Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sights, Optics and Lasers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Laserlyte rear laser sight? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1452674)

rtba26 11-11-2012 20:04

Laserlyte rear laser sight?
 
What is your opinion on this sight?


Laserlyte RTB-GL Rear Sight Laser - http://www.laserlyte.com/products/rtb-gl




Thanks!

AK47Man 11-12-2012 06:38

I have seen these at the range I go to...The laser itself is okay..Not very bright past 7-10 yards...It would be better if they would of made it with Night Sights too...

rtba26 11-15-2012 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47Man (Post 19622170)
I have seen these at the range I go to...The laser itself is okay..Not very bright past 7-10 yards...It would be better if they would of made it with Night Sights too...

Thanks for your input.

rtba26 11-15-2012 18:58

Any other opinions? Want to know before putting it on my Christmas list. :tree::thumbsup:

coqui33 11-15-2012 19:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtba26 (Post 19635894)
Any other opinions? Want to know before putting it on my Christmas list. :tree::thumbsup:

Switch never worked right. Switched itself on at odd times. Would not switch on when I wanted it to. Phoned Laserlyte. Great customer service. They sent me a new one for free, no questions asked. The new one did exactly the same thing. Finally gave up and took it off (G30).

rtba26 11-15-2012 19:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by coqui33 (Post 19635962)
Switch never worked right. Switched itself on at odd times. Would not switch on when I wanted it to. Phoned Laserlyte. Great customer service. They sent me a new one for free, no questions asked. The new one did exactly the same thing. Finally gave up and took it off (G30).

Well that sucks.... Are you laserless or did you go with another brand/kind?

Havasu 11-15-2012 20:12

I have had one my 19 for several years. It has worked flawlessly. It is, as someone pointed out, not very bright, so it's not for outdoor shooting in the daytime. For a home protection gun, it is great. It's also easy to zero. Replace your rear sight, go to the range and sight it in, then all you have to do is dial in the laser to match your POA. When I first installed mine, I had concerns about the durability since it must take in the slamming of the slide, but it never gave me any problems there either.

rtba26 11-15-2012 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Havasu (Post 19636128)
I have had one my 19 for several years. It has worked flawlessly. It is, as someone pointed out, not very bright, so it's not for outdoor shooting in the daytime. For a home protection gun, it is great. It's also easy to zero. Replace your rear sight, go to the range and sight it in, then all you have to do is dial in the laser to match your POA. When I first installed mine, I had concerns about the durability since it must take in the slamming of the slide, but it never gave me any problems there either.

Thanks :thumbsup: Will use laser for this purpose - home protection & CC/SD.

coqui33 11-17-2012 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtba26 (Post 19636077)
Well that sucks.... Are you laserless or did you go with another brand/kind?

I am laserless.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:53.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.