Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   The king has spoken - whitehouse petition against AWB CLOSED! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1460478)

opto_isolator 12-27-2012 21:46

The king has spoken - whitehouse petition against AWB CLOSED!

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...acity/bjlkvNSf

With only 31k votes, the bastards CLOSED the petition. I guess it's good to be the king? If they would have left it open, it would have gotten MANY more signatures. What a joke this country has become.

ithaca_deerslayer 12-27-2012 22:57

I don't know anything about the process, but wouldn't petitions just stay open until they get enough votes to get a response?

The bad thing is the writer of the response seems to think there is something especially dangerous about the guns he calls "assault weapons." Seems to show a real ignorance about them (just like my ignorance about the petitions).

They are just semi-automatic rifles, which have been around for 100 years. Is the Remington 740 somehow less dangerous than an AR?

QNman 12-27-2012 23:04

More machinations of the Chicago political machine. Now he can say "look, I had a petition, but it only got 31,000 votes". And the leftist worshippers will lap it up, greedy for more. The lapdog media will play the sound bites, cleverly delivered from the TOTUS, and the leftist worshippers will wag their tails and roll over for a belly scratch.

Meanwhile, our Republic will continue to gasp for breath.

JBnTX 12-28-2012 00:25

What do you expect?
Petitions on that website are a joke.

Think about it, it's the friggin White House website...Duh!...:faint:

pugman 12-28-2012 05:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer (Post 19788074)
Is the Remington 740 somehow less dangerous than an AR?

Becareful of the liberal mind.

A very liberal coworker of mine and I had this discussion...

I said, would you have preferred if that idiot had used a pump shotgun rather than an AR. Her response

"Which is why they all should be banned"

I have now learned to say a pistol, shotgun, or semi-automatic rifle...one is no MORE dangerous than the other.

Her response "Prove it."

My answer: A man breaks into your house with the intent of raping you....you pull a shotgun, pistol or full auto AR with every bell and whistle in the book...when he sees it is he any more likely to run away with one or the other? If he comes at you and you pull the trigger...is he any more or less dead?

Here end the lesson.

I love making liberals mad :supergrin:

Gunnut 45/454 12-28-2012 13:46

Yea ,but they have 31K of names and addresses of gun owners to go do a knock and confiscate!:rofl:

G19G20 12-28-2012 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBnTX (Post 19788318)
What do you expect?
Petitions on that website are a joke.

Think about it, it's the friggin White House website...Duh!...:faint:

I agree with JB here. (don't tell anyone)

The whole notion of the WH Petition thing just reeks of "let them eat cake!"

Nevermind that I wouldnt be caught dead putting my name onto any sort of gun rights online petition, particularly one run by the feds.

dukeblue91 12-28-2012 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by G19G20 (Post 19790353)
I agree with JB here. (don't tell anyone)

The whole notion of the WH Petition thing just reeks of "let them eat cake!"

Nevermind that I wouldnt be caught dead putting my name onto any sort of gun rights online petition, particularly one run by the feds.

This is the real reason why I have never participated in any of their petitions either.
I will not make it that easy and put my name into the hat for them to pull me from.

Cavalry Doc 12-28-2012 17:08

http://www.doyourthing.ca/cms/wp-con...Brick-Wall.jpg

Be serious for a moment. Even if there had been 100,000,000 signatures on the petition, Barry is in his "more flexible" second term, and he will push for more gun control because he can.

The petition site is a joke of monumental proportions, just because you can petition the white house does not mean they are going to listen. Closing the petition should raise your level of concern though.

Better start writing your reps, if they cannot hold the line, all is lost on the gun control front.

Ruble Noon 12-28-2012 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc (Post 19790664)
http://www.doyourthing.ca/cms/wp-con...Brick-Wall.jpg

Be serious for a moment. Even if there had been 100,000,000 signatures on the petition, Barry is in his "more flexible" second term, and he will push for more gun control because he can.

The petition site is a joke of monumental proportions, just because you can petition the white house does not mean they are going to listen. Closing the petition should raise your level of concern though.

Better start writing your reps, if they cannot hold the line, all is lost on the gun control front.

Doc, in all honesty, I don't think writing our reps will have any more effect than petitioning obama. Hell, 20,000 men marched on DC for money they were owed, stayed there day and night for months in protest and what did they get? They got attacked by their own army.

Cavalry Doc 12-28-2012 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruble Noon (Post 19790809)
Doc, in all honesty, I don't think writing our reps will have any more effect than petitioning obama. Hell, 20,000 men marched on DC for money they were owed, stayed there day and night for months in protest and what did they get? They got attacked by their own army.

:dunno: I'll admit it's not a great plan, and there is no guarantee of success. But at this time, that and sending a little extra to NRA and GOA, and joining SAF, what else is there to do?

My crystal ball is still broken, so I just do what I can.

juggy4711 12-28-2012 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruble Noon (Post 19790809)

Further proof that this grand experiment has been destined for failure since day one. The Founders knew it would happen. MacArthur lead that army if I am not mistaken. A great patriot just following orders.

G19G20 12-28-2012 19:08

90% of people that called Congress opposed TARP too.

This video seemed appropriate since Feinstein said her constituents called overwhelmingly against TARP, but she voted to pass it because it's in your best interest.

You forget who politicians work for. It isn't you.

QNman 12-28-2012 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc (Post 19790893)
:dunno: I'll admit it's not a great plan, and there is no guarantee of success. But at this time, that and sending a little extra to NRA and GOA, and joining SAF, what else is there to do?

I will admit I have not written my reps yet. However, of them, I have a senator who has vowed to vote against any restrictions (Blunt), one who will definitively vote whatever way she thinks her dreamboat President wants her to vote (McCaskill) and a rep who will vote against it. Who do I write?

QNman 12-28-2012 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by G19G20 (Post 19791106)
90% of people that called Congress opposed TARP too.

This video seemed appropriate since Feinstein said her constituents called overwhelmingly against TARP, but she voted to pass it because it's in your best interest.

91,000 CALLS 85,000 AGAINST THE BAILOUT BILL! Sen Feinstein - YouTube

You forget who politicians work for. It isn't you.

Unfortunately, this is all true.

janice6 12-28-2012 19:28

Oh my goodness. Opposition not wanted. Thanks Obama.

dvrdwn72 12-28-2012 19:35

How about the fact an ar wasnt even used,, confirmed by the police. No, absolutely no rifle of any kind was found in the school, but still in the vehicle that Adam Lanza drove. So, why even scream "ban the scary rifle"????

mj9mm 12-28-2012 19:36

maybe we could have a Ted Nugent look a like contest out on the WhiteHouse lawn, that might get some attention:whistling:

Ruble Noon 12-28-2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavalry Doc (Post 19790893)

That's what's so damnable. All we can do is petition our overlords and beg of them not to take away our rights.

Ruble Noon 12-28-2012 19:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by juggy4711 (Post 19791020)
Further proof that this grand experiment has been destined for failure since day one. The Founders knew it would happen. MacArthur lead that army if I am not mistaken. A great patriot just following orders.

Yep..