Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Khaki carpenter pants (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447217)

NickC50310 10-10-2012 20:47

Khaki carpenter pants
 
So with my job as a network engineer i have a unique need for khaki carpenter pants. I could probably get a pass on the dress code but i do enjoy looking good when dealing with management and just being around the office. I carry two phones and a flashlight at all times. I also have keys and my personal effects etc. This load makes my regular khakis uncomfortable so if i can find some khaki carpenter pants and get the flashlight into a side pocket that will help. I prefer lite color (most clothiers call them stone) but i am also open to regular khaki color. So does anyone know of a company that makes khaki carpenter pants?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

wlkjr 10-10-2012 20:49

I have six pair of Wrangler denim carpenters and I think they make them in Khaki.

USMCsilver 10-10-2012 20:50

Carhart, 5.11, and my personal favorite -- Columbia.

Steel Head 10-10-2012 20:51

The work pants I wear are khaki in color.
Riggs,quite comfy and bomb proof.
I'm very impressed with them:wavey:

Tackle 10-10-2012 20:55

Fellow network engineer here. I do enjoy that we get to stretch the dress code a little bit. Would not be the best idea crawling around under desks and in dirty server rooms with dress pants on.

All you slack wearers :tongueout:

scwine 10-10-2012 21:00

Like said above Wrangler makes them. I have a pair as well as many of their denim versions.
All available from Walmart.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-M...-Pants/5184619
and more pockets on their cargo line...
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Wrangler-M...ndingMethod=rr

nothing fancy obviously, but they get the job done.

RayB 10-10-2012 21:12

If you want the good stuff, shop here:

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...pants.aspx?all

:thumbsup:

--Ray

NickC50310 10-10-2012 22:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tackle (Post 19505640)
Fellow network engineer here. I do enjoy that we get to stretch the dress code a little bit. Would not be the best idea crawling around under desks and in dirty server rooms with dress pants on.

All you slack wearers :tongueout:

I got grunts to do most of the dirty work but I do have to crawl around in the server farm for the more advanced stuff that I dont trust to grunts! :supergrin: Nothing a little washin by the fiance wont fix though! :whistling:

Anyway, thanks for the info guys! I like the riggs and wranglers but it doesnt look like the wranglers are available in carpenter from the site or store and I cant find the riggs stuff either. I think im going with the duluths! They got the extra ball room and LAWD knows I needs that! :rofl:

nursetim 10-11-2012 00:15

+1 on Duluth trading. Pay once, cry once. Sturdy as heck, almost as sturdy as Filson but at half the price.

BEER 10-11-2012 00:35

i keep seeing the term "carpenter" pants/shorts and yet in all my years working around carpenters i've never met a single one that would wear the things. every carpenter i've ever met has an actual tool belt for when they need to carry tools.

Atlas 10-11-2012 05:32

Carhardt...
I have several, the most comfortable pants I've owned.

NickC50310 10-11-2012 06:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by BEER (Post 19506069)
i keep seeing the term "carpenter" pants/shorts and yet in all my years working around carpenters i've never met a single one that would wear the things. every carpenter i've ever met has an actual tool belt for when they need to carry tools.

Well Im not going to wear a tool belt to carry my flashlight and cell phones! :rofl:

failsafe 10-11-2012 06:51

I think the term "carpenter pant's" means the trouser will have a hammer loop made of denim and a pocket for a wooden rule...
Back in the day, on a union job, a carpenter had to wear striped carpenter overalls..No "scab belts" allowed...:faint:

glockrod 10-11-2012 06:53

Come on
 
You know you want to wear a tool belt and call yourself Batman!!

ray9898 10-11-2012 08:29

I would go with 5.11. They are comfortable, durable and have a crazy amount of uses without having the BDU look.

ryanm 10-11-2012 08:44

5.11 TacLitePro pants. Ridiculously comfortable. Get in Khaki or coyote brown color.

KalashniKEV 10-11-2012 08:54

http://www.ems.com/product/index.jsp...07807.12194889

These are well made and I like them.

Al Czervik 10-11-2012 09:32

Kuhl.


http://www.rei.com/brand/Kuhl

BEER 10-11-2012 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC50310 (Post 19506322)
Well Im not going to wear a tool belt to carry my flashlight and cell phones! :rofl:

http://www.niteize.com/product/Hip-P...ty-Holster.asp

xromad 10-11-2012 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by NickC50310 (Post 19505863)
I got grunts to do most of the dirty work but I do have to crawl around in the server farm for the more advanced stuff that I dont trust to grunts! :supergrin: Nothing a little washin by the fiance wont fix though! :whistling:

Anyway, thanks for the info guys! I like the riggs and wranglers but it doesnt look like the wranglers are available in carpenter from the site or store and I cant find the riggs stuff either. I think im going with the duluths! They got the extra ball room and LAWD knows I needs that! :rofl:


Menard's carries Riggs if you have one.

syntaxerrorsix 10-11-2012 12:36

Wrangler

Riggs Work Wear Ranger Pants.

They come in Brown, Khaki, and Dark Green. All sport a nice leather protection tab for knife/whatever clips. Typically found under $35. I have not worn a pair out yet. I'm going on two seasons with 5 pair worn for roof inspections.

http://simage1.sportsmansguide.com/a...49853m2_ts.jpg

madmike3668 10-11-2012 13:10

Mountain Khakis Alpine Utility Pants. They are expensive but are bulletproof, look good, and they are incredibly comfortable.

Drilled 10-11-2012 13:19

I have a few pair of these:
http://www.woolrich.com/woolrich/browse/productDetail.jsp?icProduct=44919&icColor=KAK&icSale=true&cm_mmc=Mercent-_-csc-_-%2844919%29-_-Mercent&trackingCode=googlebase&mr:trackingCode=4E5E2D38-5AB8-E011-AC9E-001B2163195C&mr:referralID=NA&mr:adType=pla&mr:ad=8720637984&mr:keyword={keyword}&mr:match={matchtyp e}&mr:filter=19162816704&gclid=CNvXnOLW-bICFYs7MgodvQ0AwQ

SC Tiger 10-11-2012 13:48

I bought a couple of pair of cargo pants from Target that were pretty decent.

The best cargo pants I have found were from Carhart but I can't find them anywhere anymore. There used to be a store in Seneca that sold Carhart and Wolverine factory seconds. I loved that place.

Clutch Cargo 10-11-2012 16:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCsilver (Post 19505619)
Carhart, 5.11, and my personal favorite -- Columbia.

I believe Academy Sports carries Carhart and Columbia


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 18:35.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.