Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Buyer beware! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447902)

Vultite 10-15-2012 13:42

Buyer beware!

delete

Geeorge 10-15-2012 13:57

You said the F-word 67 times in that video

Glock30Eric 10-15-2012 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geeorge (Post 19520937)
You said the F-word 67 times in that video

Wow, you were willing to count how many times he said F... word.

Knighj1 10-15-2012 14:02

I saw someone in the background on the couch, just wondering why they did not hold the camera?

Geeorge 10-15-2012 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glock30Eric (Post 19520946)
Wow, you were willing to count how many times he said F... word.

THat was an estimate:tongueout:

Gallium 10-15-2012 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knighj1 (Post 19520948)
I saw someone in the background on the couch, just wondering why they did not hold the camera?

at 2:59. She is completely indifferent, but we should get frothy over this?

WTF is that brand anyways? Bravia, or go home!

DanaT 10-15-2012 14:11

Have you ever thought about buying a Bravia?

Resqu2 10-15-2012 14:19

So are they giving you a third tv?

1-2man 10-15-2012 14:19

I think you broke it when the "camera fell over." :whistling:

DanaT 10-15-2012 14:21

I have a feeling this thread will go differently than the OP expected and he will not get a sympathetic crowd....I could be wrong though....there is a first for everything.

Vultite 10-15-2012 14:22

lol, that was my wife in the background...she was on the couch doing paperwork for her job, if she got up to help with this...there would probably be more cussing than anyting else lol. I don't know where I actually stand right now, UPS is going to come over and investigate the box itself...I'm frustrated because I'm actually being shipped damaged goods, the boxes aren't beat up. Yeah, you get what you pay for...but come on, this is terrible. I guess I can't show you the constant phone calls to deal with this crap and being told I have to pay for shipping ect ect.

Knighj1 10-15-2012 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1-2man (Post 19520985)
I think you broke it when the "camera fell over." :whistling:

:whistling: :rofl:

Knighj1 10-15-2012 14:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vultite (Post 19520998)
lol, that was my wife in the background...she was on the couch doing paperwork for her job, if she got up to help with this...there would probably be more cussing than anyting else lol. I don't know where I actually stand right now, UPS is going to come over and investigate the box itself...I'm frustrated because I'm actually being shipped damaged goods, the boxes aren't beat up. Yeah, you get what you pay for...but come on, this is terrible. I guess I can't show you the constant phone calls to deal with this crap and being told I have to pay for shipping ect ect.

good point

BEER 10-15-2012 14:36

i feel like i just watched the blair witch project again, but this time with more plot and less talent.

Vultite 10-15-2012 14:36

Oh yeah, and this will be the LAST time I go "off-brand".

Vultite 10-15-2012 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEER (Post 19521029)
i feel like i just watched the blair witch project again, but this time with more plot and less talent.

lol, Thanks I think? I'm def. not an entertainer...

costanza187 10-15-2012 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaT (Post 19520969)
Have you ever thought about buying a Bravia?

Live and learn!

el_jewapo 10-15-2012 14:47

Early in the video, you said maybe they don't like you, being the reason they sent you a broken T.V. I wonder why they wouldn't like you? Did you have that same tone to your voice the first time you called them? People don't seem to understand the fact that the people you're talking to really have no stake in the company. They're getting paid by the hour and couldn't care less if you're frustrated with the company. What they do care about is your tone with them. If you called up huffing with that tone in the video the first time, it wouldn't shock me at all if whoever you talked to walked back to the warehouse area and told them to send you that busted one.

I worked in tech support, which I imagine is about the same thing. When someone called me up huffing right off the bat and being an ******* to me like I broke their stuff, I didn't take it very well. I would do the bare minimum of service for them, just enough to cover my bases of what I had to do and nothing else. Hell, some days if I wasn't in the mood for it, something would accidentally push the hang up button, really fun when there was an hour or so que. Now when someone was nice and polite to me, I would go out of my way to do whatever I could to help them.

That's something people should remember when calling most any place like that, you're not talking to the CEO of the company. You're talking to someone who is getting paid whether you're happy with the company or not. Be nice to those people, it pays off.

