Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rimfire Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Just for information Ruger 10/22 TD (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446979)

countrygun 10-09-2012 16:25

Just for information Ruger 10/22 TD

I have had mine for 6 weeks now and have just an impression to share.

I have never been a 10/22 fan (yes I know everybody loves them) even though I have ended up with a blued ans a stainless versionn' (I have over 20 .22s, sort of a "thing' with me) I just never cared for the fit of the stock and always felt the accuracy was well behind some of my older "classics" and I did not feel like tricking one out to get there.

Well I saw the first TD to show up at my LGS and was in a "what the heck?" mood. After 6 meeks I an firmly convinced that it is actually much more accurate than either of my old models, the stock fits me better, I like the larger mag release, oh yah, there is the takedown feature and the neat bag the comes with it. To boot, mine loves the cheap CCI blazer ammo

I think there is a good chance it is going to become my "handy" .22 rifle around the place.

CanMan 10-09-2012 18:32

Glad your TD is working out for you. I've ended up 'tricking out' my 10/22s in the past.... maybe I'll pick up a TD and practice the don't fix it if it ain't broke mantra.

Providence 10-09-2012 19:09

The TD is on list "I want" list, and every time I read one of these positive reviews it "want" gets more important.

Nutt51 10-10-2012 08:55

I bought one of these after many years of being without a
10/22. The only gripe I had was that my rear sight was way out of alignment, but a few taps fixed that. Also, when I put the
stock and front barrel section together they were a little off, so
again a hex wrench and a few minutes tinkering and they were fine.
I am really surprised at how much plastic, polymer, and mim parts are on some of our guns today. I am older, so I guess I remember my younger days when guns were all metal and wood.
I am not putting down Rugers, I have owned several and they make a nice gun. The 10/22 is a classic line and I'm sure mine will serve me well and I will pass it down to my Grandson.
It's a good choice and I would buy one again.
Shoot well and often.

countrygun 10-10-2012 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutt51 (Post 19503304)
I bought one of these after many years of being without a
10/22. The only gripe I had was that my rear sight was way out of alignment, but a few taps fixed that. Also, when I put the
stock and front barrel section together they were a little off, so
again a hex wrench and a few minutes tinkering and they were fine.
I am really surprised at how much plastic, polymer, and mim parts are on some of our guns today. I am older, so I guess I remember my younger days when guns were all metal and wood.
I am not putting down Rugers, I have owned several and they make a nice gun. The 10/22 is a classic line and I'm sure mine will serve me well and I will pass it down to my Grandson.
It's a good choice and I would buy one again.
Shoot well and often.

The majority of my collection are over 30 years old many of them much older and I love the old quality. But given the results I have had make it one of the few "new" .22s that impress me.

Chronos 11-04-2012 16:13

Have to agree that a shockingly large fraction of new .22's on the market are disappointing. This one is really, really calling to me though. All stainless/poly (great for an extended period outdoors), and you can transport it without frightening/alerting people.

nursetim 11-04-2012 17:32

What are the prices y'all are seeing for these. At the last gun show in Las Vegas, it was $399.

DJ Niner 11-04-2012 21:20

Gunshops in my local area are getting $300-$330 for them, and the pace of sales has slowed enough that there is usually at least one on the rack at each store.

Chronos 11-05-2012 01:51

$350 at Cabellas, $310 at Sportsman's Warehouse.

rednoved 11-05-2012 10:42

They are pretty neat.

GlockPride 11-06-2012 09:38

I'm definitely considering picking up one or two of these for good measure.

mac66 11-06-2012 15:34

I already have 5 10/22s, don't need another. I shot a TD a couple weeks ago. It is a nice package and very tempting.

NailShooter 11-09-2012 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 19501454)
..... After 6 meeks I an firmly convinced that it is actually much more accurate than either of my old models.....

I bought one of the first wave to hit the dealer shelves. I would have to agree that mine appears to be more accurate than my circa 1980, 10-22. Not by much, but enough that I noted it myself. Maybe it was because the barrel hadn't had a chance to foul yet?

The machining on the barrel of my TD model appears to be first rate. The bore, rifling, crown, etc all appear to be done nicely and have excellent surface finish.

Nail