries to deny anything. CYA, legally. :whistling:

rustytxrx 01-03-2013 20:06

victim?

the situation - 40 yr old man with mental problems.

solution - two to the torso?

victim - yes.

conclusion - mental health care in the USA sucks and getting worse. it is going to take a lot of bullets to solve this problem

rusty

SCmasterblaster 01-04-2013 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowman92D (Post 19815716)
Yeah...but how do you get treated for tinnitus at the ER, or anywhere else, for that matter?

Good point. :cool:

jay-bird 01-04-2013 10:09

The NYTimes changed the "victim" to "the man" in the latest update.

But the headline is "Man Shot By Police in Ft Greene, Brooklyn." The police are at fault as opined in the headline of a "news" story.

SCmasterblaster 01-04-2013 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by jay-bird (Post 19818899)
The NYTimes changed the "victim" to "the man" in the latest update.

But the headline is "Man Shot By Police in Ft Greene, Brooklyn." The police are at fault as opined in the headline of a "news" story.

The NY Times can never be guilty of slander can they?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:52.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.