Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   When Am I No Longer A Noob? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453797)

concretefuzzynuts 11-18-2012 17:51

When Am I No Longer A Noob?
 
I've been called a noob, nube and have taken my hazing.

I've been a member almost a year now and I was recently insulted by a month old GTer. I don't like randomly calling anyone names but so wanted to label this guy a noob.

When is someone not a noob? Nube?

I defer to the entrenched GTer's for the correct protocol.

janice6 11-18-2012 17:52

Everyone on here gets insulted.

countrygun 11-18-2012 17:53

IIRC it is spelled 'Newb" short for "newborn"


:tongueout:

Tx-SIG229 11-18-2012 17:55

what? you mean i was suppose to be kissing someone's ass on here just because my post count is low?

Lone_Wolfe 11-18-2012 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts (Post 19645651)
I've been called a noob, nube and have taken my hazing.

I've been a member almost a year now and I was recently insulted by a month old GTer. I don't like randomly calling anyone names but so wanted to label this guy a noob.

When is someone not a noob? Nube?

I defer to the entrenched GTer's for the correct protocol.

Good question, I don't like to call names like that, either. I figured I was a noob until I didn't feel like one around here. I don't know how to judge if someone else is still one.

Glock!9 11-18-2012 17:58

Anyone a member after 2001 is a noob :)

mrmedina 11-18-2012 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by janice6 (Post 19645653)
Everyone on here gets insulted.


:thumbsup:

ithaca_deerslayer 11-18-2012 17:59

I recognize your name. That means you are an old fart now.

Next step is I gotta put a personality with the name. Hasn't happened yet. Examples of that are Bren and fnfalman :)

jdavionic 11-18-2012 18:02

You? Never!


j/k - folks seem to readily confuse "newb" as having some sort of correlation to intelligence, experience, etc. Whether you have <10 posts or >10k posts, I find it irrelevant to whether or not a person's opinion is something that I find credible.

I wouldn't worry about it. Besides, you're just a newb...who cares what you think :supergrin:

Lone_Wolfe 11-18-2012 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx-SIG229 (Post 19645662)
what? you mean i was suppose to be kissing someone's ass on here just because my post count is low?

No, but you could give me a hug. :supergrin:

jdavionic 11-18-2012 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tx-SIG229 (Post 19645662)
what? you mean i was suppose to be kissing someone's ass on here just because my post count is low?

That would be Okie's...and you better pucker up and pack a lunch. It will take a while.


Sorry - Okie...j/k :supergrin:

NIB 11-18-2012 18:05

I had a good laugh sometime ago on GT. A member that joined in 2011 had 1000+ post count in only a few months had tried to talk down on someone for his low post count. That guy had something like 50 post counts but had been a member since 1999.

tsmo1066 11-18-2012 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts (Post 19645651)
I've been called a noob, nube and have taken my hazing.

I've been a member almost a year now and I was recently insulted by a month old GTer. I don't like randomly calling anyone names but so wanted to label this guy a noob.

When is someone not a noob? Nube?

I defer to the entrenched GTer's for the correct protocol.

You have to meet one of the following criteria to lose your "noob" status on GT:

1) Hit 20,000+ posts
2) Have over 5 years of posting under your belt
3) Post drunk at least once in a manner that results in something you said becoming a GT "Micro-meme"
4) Spill your guts over a personal relationship that has no business being on the internet and ask the GT brain-trust for their advise on the matter (you get extra credit for this if you whine in such a manner as to completely lay waste to any semblence of manhood you once had)
5) Go on at least three different incoherent rants that are so outlandish as to make even folks like PeaceWarrior scratch their heads
6) Carry out some form of dark ritual or quest that involves carrying concealed at WalMart or Taco Bell

There are more ways that I am sure some of the GT old-timers would be willing to share!

:wavey:

10mm Sonny 11-18-2012 18:07

If you have to ask... You're still a n00b.

Magnus2131 11-18-2012 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by concretefuzzynuts (Post 19645651)
I've been called a noob, nube and have taken my hazing.

I've been a member almost a year now and I was recently insulted by a month old GTer. I don't like randomly calling anyone names but so wanted to label this guy a noob.

When is someone not a noob? Nube?

I defer to the entrenched GTer's for the correct protocol.

Sir I'm not considered one of the GT experts, I can't answer your question.:whistling:

Berto 11-18-2012 18:09

No such thing as noobs, everyone is tip of the spear, baptised in fiya.
You know, internet.

Lone_Wolfe 11-18-2012 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsmo1066 (Post 19645703)
You have to meet one of the following criteria to lose your "noob" status on GT:

1) Hit 20,000+ posts
2) Have over 5 years of posting under your belt
3) Post drunk at least once in a manner that results in something you said becoming a GT "Micro-meme"
4) Spill your guts over a personal relationship that has no business being on the internet and ask the GT brain-trust for their advise on the matter (you get extra credit for this if you whine in such a manner as to completely lay waste to any semblence of manhood you once had)
5) Go on at least three different incoherent rants that are so outlandish as to make even folks like PeaceWarrior scratch their heads
6) Carry out some form of dark ritual or quest that involves carrying concealed at WalMart or Taco Bell

There are more ways that I am sure some of the GT old-timers would be willing to share!

:wavey:

Oh, damn! I'm still a noob! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

RicoGordo 11-18-2012 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock!9 (Post 19645668)
Anyone a member after 2001 is a noob :)

Shuddup, noob. :tongueout:

concretefuzzynuts 11-18-2012 18:15

Thread delivering.

The Pirate 11-18-2012 18:23

I've been a member here for six years, had read the forums for a while before signing up. I check GT out daily, but I don't post much. Generally if I can't post something constructive, I stay quiet. I doubt hardly anybody even recognizes me.
If post counts matter, I'm a newbie boobie too.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

czsmithGT 11-18-2012 18:25

Noob is really such a complex subject that it merits 39 pages in the Urban Dictionary.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=noob

happy seal 11-18-2012 18:31

Noob status is invalid after two years!:whistling:

fusegsp 11-18-2012 18:31

Fine line. One day you're a "newb" with under a thousand posts, and the next you have 20,000 posts and are "a loser who spends all day on Glocktalk." Can't win.

RJ1670 11-18-2012 18:31

If Mrs. VR hasn't given you at least two infractions you're a newb. Also, if you don't know how the term "mall ninja" came about you're a newb.

Tx-SIG229 11-18-2012 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe (Post 19645685)
No, but you could give me a hug. :supergrin:

come here! :ladiesman: :supergrin:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.