Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The 10 Ring (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Para Long Slide Hunter 10mm (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1457927)

UnitBob 12-16-2012 07:50

Para Long Slide Hunter 10mm
 
http://i.imgur.com/oc6vb.gif

They mentioned it at SHOT Show 2012, has there been any recent announcements on it?

I see several sites have it listed, but not yet in stock with no indication of when it will be in stock.

bac1023 12-16-2012 09:36

Interesting

nickE10mm 12-16-2012 09:46

I had heard about this after the SHOT show but I have not heard anything about it since. It would be a nice new pistol for the 10mm industry.

alwaysshootin 12-16-2012 11:38

All I can say is the firearms industry sure isn't attempting to overwhelm us with new introductions in 10MM. We got one that I know of with Rock Islands offering. Perhaps in 2013 they will see the light.

bac1023 12-16-2012 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickE10mm (Post 19741151)
I had heard about this after the SHOT show but I have not heard anything about it since. It would be a nice new pistol for the 10mm industry.

Yeah, maybe.

Para's quality is below average, as far as I'm concerned.

nickE10mm 12-16-2012 11:56

Speaking if the new RIA 10mm, my dad should have his on Mon or Tues. :)

bac1023 12-16-2012 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickE10mm (Post 19741634)
Speaking if the new RRI 10mm, my dad should have his on Mon or Tues. :)

Cool :cool:

I like the Armscor 1911s.

nickE10mm 12-16-2012 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1023 (Post 19741700)
Cool :cool:

I like the Armscor 1911s.

Yep. I don't have any first-hand experience with the RRI's, however I do have a lot of 1911 experience in general. I don't see why it wouldn't be a great shooter.

Time will tell. Ill make sure he gives me a full range report when he shoots it.

bac1023 12-16-2012 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickE10mm (Post 19741707)
Yep. I don't have any first-hand experience with the RRI's, however I do have a lot of 1911 experience in general. I don't see why it wouldn't be a great shooter.

Time will tell. Ill make sure he gives me a full range report when he shoots it.

I'm looking forward to hearing about it. :)

The Filipino 1911s are great deals.

alwaysshootin 12-16-2012 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1023 (Post 19741874)
I'm looking forward to hearing about it. :)

The Filipino 1911s are great deals.

Trust me on this, a lot of us are!:whistling:

bac1023 12-16-2012 13:14

I only buy 1911s in 45 ACP, but the RRA is a good deal.

nickE10mm 12-16-2012 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1023 (Post 19741928)
I only buy 1911s in 45 ACP, but the RRA is a good deal.

RIA, not RRA ;)

alwaysshootin 12-16-2012 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickE10mm (Post 19741947)
RII, not RRA ;)

Only a slight difference in the two :supergrin:

nickE10mm 12-16-2012 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysshootin (Post 19742025)
Only a slight difference in the two :supergrin:

Touché, just clearing any confusion. ;-)

bac1023 12-16-2012 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickE10mm (Post 19741947)
RII, not RRA ;)

oops :embarassed:

Actually, you got it wrong too.

Its RIA. :tongueout:

nickE10mm 12-16-2012 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1023 (Post 19742990)
oops :embarassed:

Actually, you got it wrong too.

Its RIA. :tongueout:

F^#%, I did! I even looked at it and read it out loud. Duh! Well I give up lol

bac1023 12-16-2012 18:34

:rofl:

UnitBob 12-17-2012 10:02

So Para's reputation is worse than RIA's?

At least it's a long slide, who else makes them in 10mm?

Tablerock 12-17-2012 17:10

NickE is correct. Mine is actually here and was delivered (attempted delivery) today, but my FFL is closed on Sun & Monday......OUCH !! So, my tracking info says it will now be delivered tomorrow (Tues) and I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve.....I probably won't be able to sleep tonight...LOL
I will try and post up some shooting info unless it blows up in my hand. I know RIA is just a "box gun", not like even a Dan Wesson, or Kimber, or whatever, but if it shoots good, and holds together, I'll be a very happy guy. Most "box guns" need varying amounts of rounds fired before they come into there own, and I have a bunch of ammo handy and ready. Mostly handloads with different bullet weights....I was always a fan of a 45 1911 until nickE10mm showed me the light....LOVE THOSE 10's !

nickE10mm 12-17-2012 17:12

FP-10 is your friend during break-in!!!!

Tablerock 12-17-2012 17:16

Let's see..... FP-10 would be....."freakin prybar 10 inches long ?

nickE10mm 12-17-2012 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tablerock (Post 19747034)
Let's see..... FP-10 would be....."freakin prybar 10 inches long ?

Lol no, it's that firearm lube on your workbench. Especially good for 1911's

Tablerock 12-17-2012 17:26

About all I use anymore is Wilson Combat Lube. Heck, Bill W. is just a few miles from me....As we say in the Ozarks, "Down in Barville".....LOL

nickE10mm 12-17-2012 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tablerock (Post 19747074)
About all I use anymore is Wilson Combat Lube. Heck, Bill W. is just a few miles from me....As we say in the Ozarks, "Down in Barville".....LOL

Well whatever you use, slather it on!

Oh and to the OP, sorry for hijacking your thread!

UnitBob 01-18-2013 19:29

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/9071/elitels.jpg


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:14.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.