Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Freemason's Lodge (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Who's going where this year? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1456188)

Chuck66 12-05-2012 08:44

Who's going where this year?
 
I was elected to the South last night. Woot! One step closer to the East. :supergrin:

Anyone else moving up through the chairs, or taking a new job this year?

Bilbo Baggins 12-05-2012 11:56

Going to Stay on as Director of Work, but that is the only job I have next year(need a bit of a break)

deputy tom 12-05-2012 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck66 (Post 19702320)
I was elected to the South last night. Woot! One step closer to the East. :supergrin:

Anyone else moving up through the chairs, or taking a new job this year?

Congrats Bro. SW. That was one of my favorite stations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins (Post 19702922)
Going to Stay on as Director of Work, but that is the only job I have next year(need a bit of a break)

Good for you Mike. We still think about you up here in PA.

I have a few appointed tasks but no more floor work for this tired, old PM. Have a great year Brethren. tom.:cool:

jakebrake 12-05-2012 20:35

looks like i will be the new junior master of ceremonies.

deputy tom 12-06-2012 06:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebrake (Post 19704735)
looks like i will be the new junior master of ceremonies.

Good for you Bro. tom.:cool:

Chuck66 12-06-2012 13:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by deputy tom (Post 19704206)
Congrats Bro. SW. That was one of my favorite stations.

Thanks! It's one of my favs. I like the West the most. I'll be there soon enough, though. :cool:

jakebrake 12-08-2012 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by deputy tom (Post 19705439)
Good for you Bro. tom.:cool:

the other chairs have voted that i have to rolls my r's like the previous m.c.

he's from kiev.

deputy tom 12-08-2012 09:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck66 (Post 19706509)
Thanks! It's one of my favs. I like the West the most. I'll be there soon enough, though. :cool:

I was in the West four times. I liked that station as well.tom.

deputy tom 12-08-2012 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebrake (Post 19712304)
the other chairs have voted that i have to rolls my r's like the previous m.c.

he's from kiev.

I'd like to see that in person. tom.:cool:

jakebrake 12-08-2012 15:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by deputy tom (Post 19712466)
I'd like to see that in person. tom.:cool:

that would make two of us.

our incoming sr deacon and i were talking to a philly prince hall member last night. he wants to get our info so we can witness the price hall degrees. from what i understand, it's night and day compared to blue lodge degrees. any insights?

deputy tom 12-08-2012 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebrake (Post 19713567)
that would make two of us.

our incoming sr deacon and i were talking to a philly prince hall member last night. he wants to get our info so we can witness the price hall degrees. from what i understand, it's night and day compared to blue lodge degrees. any insights?

I worked with a man that was PH and from what I gathered they are almost the same ritualisticly in most respects. He became the RWGM of their segment. I was pleasantly supprized. He was a nice man. tom.

Batesmotel 12-09-2012 16:23

I was installed in the west last night. Going to be a busy year.

Hyksos 12-16-2012 08:48

I'm actually stepping out of the line because I won't have time. I would be Senior Deacon, but alas I might be moving in May so I don't want to take the position and then bail on the lodge.

As for PH, I would like to see their degrees but I can't. We have initiated a few former PHA guys, and they say that they haze you pretty bad. One of the guys (now a Brother in our mainstream lodge) has a scar on his left breast from the 1st degree where they literally pierced him and he bled. I'm not down with that kinda stuff, and I didn't really believe it until I saw the scar for myself.

jakebrake 12-16-2012 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hyksos (Post 19740724)

As for PH, I would like to see their degrees but I can't. We have initiated a few former PHA guys, and they say that they haze you pretty bad. One of the guys (now a Brother in our mainstream lodge) has a scar on his left breast from the 1st degree where they literally pierced him and he bled. I'm not down with that kinda stuff, and I didn't really believe it until I saw the scar for myself.

as it was described to me, they were....intense...about their degrees. i was told these poor gents reeeeeaaaallllllyyyyy had to earn their stripes.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:36.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.