Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Survival/Preparedness Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Counter-Kidnapping Course - Any interest? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1455261)

RJ1670 11-28-2012 20:25

Counter-Kidnapping Course - Any interest?

All,

I'm seeking input on whether any forum members would be interested in a counter-kidnapping course put on by Armada Global (www.armadaglobalinc.com, admin@armadaglobalinc.com, 412.253.2013). We're in the process of determining demand for such a course and then will roll out dates if there is interest. The course would be a 2 day seminar format aimed at basic fundamentals to avoid, evade, and counter the threat.

Primary emphasis will be on recognizing hostile surveillance from kidnapping/terrorist elements so you can avoid and evade.

We'll have a COI on combatives also to counter the threat.

Finally additional emphasis will be on defeating restraints so you can escape in prompt fashion if you get snatched.

There won't be a firearms piece to this as this is more tailored for business executives traveling overseas (or to Phoenix, AZ).

Primary instructor will be a former CIA Counter-Terrorism Ops Officer.

If this is of interest to anyone, please let me know.

quake 11-29-2012 08:00

Personally, no. On the "odds vs. stakes" scale, the likelihood of this for me or my immediate family is nil or even less. I can envision some far-fetched scenarios, but they're WAY far-fetched (use a kidnapping to leverage customer info from our security company, etc). Nothing other than that comes to mind.

We're blue-collar, rural, physically large and armed. No young girls for 'that' kind of kidnapping, and my wife is older (and meaner) than I am. Even my youngest child is the size of a college linebacker, and anyone who kidnaps him and has to feed him, would soon be paying me to take him back. :supergrin:

Can't hurt to ask, obviously; but I suspect that anyone who frequents this type of forum and has pretty much any real level of that kind of threat, has most likely addressed it already. :wavey:

dukeblue91 11-29-2012 11:35

Although it would be interesting to learn the practicality or actual usefulness is pretty slim in my situation.
There are bigger things I worry about then being taken hostage.

actionshooter10 11-30-2012 00:34

You could condense your curriculum to: Don't be in stupid places at stupid times with stupid people doing stupid things. That was the gist of every briefing and class I've attended on the subject.

On a more serious note. You are probably pitching this to the wrong crowd. Good luck.

TK-421 11-30-2012 00:51

I'm with duke and action. Cool to learn? If it was free and I had a free afternoon. Useful for us? Not likely. I too think you're pitching this to the wrong crowd. Not saying it's a bad idea, just that the people here will either never be in a situation where they could use the training, would rather die in a blaze of gun fire than get kidnapped, or they'd go off on some random tangent claiming they'd never let muslims in the country, so they don't have to worry about getting kidnapped.

cowboywannabe 11-30-2012 00:59

kidnapping is generally done for leverage.....i have nothing to bargan with.

TKM 11-30-2012 01:49

Finally, a tactical course I can ace.:supergrin:

dukeblue91 11-30-2012 05:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-421 (Post 19684023)
I'm with duke and action. Cool to learn? If it was free and I had a free afternoon. Useful for us? Not likely. I too think you're pitching this to the wrong crowd. Not saying it's a bad idea, just that the people here will either never be in a situation where they could use the training,

You did fine up to here but then lost it again. :wow:

Sam Spade 11-30-2012 08:26

I'm close enough to Mexico that I'd be interested.

After the recent spate of fakes, I'll need more than some pseudonym and "trust us" for the instructor's creds.

RJ1670 11-30-2012 23:56

PM sent, Sam.

TK-421 12-01-2012 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukeblue91 (Post 19684262)
You did fine up to here but then lost it again. :wow:

I've just been picking up a ton of anti-muslim on glock talk. Not saying that's your point of view, and it's definitely not mine, but it's just something I've noticed recently. And I love to pick at all the things I see that I consider stupid, which I why I tossed it in.

PaulMason 12-01-2012 06:13

I'm guessing kiddnappers outside the USA fall into two types - those who take high value executives for ransom and those who take lone travelers for ransom (very few I'm guessing).
In the USA I've seen stories about a lonely guy gets picked up by a woman/young woman and thinks he is love. She gets to know him and finds out how much he is worth. Then the woman's boyfriend kidnaps the lonely guy and demands ransom from the family. I'm always skeptical when someone starts to ask me about my money.

dukeblue91 12-01-2012 10:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-421 (Post 19687561)
I've just been picking up a ton of anti-muslim on glock talk. Not saying that's your point of view, and it's definitely not mine, but it's just something I've noticed recently. And I love to pick at all the things I see that I consider stupid, which I why I tossed it in.

