Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   FOP fundraiser to be held for cop in punch video (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447448)

Glock!9 10-12-2012 10:45

FOP fundraiser to be held for cop in punch video

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=8844746

nursetim 10-12-2012 11:10

YOYO Lt., you seem to have anger issues.

frizz 10-12-2012 14:18

The thread about this incident in GNG got the lock.

The facts I gleaned from the vid are:

She had been spraying silly string in the direction of a different group of officers, but I couldn't tell if she hit any of them. Even if she missed, isn't the attempt disorderly conduct?

Someone else threw the water that hit the LT -- in fact, some of it hit her.

Even though she isn't spotless, I fail to see why he decided a punch to her mouth was needed to take her into custody.

nursetim 10-12-2012 15:45

Mistaken heabeus grabus you van walk away from. Mistaken punch in the face, not so much. I do not see him as a victim in this. Unless of course he didn't punch miss thing, then yeah, he's being railroaded.

This is one of the reasons I didn't do well in law enforcement, I'm not my guys right or wrong kind of guy, especially if they are wrong.

scottydl 10-12-2012 23:08

I dare anyone to put themselves in that kind of high-tensioned dynamic situation (essentially a street riot with various threats of attack and unknown physical objects coming from all directions) and see if you act differently. Of course he could have handled it differently. But IMO his response wasn't too far over the line either.

JuneyBooney 10-13-2012 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by frizz (Post 19511776)
The thread about this incident in GNG got the lock.

The facts I gleaned from the vid are:

She had been spraying silly string in the direction of a different group of officers, but I couldn't tell if she hit any of them. Even if she missed, isn't the attempt disorderly conduct?

Someone else threw the water that hit the LT -- in fact, some of it hit her.

Even though she isn't spotless, I fail to see why he decided a punch to her mouth was needed to take her into custody.

He may have thought she spit on him and that would warrant a "beech slap". :whistling:

Clutch Cargo 10-13-2012 02:13

I've never had a woman try to use a deadly weapon on me, that's why I've never hot one. I see no reason to ever hit a woman unless she has me in mortal danger.

merlynusn 10-13-2012 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo (Post 19513402)
I've never had a woman try to use a deadly weapon on me, that's why I've never hot one. I see no reason to ever hit a woman unless she has me in mortal danger.

Many officers can attest to the fact that their worst fight was with a skinny 100# woman.

And your chivalry is great for you, but that is not what our job is. We don't know hit people randomly, it's in the course of affecting an arrest using the least amount of force that is reasonable in the circumstances.

txleapd 10-13-2012 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo (Post 19513402)

Huh?

If a woman (or ANYONE) has me in mortal danger, they're gonna be in mortal danger right back. Why would only only hit someone (or ANYONE) of they were trying to kill you? That makes no sense. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but with that attitude, I hope you're not a cop.

The worst fight I've ever been in was a 270 pound felon who didn't want to go back to jail. The next 10 worst ones were 100 pound women. Anyone who thinks a 100 pound woman can't hurt you with her hands/nails/teeth/feet, etc, has never been attacked by one. When it happens, that's not the time for chivalry, or good manners.

nursetim 10-13-2012 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuneyBooney (Post 19513392)
He may have thought she spit on him and that would warrant a "beech slap". :whistling:

No, in fact it doesn't. Nickel bracelets, yes. A punch in the face, no way. Been spit on way to many times, disgusting yes, punch worthy, nope. Kick me in the jumbly bit would get you a punch quick fast and in a hurry though.

frizz 10-13-2012 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlynusn (Post 19513804)
Many officers can attest to the fact that their worst fight was with a skinny 100# woman.

And your chivalry is great for you, but that is not what our job is. We don't know hit people randomly, it's in the course of affecting an arrest using the least amount of force that is reasonable in the circumstances.

If she had fought, all bets (chivalry) are off, and I'd be 100% behind him. But she didn't fight, and he didn't need to punch her in the mouth. That's why I don't support him.

That said, it looks like he is going to lose his pension, and that is excessive.

Morris 10-13-2012 17:05

Quote:

Some of the roughest rodeos were with smaller females. Watched one kick her dad in the junk while two of us were wrestling her into cuffs because of her drunken behavior.

Hack 10-13-2012 18:33

There are reasons I would rather work in a male prison, verses a female one. Those little miscreants in the female joint can become claws, teeth, and feet in a heartbeat.:wow: Not to mention, there is the fact that females who live together have a tendency to develop having their monthly together.:ack:

JuneyBooney 10-13-2012 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morris (Post 19515013)
Some of the roughest rodeos were with smaller females. Watched one kick her dad in the junk while two of us were wrestling her into cuffs because of her drunken behavior.

That hurts just thinking about it. :rofl::crying:I did hit a large woman years ago. She was up in my face when I was a bouncer working through college. She was huge and looked like Bertha buttt...bigger than me... Acted like a man and got tossed out like a man..:whistling:

Ohio Copper 10-13-2012 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by nursetim (Post 19514426)
No, in fact it doesn't. Nickel bracelets, yes. A punch in the face, no way. Been spit on way to many times, disgusting yes, punch worthy, nope. Kick me in the jumbly bit would get you a punch quick fast and in a hurry though.

I'd consider a punch or kick to my junk deadly force on their part. You kick me hard enough and (any man in here knows this) I'm out of the fight for at least a few seconds. What can they do to me in that time frame? Take my gun? Stab me? Not to mention the severe injury the strike itself will cause. I can articulate it.

And again, I'll vote for the 100# 17 year old who put up a hell of a fight and them broke the sliding door of my partition.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

JuneyBooney 10-13-2012 22:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio Copper (Post 19515950)
I'd consider a punch or kick to my junk deadly force on their part. You kick me hard enough and (any man in here knows this) I'm out of the fight for at least a few seconds. What can they do to me in that time frame? Take my gun? Stab me? Not to mention the severe injury the strike itself will cause. I can articulate it.

And again, I'll vote for the 100# 17 year old who put up a hell of a fight and them broke the sliding door of my partition.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

I fully agree. I have been hit so hard that they swell up and I have to be carried off so I know exactly what you mean. Man, that hurts just writing about it. :shocked:

Clutch Cargo 10-14-2012 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlynusn (Post 19513804)

You left out the part about the woman being on PCP. No doubt most officers are just trying to avoid hurting a violent female.

Clutch Cargo 10-14-2012 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by txleapd (Post 19514221)
Huh?

If a woman (or ANYONE) has me in mortal danger, they're gonna be in mortal danger right back. Why would only only hit someone (or ANYONE) of they were trying to kill you? That makes no sense. I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but with that attitude, I hope you're not a cop.

The worst fight I've ever been in was a 270 pound felon who didn't want to go back to jail. The next 10 worst ones were 100 pound women. Anyone who thinks a 100 pound woman can't hurt you with her hands/nails/teeth/feet, etc, has never been attacked by one. When it happens, that's not the time for chivalry, or good manners.

That only holds true for women. I come from a family where my mother was physically abused. At age 9, I made a vow to never hit a woman unless my life was in danger. I've got scars from a number of violent women whom I did my best to control without striking them. I took up Judo to increase my ability defend myself without resorting to striking someone.
I have no issue puting a man's lights out in ANY defensive situation.

steveksux 10-14-2012 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohio Copper (Post 19515950)

You can always write out the articulation to start off until you can catch your breath... :tongueout::rofl:

Randy

A6Gator 10-14-2012 08:51

Maybe he was trying to brush a fly off her shoulder...:supergrin: