Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The 10 Ring (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Cold Bore Glock 20 Assist (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1461482)

samhouston 01-01-2013 15:16

Cold Bore Glock 20

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some pics of my 20 on which Cold Bore performed some plastic surgery.

Here's what I had done to the pistol:

-removed the Khardashian butt
-undercut the trigger guard
-recess the mag release area
-stippled 360 degrees with tactical texture
-trigger guard "memory" cut

I have some skateboard tape on the forward frame flat now--I should have had him texture that area as well. Not shown is an Arredondo mag extension that he also textured.

I am very pleased with the work. The pistol is much more controllable with Lance Armstrong (read: enhanced) loads, and I don't miss Khardashians butt at all. The grip texture is very aggressive compared with the factory stuff Mr. Owen also textured a Glock 19 at the same time with the "carry" texture, so I can compare both types side-by-side. The stippling looks the same visually, but the tactical texture is definitely deeper and more grippy.

I am absolutely in love with the memory cut in the trigger guard. This feature really seems to make the pistol snuggle down into my grip (snuggle seems an odd word to use in relation to a pistol). I did not have this memory cut done to my 19 sent in at the same time, and I regret it now.

Thanks Lane!

Attachment 230094

Attachment 230095

Attachment 230097

Attachment 230099

cigarman454 01-01-2013 17:12

Looks really nice I especially like the memory cut on the trigger guard.

bac1023 01-02-2013 23:02

Very nice

Short Cut 01-03-2013 21:42

Sure appreciate your photos and comments. Hope you'll keep us updated after some serious range time. :cowboy:

RYT 2BER 01-03-2013 21:47

Looks nice.

I must have long fingers... I don't want my grip any slimmer.

Short Cut 01-03-2013 22:14

Grip size, to me, is mainly about how a defensive/carry gun points. I can shoot large pistols well at the range with a shooting bench or table, but they don't draw and point quickly or naturally for me. I tend towards full size pistols and always felt the G34 or Gov't model 1911 point better for me than the G21 or G20. Yet these two are great working pistols I just couldn't find a reason to part with them.

Now with this grip reduction work I've seen from Cold Bore and others I'm getting excited to finally have a G20 that points well which could make it a real CCW candidate.

I'm curious to see how this texture works out for you, Sam. Just going by the photos I'm kinda partial to the "bark" texture.

TSAX 01-03-2013 22:37

:cool:, looks like more good work from Cold Bore

:50cal:

Glockz0r 01-04-2013 07:19

Looks a little hooky with the major stippling being stopped at the mag release and I would have sprung for removing the finger grooves too. But, if your happy with it then its all good.