Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Food Stamp Program (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446952)

RDW 10-09-2012 13:34

Food Stamp Program
 
I wonder what % of the 47,000,000 People Really “Deserve” to be on Obama’s Food Stamp Program?!


At approximately 2:30 pm, September 6,
2012, I entered the Publix store on Main St. in Gainesville, FL to
pick up a few items. I gathered my items and went to the 14 and under
register to check-out. The person in front of me (a white female,
approximate age 35-43, fake nails, big braided hair do, clean clothes,
carrying a purse and a plastic drinking cup) put her purchase on the
check out surface ONE GRAPE.



Yes, that is correct ONE GRAPE. The
cashier asked if that was all, she replied yes. The cashier then
weighted the GRAPE and told the women the cost was $.02 (TWO CENTS),
the women then pulled out her Food Stamp EBT card and swiped it
through the credit card machine, requesting $24.00 in cash back. The
cashier asked if she wanted the GRAPE, the woman replied no and the
GRAPE was put in the garbage can. The register recorded the sale as
.02, cash back $24.00. The cashier then asked if two fives would be
okay because was out of tens, the woman agreed and took the $24.00
folded it up and put it in her pocket and left the store.



As the next person in line I asked the
cashier as a tax payer what in the hell just happened here she said
she was on the clock and could not comment. I then asked if I had
actually seen this person purchase and discard a GRAPE, then get cash
back on her Food Stamp EBT card. The cashier responded that it happens
all day every day in their store. She also said that if the person
buying the GRAPE has it ring up over .02 they get mad and make her
reweigh it.



My next comment was to ask the
cashier if she planned to vote in November and she said she could
hardly wait for 11/6/12 to get here as one tax payer to another. I
paid for my groceries, in cash, and left the store madder than 10 wet
hens.

glock_19guy1983 10-09-2012 13:42

What pisses me off is seeing people pay for premium meat with EBT, then get into a very nice car when they leave. Ill give two examples. One time in the local grocery store a black lady with her 3 kids put about 15lbs of ribeyes on the conveyor and at least 6 boxes of twinkies and assorted snacks. All of it was paid for with an EBT card. I noticed she got into a late model Lincoln MKZ. Another instance was a white lady bought 5 live lobsters from the tank and paid with an EBT. She left in a brand new Chevy Z71. Both times I commented to the cashier that "I wish I could eat that good on someone else's dime".

devildog2067 10-09-2012 13:50

Usually when people repost chain emails, they at least say so.

SGT HATRED 10-09-2012 13:54

Lol I never say so...

ilgunguygt 10-09-2012 13:55

Bullsnot. You cant get cash back for food stamp EBT. Absolutely, positively, cannot. Whoever wrote that is a liar and a fool or just a liar that is out to convince fools.

If the person recieved cash benefits that would be one thing. Cash benefits is NOT the same thing as food stamps. Two totally different critters altogether. Now, if it was a cash benefit type thing, then maybe she did it to avoid ATM fees? Who knows, but the story AS TOLD is not true.

cranejc 10-09-2012 13:56

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/24849763.jpg

Zonny 10-09-2012 13:59

Absolutely not true. In the days of paper script (food stamps) this used to happen because you had to give back change in currency. However, it was never more than 99 cents.


Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PBCounty 10-09-2012 14:02

I don't know about cards and what not....but we did have a local "feed the hungry" event a couple days ago where a bunch of vendors met in a parking lot and passed out all kinds of food to a long line of people. Local news broadcast it and I couldn't help but notice that the majority of the people in the line were significantly overweight. I also caught a few smartphones being played with.

berto62 10-09-2012 14:09

There is no Publix store on main street in Gainesville.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

DanaT 10-09-2012 14:11

What I hate is the those millionaires who dont have any taxable income because they hide it all off-shore, drive up in a Ferrari or a chauffeured Rolls, and then have the audacity to buy Dijon mustard with their EBT card.

mhambi 10-09-2012 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by berto62 (Post 19501076)
There is no Publix store on main street in Gainesville.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 2

Feds must have shut them down for food stamp fraud.

