Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Bob Costas Anti-Gun Statement (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1455849)

INJoker 12-02-2012 20:07

Bob Costas Anti-Gun Statement
 
Did anyone else just see this during the Cowboys game?

Bob Costas just read about a minute-and-a-half statement regarding the Kansas City tragedy involving Jovan Belcher.

The statement (I did not catch the author) squarely blames "the gun culture in America" and the fact that Jovan Belcher was able to purchase a firearm for the murder/suicide he committed.

:upeyes: :steamed:

It was really ****ing despicable.

End rant.

dr_hefley 12-02-2012 20:09

I caught it. Even my wife asked "did he really just do that?" Insanely crass & unprofessional.

Fox184 12-02-2012 20:09

Just saw it, it was crap.

What about the event last week in Casper, WY. The guy used a Bow and Knife for a domestic incident. Do those weapons need banned as well?

reset 12-02-2012 20:10

Costas is officially on my **** list forever.

INJoker 12-02-2012 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by reset (Post 19693791)
Costas is officially on my **** list forever.

This is my reaction as well.

It was really, really small of him. I assumed he had a little more integrity than to pull something like that in prime time.

Wow.

glockfanbob 12-02-2012 20:12

This is what inwrote in the other thread:


NFL and Bob Costas apparently think it's ok to make statements about how a handgun is to blame. How about they question the connection between players taking hits to the head while playing as well as the mentality one needs to play such a physical game like football in how it could relate to poor anger management off of the field.

Many suicides from NFL players, not all even involve guns. Ban the NFL.

flyover 12-02-2012 20:12

Yeah, I herd it. I guess he'd been happier if the guy would have beaten her to death with a baseball bat. Nothing like exploiting tragedy to further your goals.

CBennett 12-02-2012 20:13

^ same dude has no idea what would have happened the guy could have beat,stabbed her just as well as shot so a big F U tohim and the guy he was quoting from.

flyover 12-02-2012 20:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by reset (Post 19693791)
Costas is officially on my **** list forever.

As far as I'm concerned Costas is a turd. :steamed:

Scott3670 12-02-2012 20:15

Unbelievable. So can I assume from his statement that those of us who own firearms are somehow in a grand conspiracy to commit violence? What Belcher did was tragic but in now indicative of gun owners in general. It's no different that the person who drives DUI and kills someone. It's the person's fault, not the item that they used to commit their crime.

czsmithGT 12-02-2012 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by INJoker (Post 19693772)
The statement (I did not catch the author) squarely blames "the gun culture in America" and the fact that Jovan Belcher was able to purchase a firearm for the murder/suicide he committed.

It was from Jason Whitlock

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/j...-sunday-120112

ICARRY2 12-02-2012 20:19

What do you expect from a new york liberal?:rolleyes:

Peace Warrior 12-02-2012 20:19

My next oldest brother and I would turn off the sound and watch costas called games with the radio (music) on. Just another reason not to change our particular status quo.

It (i.e., the gun-grabber's rhetoric) is going to get more and more insidious folks.

danield0825 12-02-2012 20:19

Bob Costas is an idiot.

INJoker 12-02-2012 20:20

The portion Bob Costas read was essentially the last four paragraphs of the story in the link posted above by czsmithGT...

I don't want to give any more credit to the jackass author by posting a quote from it in this forum.

scwine 12-02-2012 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by reset (Post 19693791)
Costas is officially on my **** list forever.

Amen.

michael e 12-02-2012 20:21

Saw it, rewound it to make sure I heard it correctly. Then turned the crap off.
I hate the cowboys , was just watching hoping they would lose.

Powers77 12-02-2012 20:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by glockfanbob (Post 19693804)
This is what inwrote in the other thread:


NFL and Bob Costas apparently think it's ok to make statements about how a handgun is to blame. How about they question the connection between players taking hits to the head while playing as well as the mentality one needs to play such a physical game like football in how it could relate to poor anger management off of the field.

Many suicides from NFL players, not all even involve guns. Ban the NFL.

A big +1.
Bob Costas needs to stick to things that don't confuse his simplistic mind. Like sports and botox.

gjk5 12-02-2012 20:24

stupid guy says stupid thing while commenting on stupid game.

wowzers.

lunarspeak 12-02-2012 20:28

if you were offended as much as me then do something about it

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/NBCSports?fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/NFL?fref=ts

let them feel your outrage

INJoker 12-02-2012 20:29

The comments block under the article is going crazy with pro-gun support. They all think Whitlock is an idiot - and I submit that Costas is an idiot for acting as his mouthpiece.

AZ DBLTRBL 12-02-2012 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr_hefley (Post 19693781)
I caught it. Even my wife asked "did he really just do that?" Insanely crass & unprofessional.

I just watched it and laughed out loud....he needs to shut up and just...naw, he needs to just shut up. :shakehead:

glockfanbob 12-02-2012 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by lunarspeak (Post 19693886)
if you were offended as much as me then do something about it

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/NBCSports?fref=ts

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/NFL?fref=ts

let them feel your outrage

I don't have a Facebook account. :dunno:

97XJ_Sport 12-02-2012 20:34

I guess suicide and murder didn't exist before guns came along?

RGbiker 12-02-2012 20:35

Russia prohibits civilian handgun ownership and Japan totally prohibits civilian firearm ownership, yet both are #1 and #2 ranking in suicides.

I wonder how those people manage to kill them selves without guns?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.