Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Is being accused of racism the new insult or threat? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1452939)

Batesmotel 11-13-2012 09:04

Is being accused of racism the new insult or threat?
 
In the past week I have been called a racist three times.

Once because I hired a couple of Mexican nationals to do some work. One was a laborer from a temp agency and the other was a rather skilled finish carpenter who is self employed. The carpenter came well recommended and the temp agency just sent someone. Nationality had nothing to do with it. But because I had a Mexican doing manual work I am a racist?

Second time was because I declined to have a drink of Mescal at dinner during a social function. He said I must hate Mexicans. Problem is I don't drink at all. If I refused a shot of Ouzo would that mean I hate Greeks?

And today a dirt bag immigration lawyer called me one because I didn't find his client a condo. The guy is a Chinese national who may not be in the US legally. I think his visa expired.

He refused to sigh an agency agreement so he is not legally my client. He wants to pay cash but refuses to get a Proof of Funds letter from his bank. And he refuses to sign a FIRPTA disclosure that is required by all foreign nationals buying or selling property.

Anyone else seeing flippant accusations of racism recently?

AlexHassin 11-13-2012 09:18

yes i was told i was racist because i thought the federal government should be shrunk.

RedTop 11-13-2012 09:24

The term 'racist' is the political trump card of the left, and it's so over-used it has become meaningless.

If someone calls me a racist I wear it with a badge of honor. It usually means you're winning the argument.

Deployment Solu 11-13-2012 09:26

A "Racist" is someone who is winning an argument with a LIBERAL!!!!

aplcr0331 11-13-2012 09:28

http://gtm-media.discoveryeducation....9297fb4219.jpg

Smokin45 11-13-2012 09:30

Yep sounds about right.. Ive been called a racist on occasion because well, I am. But I hate everyone equally, even whites.. Scum come in every color

frizz 11-13-2012 09:46

I'd say that it has been used as an insult, a threat, and a weapon for years.

I few years ago, my wife and I went to a Waffle House, and it was VERY busy. There was a black couple ahead of us. When the counter cleared, we were all seated. The waitress mistakenly thought we were next, and started taking our order first.

The black woman immediately took umbrage, and angrily said, "You need to be written up!" They didn't exactly say racism, but the language they used made that accusation clear. Instead of telling her that they were next, it was massive butthurt and accusations.

We before then, we had seen her working several times, and I never saw her treat black customers differently. I specifically remember waiting to place our order and waiting while she refilled the drinks for black customers at another table. I remember it because I was starving, and the delay frustrated me.

tantrix 11-13-2012 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batesmotel (Post 19626521)
Anyone else seeing flippant accusations of racism recently?

Only on the internet. I'm in the Deep South (where everybody thinks we still keep a hidden stash of black people to tend our crops) and most of all the racism I hear about is actually in Northern states.

captcurly 11-13-2012 09:54

I would rather be called racist than be called a liberal Demorat. Name calling has never been a big deal for me. I know who and what I am and that is all that counts.

Atlas 11-13-2012 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smokin45 (Post 19626609)
Yep sounds about right.. Ive been called a racist on occasion because well, I am. But I hate everyone equally, even whites.. Scum come in every color

So it's the human race you hate then..
Sometimes I can easily relate to this.

frizz 11-13-2012 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedTop (Post 19626588)
The term 'racist' is the political trump card of the left, and it's so over-used it has become meaningless.

It is also the tool that is all too often used to escape the legitimate consequences for one's actions.

And that is a shame because real cases of racism seem suspect.

I had a friend/classmate back in high school who hated a particular blowhard legislator who was always screeching about discrimination and racism. My friend said something like, "I can't stand that man because he makes us black people look bad." He even called an area black college a diploma mill, which is correct; the standards are pathetic and the graduates often cannot write above the 4th grade level.


That brings up yet another BS playing of the race card. A woman I know used to be a Spanish professor there. There were a dozen or so students in her class, and all were black.

She caught the WHOLE class cheating on a quiz. The answers were all the same, even the wrong answers. Someone obviously got a copy beforehand.

After she graded the quiz, she gave them all zeros, and told them not to cheat again, or she would report them for academic dishonesty. They all got walked out, and went to the department dean to complain. She told the professor to change the grades because it was a racist action on her part.

When she protested that there were no white students in the class so she couldn't have discriminated, the dean replied "Well you are white, and that is proof enough."

frizz 11-13-2012 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by tantrix (Post 19626666)
Only on the internet. I'm in the Deep South (where everybody thinks we still keep a hidden stash of black people to tend our crops) and most of all the racism I hear about is actually in Northern states.

This.

Deep Shouth here, too. :wavey: I had a martial-arts instructor who was black, and he said that the clear discrimination he'd experienced or observed was in the Northeast and Midwest.

According to him, there was far less of it here. I have heard similar statements from other blacks.

DanaT 11-13-2012 10:17

Well, i have been told my Swastika is showing...

