Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Any Round Rock TX cops here? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1447044)

Altaris 10-09-2012 21:44

Any Round Rock TX cops here?

I am a super curious person by nature, and I was wanting to see if there was an info on a possible incident in my area.

If there aren't locals on here, maybe this will be a general question to everyone. Am I able to call the non-emergency number to ask about just basic info about an event? Like was it real or a false alarm, and did they get who they were after?

Fallout 10-10-2012 01:41

I dont work for Round Rock. But I would recommend you contact the agency during business hours and submit an open records request regarding the incident. You will have more luck seeking what you are asking. Or ask to speak with the Public Information Officer. they may be able to provide what you are looking for.

I think you will be hard pressed to find anyone that is going to talk with you about a specific incident on a public forum or private for that matter. Most agencies have policies restricting the dissemination of information through unofficial channels.

merlynusn 10-10-2012 06:45

More than likely you'll be told to pound sand, though in a slightly more polite manner. If you weren't involved, they'll say something like "Just a routine call for service, nothing to worry about." They certainly won't say (or at least I don't see them saying) "Yeah, we had a break in and are looking for 3 suspects. This is what they are wearing....."

If it involved people (such as a domestic or a disturbance, etc), you definitely won't get any details because it's really none of your business. The people involved have a right to their privacy and not having everyone in the world being told about it on the phone if they call in and ask.

RyanNREMTP 10-10-2012 07:16

If it didn't make the news then it wasn't important.

Altaris 10-10-2012 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by RyanNREMTP (Post 19503089)
If it didn't make the news then it wasn't important.

That is what I figure, but I am just too nosy of a person hehe.

Some Round Rock swat guy in full gear and rifle came running through my backyard and knocked on my back patio door. He wanted to use my ladder so he could set up shop on my roof.
I said hold on and went to go put my dog in another room since she was so loud, and when I came back to the patio he was gone. About 1min later he ran back said nevermind on the ladder and took off again. :dunno:

That is the reason I was so curious.

Cav 10-10-2012 07:52

Sounds like a typical guy that does not want to play nice with Police because of personal issues. Happens a lot more often than some might think, and at times there is no real crime. We put snipers on roof tops for over watch/security. Just an added safety mesure when patrol can not deal with a call in 15-30 min. IMHO not a big deal and nothing news worthy, just another call to aide a citizen that tied up more resources and money.

Cochese 10-10-2012 13:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Altaris (Post 19503117)
That is what I figure, but I am just too nosy of a person hehe.

Some Round Rock swat guy in full gear and rifle came running through my backyard and knocked on my back patio door. He wanted to use my ladder so he could set up shop on my roof.
I said hold on and went to go put my dog in another room since she was so loud, and when I came back to the patio he was gone. About 1min later he ran back said nevermind on the ladder and took off again. :dunno:

That is the reason I was so curious.

Call RR PD.

Ask, can you tell me why a SWAT guy wanted on my roof at xx:xx hours? I live at 123 Main St.

Thanks.

Our dispatchers would give you enough to satisfy curiosity. Can't hurt to try.

(512) 218-5500

Dragoon44 10-10-2012 15:01

isn't Round rock the one that has the feud going with Garland?

Didn't there used to be two guys one from each dept. on here that fought constantly a few years back?

Sharkey 10-10-2012 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoon44 (Post 19504405)
isn't Round rock the one that has the feud going with Garland?

Didn't there used to be two guys one from each dept. on here that fought constantly a few years back?

Round Rock borders Austin and Garland borders Dallas.

Maybe Richardson and Garland?

Personally, they aren't gonna tell you anything useful if you call the station. The assigned beat officer or crime prevention guy over that area might but it will be a well sanitized version.

Dragoon44 10-10-2012 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkey (Post 19504436)
Round Rock borders Austin and Garland borders Dallas.

Maybe Richardson and Garland?

Personally, they aren't gonna tell you anything useful if you call the station. The assigned beat officer or crime prevention guy over that area might but it will be a well sanitized version.

I just remember for sure that one of them was a Garland officer and the other was a neighboring PD and they fought like cats and dogs.

indigent 10-10-2012 20:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by merlynusn (Post 19503021)
More than likely you'll be told to pound sand, though in a slightly more polite manner.

Knowing how that place operates just take out the polite part and that statement will be correct.

Mattz 10-10-2012 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoon44 (Post 19504532)
I just remember for sure that one of them was a Garland officer and the other was a neighboring PD and they fought like cats and dogs.

Possibly thinking of Rockwall.

indigent 10-10-2012 22:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattz (Post 19505583)
Possibly thinking of Rockwall.

Hell it could be either, or both......

Garland has this aura about it........

txleapd 10-11-2012 18:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by indigent (Post 19505519)
Knowing how that place operates just take out the polite part and that statement will be correct.

When in WilCo.... :whistling:

indigent 10-11-2012 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by txleapd (Post 19508542)
When in WilCo.... :whistling:

Who do you think learned them in the art of being that way.......

I'm happier to work at a kinder gentler place now......

Kahr_Glockman 10-13-2012 09:15

Wilco is the touchy feely type of LE. Mouth off and they will touchy feel you to the ground.

Hack 10-13-2012 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahr_Glockman (Post 19513956)
Wilco is the touchy feely type of LE. Mouth off and they will touchy feel you to the ground.

So, they haven't been touched by someone "official" saying, "No. You cannot do it that way."?

They're lucky.

indigent 10-14-2012 06:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hack (Post 19515615)
So, they haven't been touched by someone "official" saying, "No. You cannot do it that way."?

They're lucky.

To a point no....

I'm very familiar with how their corrections side works, LE is a different story, but for all intents and purposes they take no S^&( from anyone.

Back in the day the "let us help you see things our way" mentality was more liberally applied....