Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   HK45- brief range report (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453598)

Green Dragoon 11-17-2012 10:37

HK45- brief range report
 
Finally shot it today. (I just rejoined a gun club after a few years off).

Anyway...shoots like a dream. 200 rounds of junk reloads and no malfunctions. Felt quite a lot smoother and more accurate than the G21SF it replaced.

My only issue was "personal": Since I'm used to 1911 triggers and to some extent, Glock triggers, it took some getting used to "resetting" the HK trigger.

Still though, that will come with practice. I love this weapon and after today, I have a large degree of confidence in it.

Bruce M 11-17-2012 12:10

Good (but not surprising) to hear you are enjoying your H&K.

HK Dan 11-17-2012 13:49

Congratulations. You have one of the premier handguns inthe world today, And yes, the HK trigger does need to be shot in, but once it is, its great. And the reset is longer than most, but its a combat handgun! Its meant to be that way. Once youre used to it, it shoots plenty fast enough.

Beanie-Bean 11-17-2012 14:56

Excellent! I've also just shot mine for the first time last weekend, and have been trying to figure out how to get the front part of the trigger bar not to drag on the frame. I'm trying some grease there this time (TW-25) which I use mainly on rails. Hopefully, it'll work its way into that space.

I really like the HK45 (and the P30, too!) but am having to adjust to the location of the magazine catch/release. I find myself using my fingers instead of my thumb on both of these.

I used factory ball 230 gr. to break mine in, and will load up my own 230 gr. FMJ/Longshot for the next round on this.

Green Dragoon 11-17-2012 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beanie-Bean (Post 19641513)
Excellent! I've also just shot mine for the first time last weekend, and have been trying to figure out how to get the front part of the trigger bar not to drag on the frame. I'm trying some grease there this time (TW-25) which I use mainly on rails. Hopefully, it'll work its way into that space.

I really like the HK45 (and the P30, too!) but am having to adjust to the location of the magazine catch/release. I find myself using my fingers instead of my thumb on both of these.

I used factory ball 230 gr. to break mine in, and will load up my own 230 gr. FMJ/Longshot for the next round on this.

I'm glad you're liking yours. I remember we get them both at the same time. I'm looking at the P30 too.:supergrin:

DRJ1911 11-17-2012 16:34

Congrats, I really like my HK's.

Doyle

Green Dragoon 11-17-2012 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRJ1911 (Post 19641780)
Congrats, I really like my HK's.

Doyle

thank you sir.

JTSmith 11-17-2012 17:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by HK Dan (Post 19641403)
Congratulations. You have one of the premier handguns inthe world today, And yes, the HK trigger does need to be shot in, but once it is, its great. And the reset is longer than most, but its a combat handgun! Its meant to be that way. Once youre used to it, it shoots plenty fast enough.


How is the longer reset better for combat?

MakeMineA10mm 11-17-2012 18:07

JT, not sure it's "better" but military often requires minimum pull weights or tigger reset lengths. It's much more about the fact that militaries issue them to people who often have no where near the experience and training we handgun enthusiasts have.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

barth 11-17-2012 18:33

Congratulations on the new H&K.
Be advised these things are addictive.
I bought one and within a few months three more!

P20 40 LEM V1
P2000 357 LEM V1 (Twins)
HK45C 45 Light LEM V7


Enjoy.

JTSmith 11-17-2012 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm (Post 19642143)
JT, not sure it's "better" but military often requires minimum pull weights or tigger reset lengths. It's much more about the fact that militaries issue them to people who often have no where near the experience and training we handgun enthusiasts have.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Oh ok. I can totally see the military having a requirement for reset length.

A-Train 11-17-2012 19:16

Great pistol. Congrats

bac1023 11-17-2012 21:11

Very cool :cool:

Comedian 11-18-2012 07:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm (Post 19642143)
JT, not sure it's "better" but military often requires minimum pull weights or tigger reset lengths. It's much more about the fact that militaries issue them to people who often have no where near the experience and training we handgun enthusiasts have.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Right, except the only military personnel that get issued HK's are Navy Seals. Regular military branches get issued the Beretta M9. Im sure Seals wouldn't have a problem operating the short reset of a Glock.

glockin-45 11-18-2012 08:38

Congrats! On a fine weapon.:cool:

Raven1967 11-18-2012 09:14

Grats on the Hk45!

MakeMineA10mm 11-18-2012 14:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Comedian (Post 19643722)
Right, except the only military personnel that get issued HK's are Navy Seals. Regular military branches get issued the Beretta M9. Im sure Seals wouldn't have a problem operating the short reset of a Glock.

Right, except every company always hopes every new design is going to be so great it will be adopted service-wide. :whistling: At the time the HK45 was developed there was rumblings of the US military adopting a 45 service-wide.

Comedian 11-18-2012 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm (Post 19644742)
Right, except every company always hopes every new design is going to be so great it will be adopted service-wide. :whistling: At the time the HK45 was developed there was rumblings of the US military adopting a 45 service-wide.

Thats true. Forgot about that.

ca survivor 11-23-2012 08:57

Congrats, on a fine weapon, enjoy.

high ground 11-23-2012 19:08

The US military is not HKs only customer. Or primary.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.