SO I WIN!!!

SC Tiger 11-13-2012 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batesmotel (Post 19626521)
In the past week I have been called a racist three times.

Once because I hired a couple of Mexican nationals to do some work. One was a laborer from a temp agency and the other was a rather skilled finish carpenter who is self employed. The carpenter came well recommended and the temp agency just sent someone. Nationality had nothing to do with it. But because I had a Mexican doing manual work I am a racist?

Second time was because I declined to have a drink of Mescal at dinner during a social function. He said I must hate Mexicans. Problem is I don't drink at all. If I refused a shot of Ouzo would that mean I hate Greeks?

And today a dirt bag immigration lawyer called me one because I didn't find his client a condo. The guy is a Chinese national who may not be in the US legally. I think his visa expired.

He refused to sigh an agency agreement so he is not legally my client. He wants to pay cash but refuses to get a Proof of Funds letter from his bank. And he refuses to sign a FIRPTA disclosure that is required by all foreign nationals buying or selling property.

Anyone else seeing flippant accusations of racism recently?

Obviously I'm a racist since I didn't vote for Obama. :whistling:

arclight610 11-13-2012 10:44

I'm a "minority," so it's harder to use the racist card on me.

Smokin45 11-13-2012 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atlas (Post 19626704)
So it's the human race you hate then..
Sometimes I can easily relate to this.

Yessir pretty much. I guess its safe to say that I have lost faith in my fellow man. Im not perfect by any means, but when I look around today I get really disgusted and a sick feeling comes into my gut.

I will only look out for family and a handful of close friends.. Other than that, piss on em

ilgunguygt 11-13-2012 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by arclight610 (Post 19626837)
I'm a "minority," so it's harder to use the racist card on me.

Not really. The because you are a minority doesnt mean that you cant hate someone based on thier race(not saying you do).

I once had a black guy tell me that he couldnt be racist, HE WAS BLACK!:faint:

JLB768 11-13-2012 11:30

While not named, a comment on FB by one of my friends, was surely directed at me the night of the election. "Level heads prevailed over racism" was the comment. I told that person after..."I don't care if my vote went to someone who was black, white, blue, or green, as long as he or she shared my views. If Obama had been a republican, and Romney a democrat, I would have voted for Obama, but that wasn't the case, so I voted Romney."

method 11-13-2012 11:34

How is an accusation of anything a threat?

arclight610 11-13-2012 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilgunguygt (Post 19626973)
Not really. The because you are a minority doesnt mean that you cant hate someone based on thier race(not saying you do).

I once had a black guy tell me that he couldnt be racist, HE WAS BLACK!:faint:

I'm not saying I can't be racist. It's just... different. Many of the same "arguments" don't hold as much weight when used against me. I've received my share of racial slurs and discrimination in life. Likewise there were many Asian practically-slaves that helped build the transcontinental railroad. You don't see me wearing pants below my ass and robbing 7-Elevens as a result.

I can speak freely about racial issues without having to worry about that white-guilt crap or whatever. Other races can't say that I'm trying to oppress them, or that I don't know what it's like being a "minority." Seriously, I've probably said some stuff during debates in a "Cultural Anthropology" class that I took last semester that would have gotten a white student crucified.

schild 11-13-2012 12:00

My neighbor called the police on me Sunday for yelling racial slurs at him. Filipino's must have a different definition of racial slurs than me, all I did was call him a F'ing pig.:rofl:

Same pig has stood in his front yard on a Sunday morning and yelled 'RACIST" at me.

Berto 11-13-2012 12:02

People who throw that term around are usually the worst racist.

JBUS 11-13-2012 12:10

I get called one at least once a week.

I've found people will drop it because they don't get what they want, they want to "scare" you into giving in or they think it's justification for them going to jail/being stopped/cops coming to their apartment/house/duplex.

I've stoppe cars not even knowing what race the occupant(s) are.

Immediatly upon contact its "you stopped me because I'm (insert race)"

I tend to laugh at people when I hear it.

syntaxerrorsix 11-13-2012 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by arclight610 (Post 19627074)
I'm not saying I can't be racist. It's just... different. Many of the same "arguments" don't hold as much weight when used against me. I've received my share of racial slurs and discrimination in life. Likewise there were many Asian practically-slaves that helped build the transcontinental railroad. You don't see me wearing pants below my ass and robbing 7-Elevens as a result.

I can speak freely about racial issues without having to worry about that white-guilt crap or whatever. Other races can't say that I'm trying to oppress them, or that I don't know what it's like being a "minority." Seriously, I've probably said some stuff during debates in a "Cultural Anthropology" class that I took last semester that would have gotten a white student crucified.

Clearly racist :supergrin:

tantrix 11-13-2012 12:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by arclight610 (Post 19627074)
I can speak freely about racial issues without having to worry about that white-guilt crap or whatever.

I do too...but not because I'm a minority, I just don't have any "white guilt".


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.