Well not for me it really had not much to do with GT at all and I have had those feelings for some time.
However you are right that I and others have become more vocal about it in the last couple of years.

But if one just sits idly by and says nothing then they are just as responsible and or will never change anything.
The times we are in do call for more actions and not being a pacifist on the sidelines.
I wished more people would open their eyes and see Islam for what it really is.
Islam has waged war with us for a long time, we just have not acknowledged that fact or dismissed the seriousness of their intents.

kirgi08 12-01-2012 11:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by TK-421 (Post 19687561)

Pay attention,watch the violent acts worldwide.Then do a matrix of the middle east.'08.

I'm not anti Muslim.I don't really whom one prays ta,my contention is the peaceful ones won't help stop the violent ones.

Berto 12-01-2012 11:06

Being worthless has its perks.

Berto 12-01-2012 11:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by TKM (Post 19684072)
Fat People Are Hard to Kidnap - YouTube

Finally, a tactical course I can ace.:supergrin:

Reminds me of the Albanian episode of Top Gear.

PaulMason 12-01-2012 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirgi08 (Post 19688557)

I'm not anti Muslim.I don't really whom one prays ta,my contention is the peaceful ones won't help stop the violent ones.

That is a point many miss. Look at Europe during WWII. 12 million were killed in the camps, yet, there were a lot of people who did nothing about it and in doing so enabled it happening.

kirgi08 12-01-2012 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berto (Post 19688563)
Being worthless has its perks.

Worthless is wrong Berto,sorta like that former Mexican Mayor.She got whacked for her beliefs and actions.They did spare her kid/s.Whereas a Muslim attacker would not have.There is honor on some levels.The old mob would not touch women or kids.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMason (Post 19688597)
That is a point many miss. Look at Europe during WWII. 12 million were killed in the camps, yet, there were a lot of people who did nothing about it and in doing so enabled it happening.

Paul,good point.The thing yer missing is they ain't in camps.They function among those that seek ta dominate them/and or attempt ta force SHARIA around the world.

What most are missing or chose ta ignore is this:Is that Islam is both a POLITICAL and a RELIGIOUS entity.They change cloaks as well as a chameleon.

They use the "religious" or the political side of their mandate ta further their collective goals.

Giving the "devil" their collective due it does met results,look at France.That nation has areas that Cops are "verbotten".'08.:upeyes:

dukeblue91 12-01-2012 16:22

When I left Germany in the mid 80's the writing was on the wall.
We had a huge influx of Muslims and the laws where changing rapidly in favor of their minority.
I saw this coming.
Today if you make a ethnic or racial remarks you get fined up to 300 euros no matter the circumstances that caused it.
If you get fined over 3 times you'll go to jail, mind you this is for just speaking out.
I hear about this from my family all the time and they now have become so excepting of it that they scold me when I say something about Muslims.
They have lost their freedoms in Europe to even free speech.

So yes I take issue to this subject as I have seen this before and there is no other real free country left to move to.
The US is the last place of real freedom and it is getting more restrictive every year.

John Rambo 12-02-2012 08:36

Step 1:
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you."

But no, really, good luck.

kirgi08 12-02-2012 08:42

I'm not that forgiving.'08.

dukeblue91 12-02-2012 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Rambo (Post 19691355)
Step 1:
"I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money... but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that will be the end of it - I will not look for you, I will not pursue you... but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you... and I will kill you."

But no, really, good luck.

I forgot, what movie was that from?
Been trying to think of it but it's not popping into my old brain.

Cali-Glock 12-02-2012 09:20

I am interested... but with some caveats: where, when and how much $$?

If my assumption that the course would be in Pennsylvania is accurate then I would not be interested.

If you plan on having some West Coast/California offerings, and the price and timing work out, then I am very interested.

My interest is mostly academic, but I did procure K&R coverage for my company earlier this year and I am responsible for risk/security/safety so I do have some legitimate professional interest as well, though our exposure is pretty darn low.

John Rambo 12-02-2012 09:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dukeblue91 (Post 19691438)
I forgot, what movie was that from?
Been trying to think of it but it's not popping into my old brain.

Taken

kirgi08 12-02-2012 10:40

Dang it.'08. :rant: :tongueout: