Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Civil Liberties Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Notice from the mail. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456680)

I Shooter 12-08-2012 15:28

Notice from the mail.

Hi all.

I got a letter in the mail the other day. It told me that my drivers license had been suspended because of non payment of a ticket that I got for no seat belt.

The only real problem is that I never got such a ticket. I was never stopped. Nor was I ever in the town that they said I got it in.

I have talked with local police and was told more or less that I was a lier and needed to pay the ticket.

I sent the money off to get my license back. Now what do I do about this.

This is all bull. I wold have paid the fine if I had gotten the ticket. The fine is only $25.00. The bad part is that they can do this again to me.

I have no idea what to do.

Any one have any ideas?

CanMan 12-08-2012 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Shooter (Post 19713595)
Hi all.

I got a letter in the mail the other day. It told me that my drivers license had been suspended because of non payment of a ticket that I got for no seat belt.

The only real problem is that I never got such a ticket. I was never stopped. Nor was I ever in the town that they said I got it in.

I have talked with local police and was told more or less that I was a lier and needed to pay the ticket.

This is all bull. I wold have paid the fine if I had gotten the ticket. The fine is only $25.00. The bad part is that they can do this again to me.

Any one have any ideas?

You could ask for documentation, either in a still shot (if it was one of those sneaky 'red light cameras') or you could request the officer come forward to prove the infraction.

Might have to go to court to get either.

Depends on how much your time is worth to you.

Does anybody else drive your vehicle?

Hope you get resolution! :wavey:

I Shooter 12-08-2012 19:36

I am the only one that drives my truck. The wife will not drive it. It is to big for her. 8' bed with crew cab. No it wasn't a camera. The officer claims he stopped me. Yet I have never been there nor has my truck.

wrenrj1 12-08-2012 19:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Shooter (Post 19713595)
Hi all.

Any one have any ideas?

Reverse your comment, that's what you should have done. Request documentation, THEN pay the fine if it applies.

Sounds like you're done. Did you get your license back? If so, you're good. If not contact someone.

SgtScott31 12-16-2012 03:49

I would not have paid the fine. It's one thing to contest a ticket where there's a dispute between you & the citing officer, but if you were not even stopped and cited, you should have moved forward with written documentation to the head of the reporting agency and contest the ticket in the court. Paying the ticket is basically admitting guilt.

I would imagine there's some pretty viable proof to back your story up. Video evidence, photos, cell phone records where you were, testimony from people you were with, etc etc. Why did you pay it?

DustyJacket 12-16-2012 07:41

ask for a copy of the ticket.

Glockingted 12-28-2012 17:58

Some one stole your ID???????