Powder 10-09-2012 14:19

I have a relative (by marriage) that is 21, has 3 kids from 2 different men out of wedlock, lives with her parents who make over $300k/year, and gets $800 a month in food stamps.........

HarlDane 10-09-2012 14:25

Sounds like she was trying to get around the ATM fees most banks charge for using EBT. At least she's being frugal with her taxpayer provided funds.

DanaT 10-09-2012 14:29

I am saving up my EBT cards so I can buy a Benz with them.

devildog2067 10-09-2012 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaT (Post 19501129)
I am saving up my EBT cards so I can buy a Benz with them.

If you buy a Hyundai instead you can get cash back.

DanaT 10-09-2012 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildog2067 (Post 19501142)
If you buy a Hyundai instead you can get cash back.

Enough for a ticket to Thailand?

DanaT 10-09-2012 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildog2067 (Post 19501142)
If you buy a Hyundai instead you can get cash back.

Since you are in England..just hop a short flight Stuttgart. Visit the home of your car (well...it could be finland...but..that digresses). Huge beer festival this weekend. I will be spending all my EBT funds at the beer tent. Since the govt is paying for beer with the EBT, I figure it can flow freely.

dredglock 10-09-2012 14:42

:rofl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaT (Post 19501079)
What I hate is the those millionaires who dont have any taxable income because they hide it all off-shore, drive up in a Ferrari or a chauffeured Rolls, and then have the audacity to buy Dijon mustard with their EBT card.


ray9898 10-09-2012 14:46

OMG....let me forward this chain email to everyone I know!!!!

DanaT 10-09-2012 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by dredglock (Post 19501159)
:rofl:

Hey, I am poor and must buy beer with mine. No dijon for me.

Detectorist 10-09-2012 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilgunguygt (Post 19501032)
Bullsnot. You cant get cash back for food stamp EBT. Absolutely, positively, cannot. Whoever wrote that is a liar and a fool or just a liar that is out to convince fools.

If the person recieved cash benefits that would be one thing. Cash benefits is NOT the same thing as food stamps. Two totally different critters altogether. Now, if it was a cash benefit type thing, then maybe she did it to avoid ATM fees? Who knows, but the story AS TOLD is not true.

Most, if not all States provide cash for needy families via an EBT card. And yes, it also serves as a 'Food Stamp' card.

ilgunguygt 10-09-2012 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 19501101)
I have a relative (by marriage) that is 21, has 3 kids from 2 different men out of wedlock, lives with her parents who make over $300k/year, and gets $800 a month in food stamps.........


If she is then she is committing fraud. The food stamp program is calculated based on all income in the home, not just the parents of children. If she is living with her parents then her parents income BY LAW has to be included in the calculations. If she is falsely claiming that she is living by herself to get the benefits, then someone should report her.

FYI, while it does vary state-by-state, the max four people(your cousin and three kids) could get is 668 in Illinois, not 800. You can easily look online and see what the max benefit is for her state.

RDW 10-09-2012 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildog2067 (Post 19501019)
Usually when people repost chain emails, they at least say so.

"SAY SO!" SO What? You don't think this is happening?!

IvanVic 10-09-2012 15:03

Because the issue has been haunted by absent-tooth demagogues that write chain letters, it's useless to try to make a valid point about the abuse of food stamps. When you do, everyone just associates you with these people.

IvanVic 10-09-2012 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilgunguygt (Post 19501202)
If she is then she is committing fraud. The food stamp program is calculated based on all income in the home, not just the parents of children. If she is living with her parents then her parents income BY LAW has to be included in the calculations. If she is falsely claiming that she is living by herself to get the benefits, then someone should report her.

FYI, while it does vary state-by-state, the max four people(your cousin and three kids) could get is 668 in Illinois, not 800. You can easily look online and see what the max benefit is for her state.

It seems like everybody who writes/reads/believes these chain emails at face value seems to have that same cousin, or friend of their brother's cousin, that drives a new 458 Italia and lives on food stamps. Oh, and it seems like just yesterday (it's always just yesterday) they saw that lady stocking up on lobster and steak at the grocery store.

In all the years I have been shopping for groceries, I have never once even paid attention to what method of payment the person in front of me is using - yet these people somehow always seem to be able to distinguish.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.