Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   MOST annoying common gun in movies inaccuracy? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1454976)

mr00jimbo 11-26-2012 22:50

MOST annoying common gun in movies inaccuracy?

For me, it has to be people who go around with a 1911 with the hammer uncocked. Are you kidding me?!
Doesn't a weapons tech guy say anything?
You?

17119jfkioe 11-26-2012 22:53

The best is when they have a Glock and they make the clicking sound as if they cocked a hammer:rofl:

Kozel 11-26-2012 22:53

Every time gun of any kind raised to firing position it has to make the “click” sound.

Zombie Steve 11-26-2012 23:02

Bunch of guys with guns doing whatever they do with guns... then someone suddenly moves out of the shadow - they all then rack the slide / pump the shotgun...

Why the hell wasn't your gun chambered before you went in to rob the bank / save the girl / catch the bad guys?

That, and when a Glock / 1911 / non-da gun goes dry, the slide is not locked back, and it "clicks" three times with three pulls of the trigger.

NEOH212 11-27-2012 00:42

I want that flush fitting 1,000 round mag for a Beretta 92. :whistling:

I think they have them for just about all other movie guns too. Wouldn't it be nice to have a endless supply of ammo in your gun when you go to the range?

MadMonkey 11-27-2012 01:01

I think they racked the slide on the same pistol 100 times on Lost without firing a shot...

janice6 11-27-2012 01:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadMonkey (Post 19673097)
I think they racked the slide on the same pistol 100 times on Lost without firing a shot...

This damn maneuver is performed on almost every show using a semi-auto. Yet, I never see a chambered round ejected after doing it the second time.

I know no one carrying without a chambered round, and no one throwing away and wasting rounds unnecessarily.

Writers must be ignorant about everything they write. Very few shows seem to use experts for accuracy. I know about literary license but this is literary ignorance.

NEOH212 11-27-2012 02:06

Quote:

By that time they would have lost all their ammo but again, that must be one of those 1,000 round flush fit mags...

:rofl::faint:

Lior 11-27-2012 03:15

1. Bad guys being propelled several times their own height or screaming off balconies and rooftops upon being hit by projectiles.
2. Inexhaustible magazine syndrome.
3. Superhuman accuracy during rapid, single handed shooting, mostly of pistols but sometimes also M60s.

Not a mistake, but:
4. Promo shots and footage of otherwise respectable actors holding guns with their fingers planted squarely on the triggers.

12131 11-27-2012 03:36

"That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me, you know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport metal detectors and probably costs more than what you make in a month.":rofl:

nursetim 11-27-2012 03:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by 17119jfkioe (Post 19672747)
The best is when they have a Glock and they make the clicking sound as if they cocked a hammer:rofl:

This one makes my teeth hurt every time I hear it.

12131 11-27-2012 03:48

Holding someone at gun point, a 1911, with finger on the trigger and hammer down. :shakehead:

Nakanokalronin 11-27-2012 03:52

Quote:

I was going to say this, but I found it amusing in The Walking Dead in the first episode where Rick tells the deputies to make sure his safety is off and there's a round in the chamber on his Glock. The guy then looks down, turns the Glock to the side, pulls back the slide to reveal an empty chamber and mag, closes the slide still empty then flicks up on the slide stop like he's hitting a safety and then you hear the click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRk24aIXdw

TSAX 11-27-2012 03:56

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by janice6 (Post 19673136)
This damn maneuver is performed on almost every show using a semi-auto. Yet, I never see a chambered round ejected after doing it the second time.

I know no one carrying without a chambered round, and no one throwing away and wasting rounds unnecessarily.

Writers must be ignorant about everything they write. Very few shows seem to use experts for accuracy. I know about literary license but this is literary ignorance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOH212 (Post 19673061)
I want that flush fitting 1,000 round mag for a Beretta 92. :whistling:

I think they have them for just about all other movie guns too. Wouldn't it be nice to have a endless supply of ammo in your gun when you go to the range?

:agree:, all of the above irritate me, mostly because it gives novice gun people or people who dont have much experience with guns a wrong impression

:50cal:

wayne in boca 11-27-2012 04:33

How about when revolvers make a ratchet sound with the cylinder open when the user spins the cylinder?What exactly is supposed to be making the sound?

jdw174 11-27-2012 06:03

Lessee......

Bullets that bounce off of vehicles/glass without leaving a mark and "spark" when they hit.

The weaponless hero takes a gun off of a bad guy and NEVER checks for extra ammo....but then why bother since we all know it won't run out anyways.

Bruce Willis in "Last Man Standing". Just how many rounds DID he have stuffed in those 7 rounders in his .45's?

Guns that never, ever recoil.

As a side note, ever notice that in the old gangster movies, the bad guys all carried 1911's. Move ahead a few years and they all carried Beretta 92's. Today?....Glocks.

Bren 11-27-2012 06:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr00jimbo (Post 19672732)
For me, it has to be people who go around with a 1911 with the hammer uncocked. Are you kidding me?!
Doesn't a weapons tech guy say anything?
You?

I noticed that in an expisode of Longmire I watched this week. Longmire's suppsoed to be a pretty sharp guy with a gun, but he's carrying his 1911 hammer down.

After that, it would be police carrying pistols without a round chambered (except in scenes when they need to draw and shoot fast, then they magically have one chambered).

Pistols that make safety/hamer/slide sounds even when there is no safety or no hamemr and no reason for anybody to be racking the slide - they just make a "gun sound" every time they are pointed.

eracer 11-27-2012 06:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nakanokalronin (Post 19673224)
I was going to say this, but I found it amusing in The Walking Dead in the first episode where Rick tells the deputies to make sure his safety is off and there's a round in the chamber on his Glock. The guy then looks down, turns the Glock to the side, pulls back the slide to reveal an empty chamber and mag, closes the slide still empty then flicks up on the slide stop like he's hitting a safety and then you hear the click.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyRk24aIXdw

Watching the trailer (in which they showed that scene) almost kept me from tuning into the series. Almost...

Since then, TWD seems intent on including at least one WTF? firearm moment in every episode - the most recent being a clearly bent rifle barrel. I swear they're doing it on purpose.

http://www.handgunnery.com/images/bent.jpg

4 glocks 11-27-2012 06:37

In some of the old western shows when they shoot, they would jab the gun forward like throwing a punch.

glock2740 11-27-2012 06:39

Quote:

You beat me to it. :rofl:And it makes that sound over and over every time they point it too. Must be that new Glock decocker I've been hearing about. :rofl: