Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How EXACTLY did Hamas SEE this going? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1453478)

tslex 11-16-2012 12:00

How EXACTLY did Hamas SEE this going?

Here's what I do not get: How EXACTLY did Hamas see this going? When the leadership sat around over glasses of tea and said, "Yeah, let's lob many hundreds of missiles randomly into Israeli residential neighborhoods because . . . " what was the next part of that sentence? Was it ". . . because the Israelis, ya know, might all just pack up and leave."? Was it ". . . because, you know those Israelis, they won't do jack to retaliate."? Was it ANY version of " . . . because ultimately raining down random missiles on Israel will get us a result we want and not, ya know, annihilated."?

Sure, predictably, Israel is being criticized by the usual suspects (Egypt, Russia, the BBC) for the nature of its response. But did the Hamas guys think "Yeah! That'll teach 'em. Those Israelis HATE to be the target of international criticism."?

.264 magnum 11-16-2012 12:16

Word.

I will say that some of the usual suspects have, for maybe the first time in recent memory, placed more blame on Hamas.

This kind of thing is literally irrational.

Psychman 11-16-2012 12:23

I think they want a more involved war where the rest of the Muslim world comes to their defense. It is the "we are the little guys being picked on by the big guys" syndrome.

TK-421 11-16-2012 12:24

This kind of scene always amuses me. "Lets rain down missiles on random houses over the border." "Wait! What?! What the hell do you mean they're retaliating? They have NO justification for retaliation, we haven't done anything wrong!"

LASTRESORT20 11-16-2012 12:33

"How EXACTLY did Hamas SEE this going"

`They are to stupid to know how anything will end up....they only have an end game.

Isreal is not worried about what ignorant muslim terroist think or feel `anymore`...Isreal wants to survive...They are "learning" that appeasement and Political correctness (talking) with roaches Never works.......They need to get serious and get it done....enough of the BS terrorists rockets being fired at them indiscriminately....Time to get to work and take care of the whole problem and finish the job.

airmotive 11-16-2012 12:39

Ever watch a World Cup soccer match between, say...Germany (powerhouse) and Moldova (notsomuch)?

http://winningateverything.com/files...A_flopping.jpg

kirgi08 11-16-2012 12:42

They figured the one would support them.'08.

Baba Louie 11-16-2012 12:55

What with the new Egyptian Prime Minister there visiting w/ Hamas leader whats his name for the day and all. They even went to a hospital and saw children who were cruelly maimed and/or killed by the Israeli counter offerings.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? (it's on cuz?) :dunno:

HerrGlock 11-16-2012 12:57

Now that the US won't back Israel, what do they have to lose?

Bren 11-16-2012 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by tslex (Post 19638181)
Here's what I do not get: How EXACTLY did Hamas see this going? When the leadership sat around over glasses of tea and said, "Yeah, let's lob many hundreds of missiles randomly into Israeli residential neighborhoods because . . . " what was the next part of that sentence? Was it ". . . because the Israelis, ya know, might all just pack up and leave."? Was it ". . . because, you know those Israelis, they won't do jack to retaliate."? Was it ANY version of " . . . because ultimately raining down random missiles on Israel will get us a result we want and not, ya know, annihilated."?

Sure, predictably, Israel is being criticized by the usual suspects (Egypt, Russia, the BBC) for the nature of its response. But did the Hamas guys think "Yeah! That'll teach 'em. Those Israelis HATE to be the target of international criticism."?

How they see it going is that they provoke a reaction from the Israelies that can be used to draw other muslim countires into war against them, make things hard on the US, etc.

Psychman 11-16-2012 13:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerrGlock (Post 19638379)

And to think that over 60 percent of US Jews voted for Obama again. Unbelievable.

aplcr0331 11-16-2012 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychman (Post 19638402)
And to think that over 60 percent of US Jews voted for Obama again. Unbelievable.

Anyone but the goyum in their eyes is a-ok.

czsmithGT 11-16-2012 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba Louie (Post 19638370)
What with the new Egyptian Prime Minister there visiting w/ Hamas leader whats his name for the day and all. They even went to a hospital and saw children who were cruelly maimed and/or killed by the Israeli counter offerings.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? (it's on cuz?) :dunno:

PHOTO: Hamas missile launch pad next to mosque, playground. Civilian factories, gas station also half a block from Fajr-5 firing site.

http://kleinonline.wnd.com/2012/11/1...m-fajr-5-site/

tslex 11-16-2012 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren (Post 19638386)
How they see it going is that they provoke a reaction from the Israelies that can be used to draw other muslim countires into war against them, make things hard on the US, etc.

Likely true, Bren. Perhaps the only explanation that makes "sense."

But you have to wonder if they have noticed that . . .

. . . the Egyptian military is unlikely to let itself be broken in a new war with Israel, even if the Muslim Brotherhood "leaders" in Egypt were to say they should. (Especially since lost of senior Egyptian Army officers have spent the past 25 years or so harrying, arresting, torturing and disappearing MB leaders.)

. . . the Syrians are busy with a civil war.

. . . the Jordanians have been a US ally and de facto GWOT partner for years. (And more to the point REALLY don't want a new wave of Palestinian refugees.)

. . . Iraq has no meaningful army, let alone any cohesive political will.

. . . the Gulf states all seem to be too busy making money and building indoor ski resorts.

I suppose the idea might be to draw Iran in, but Iran is ALREADY in. Many (most?) of the recent spate of missiles are being launched by Islamic Jihad, essentially a client/proxy of Iran. Perhaps the idea is to distract the Israelis so they forget to bomb the centrifuges? Seems like a poor plan.

ColdSteelNail 11-16-2012 13:35

If Hamas thinks that Egypt is now more inclined to go to war against Israel since the political changes they are just wrong. The leaders in Egypt don't want to get into a very bloody shooting war, especially during their first year. Just MHO.

ColdSteelNail 11-16-2012 13:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by HerrGlock (Post 19638379)

Why do you think the US won't back Israel? Obama has made it clear that the US will. Our policy toward Israel Hasn't changed.

kirgi08 11-16-2012 14:15

You believe him.'08. :faint:

janice6 11-16-2012 14:33

Children: "But, he hit me back first".

JW1178 11-16-2012 14:40

They think the rest of the arab world will jump in for them. They tried that once before, and that was 6 days of hell for them. So I figure they love the sympathy I guess.

cowboywannabe 11-16-2012 14:42

hamas raises their kids to die. the outcome of their attack was of no concern to them.

JMS 11-16-2012 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by aplcr0331 (Post 19638443)
Anyone but the goyum in their eyes is a-ok.

Goyim means Christian, what's your point?

phil evans 11-16-2012 14:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psychman (Post 19638248)
I think they want a more involved war where the rest of the Muslim world comes to their defense.

what is the end game ?
if Israel is overwhelmed from all sides, will Israel give up and leave their home land ? - diaspora again x again ?
hell no !
the folks from all sides of Israel should think about this.
Israel can turn those folks home land into glass.

Golda, the lady prime minister in '73 had IDF air force pilots sitting in their warmed up jets loaded with nukes just in case they were about to be overwhemled.

kirgi08 11-16-2012 14:56

:50cal:

Spiffums 11-16-2012 15:09

It will eventually happen. I personally think that the final war that wraps up Christian Biblical prophesy is Muslim vs Jewish/Christian. But before that happens the US will be disarmed so that time is not yet here.

Patchman 11-16-2012 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by tslex (Post 19638461)
Likely true, Bren. Perhaps the only explanation that makes "sense."

But you have to wonder if they have noticed that . . .

. . . the Egyptian military is unlikely to let itself be broken in a new war with Israel, even if the Muslim Brotherhood "leaders" in Egypt were to say they should. (Especially since lost of senior Egyptian Army officers have spent the past 25 years or so harrying, arresting, torturing and disappearing MB leaders.)

. . . the Syrians are busy with a civil war.

. . . the Jordanians have been a US ally and de facto GWOT partner for years. (And more to the point REALLY don't want a new wave of Palestinian refugees.)

. . . Iraq has no meaningful army, let alone any cohesive political will.

. . . the Gulf states all seem to be too busy making money and building indoor ski resorts.

I suppose the idea might be to draw Iran in, but Iran is ALREADY in. Many (most?) of the recent spate of missiles are being launched by Islamic Jihad, essentially a client/proxy of Iran. Perhaps the idea is to distract the Israelis so they forget to bomb the centrifuges? Seems like a poor plan.

I think these missiles are meant to take Iran and Syria off the world's headlines/attention for a while.

Let's see if Syria uses this opportunity to aggressively (and I mean aggressively) go after the rebels. And let's see if Iran uses this opportunity to do a slight-of-hand with their nuclear program. Maybe even crack down on some of their internal political foes/dissidents?

Or it's staged by the new Egyptian president (what's his name) to make himself appear as a peace maker. (In exchange, Hamas gets some sweet $$$ package).