ETA: I'm not saying you should just bend over and take anything they want to give you, I'm just saying to try to at least start the conversation out in a polite manner, you're not talking to the person directly responsible for your broken stuff.

Vultite 10-15-2012 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by el_jewapo (Post 19521070)
Early in the video, you said maybe they don't like you, being the reason they sent you a broken T.V. I wonder why they wouldn't like you? Did you have that same tone to your voice the first time you called them? People don't seem to understand the fact that the people you're talking to really have no stake in the company. They're getting paid by the hour and couldn't care less if you're frustrated with the company. What they do care about is your tone with them. If you called up huffing with that tone in the video the first time, it wouldn't shock me at all if whoever you talked to walked back to the warehouse area and told them to send you that busted one.

I worked in tech support, which I imagine is about the same thing. When someone called me up huffing right off the bat and being an ******* to me like I broke their stuff, I didn't take it very well. I would do the bare minimum of service for them, just enough to cover my bases of what I had to do and nothing else. Hell, some days if I wasn't in the mood for it, something would accidentally push the hang up button, really fun when there was an hour or so que. Now when someone was nice and polite to me, I would go out of my way to do whatever I could to help them.

That's something people should remember when calling most any place like that, you're not talking to the CEO of the company. You're talking to someone who is getting paid whether you're happy with the company or not. Be nice to those people, it pays off.

The first...hmm...20+ times I was very nice to everyone I dealt with. Then the phone call I made after that video was not very nice. I directed my attention to the supervisor who's "I don't give a **** attitude" throughout the whole process is what brought me to this point. Only after she learned that I made a video she referred me to her boss...I know what it's like to work in customer service, and make hourly wages. This was the tipping point for me

el_jewapo 10-15-2012 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vultite (Post 19521083)
The first...hmm...20+ times I was very nice to everyone I dealt with. Then the phone call I made after that video was not very nice. I directed my attention to the supervisor who's "I don't give a **** attitude" throughout the whole process is what brought me to this point. Only after she learned that I made a video she referred me to her boss...I know what it's like to work in customer service, and make hourly wages. This was the tipping point for me

Quite understandable. Just giving a little insider advice. Sometimes folks just piss you off.

Bushflyr 10-15-2012 14:56

LOL. You buy a cheap ***** brand with horrible reviews all over the web and you're surprised when it breaks? Then you're nasty to some minimum wage flunky in India and you're surprised when you don't get good service?

If you're going to buy junk at least get it at Costco so it's easy to return when it breaks. Write off your $50 and chalk it up to a cheap lesson. :upeyes:

Bilbo Bagins 10-15-2012 15:07

With all due respect but let me guess where you bought that Element TV?

Was it at Walmart ?

Seriously the TV is a bargain basement TV even for Walmart standards. I actually own one that is in my finished basement where the kids keep their toys and hang out during parties. I bought it last year, a 40" flatscreen Element for $240. Still works fine, but for that price I'm not going to expect to as good as my Panasonic, or dare I say a Sony Bravia.

Vultite 10-15-2012 15:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilbo Bagins (Post 19521137)
With all due respect but let me guess where you bought that Element TV?

Was it at Walmart ?

Seriously the TV is a bargain basement TV even for Walmart standards. I actually own one that is in my finished basement where the kids keep their toys and hang out during parties. I bought it last year, a 40" flatscreen Element for $240. Still works fine, but for that price I'm not going to expect to as good as my Panasonic, or dare I say a Sony Bravia.

Yep, Walmart, and I don't expect anything other than for it to work while it's under warranty...it lasted 2 months of light use. Why is it so hard to expect a company to honor their word? I put this video up here as a warning to prevent people from being in my situation. BTW, this company doesn't use flunkies from India, they are based in the US and supposedly assemble the TV's now in Detroit...

IndyGunFreak 10-15-2012 15:51

Nevermind.

Good luck getting this resolved. Probably would have been wise to buy the replacement plan at wal mart on an el-cheapo like that.

IndyGunFreak 10-15-2012 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vultite (Post 19521149)
they are based in the US and supposedly assemble the TV's now in Detroit...

I think I'd prefer India.... those are probably laid off auto workers who are used to outrageous compensation despite poor quality of products and even worse work habits.