Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Paranormal Experiences (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446729)

JW1178 10-08-2012 00:46

Paranormal Experiences

I'm not really a believer in ghosts but I will have to say, going jogging on a civil war battlefield, weird **** happens.

I do believe that sometimes strong feelings and emotions from an event long ago can cause an energy signature that can be picked up, but actual spirits that interact with us, I don't really know.

Lone_Wolfe 10-08-2012 00:49

:popcorn:

HollowHead 10-08-2012 00:52

I got a very similar feeling walking Dog Green, Omaha Beach at low tide. HH

Hamilton Burger 10-08-2012 01:25

http://www.extremesenses.com/software/whatisit.htm

aplcr0331 10-08-2012 02:38

Energy Signature? What's that?

md2lgyk 10-08-2012 05:33

I don't believe or disbelieve in ghosts - anything in this world is possible. All I know is that I've never seen one.

That said, my daughter insists her house has a ghost. It's over 100 years old, and when she and her husband bought it, there were several tombstones lying around in the back yard. She did some research and found that one of them was engraved with the name of a child whose family was the house's original owner. Both she and her husband, as well as their kids, claim to occasionally see "Mary" moving around.

Even stranger, when they were touring the house with the Realtor years ago, their oldest child was about 5. She came down from the upstairs and told my daughter that ". . . the little girl upstairs told me that we should buy this house."

Dennis in MA 10-08-2012 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by aplcr0331 (Post 19496093)
Energy Signature? What's that?

Something from a movie. Lol

Ghosts talk to me through the static on my old TV. I can prove it. Watch Poltergeist and White Noise.

Dinky 10-08-2012 12:55

I have a female that will say hello to me when I am walking into my carport and sometimes out near the clothsline. No one is around when this happens and it happens at different times. I always answer back but she never responds, other than the hello...

Her voice is a soft wisper and right next to my ear...

Dinky 10-08-2012 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone_Wolfe (Post 19496030)
:popcorn:

:hugs: :hearts: :kiss:

MrsKitty 10-08-2012 21:52

My husband's best friend lives on an old farm that is haunted. They call her "she who roams these hills" or something like that. I have gotten to see her just once. I've decided if I ever see her again, I am going to ask her what she is watching for and if there is anything we can do to help her find peace...

bpe5008 10-08-2012 22:06

I don't know what I believe. I hope to have an "expierience" but haven't so far in my life. I have a friend who is a park ranger in gettysburg and gets to live in a house that sits on a spot where a first day battle was fought and he says ghosts are hogwash. He has never once seen anything he couldent explain and thinks the ghost tour people are robbing people of money. I've stayed there as well and didn't see a thing. It is kinda surreal sitting in a spot where thousands died, and drinking a beer with friends though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Kingarthurhk 10-08-2012 22:11

I know this theme becomes popular this time of year. But, there are no such things as ghosts. There are fallen angels that impersonate ghosts. I have had my fair share of encounters with them. But, they flee in the name of Jesus every time.

If you are interested in a brief study on the state of the dead, I recommend this link:

http://www.amazingfacts.org/free-stu...ad-really-dead?

Louisville Glocker 10-08-2012 22:17

I'm a scientist. Sorry, there is no such thing as ghosts. My 4 year old believes in them, but my 9 year old has figured out that it is make-believe.

Likewise, no such thing as angels, faeries (like the tooth fairy), santa claus, the easter bunny, the devil, etc.

All that stuff is cool, and some great story telling was involved, but really folks, it isn't true!!!

Louisville Glocker 10-08-2012 22:18

You've got to love the person who says there is no such thing as ghosts, but there are fallen angels who pretend to be ghosts.

Why believe in one fairy tale if you don't believe in the other?

Kingarthurhk 10-08-2012 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker (Post 19499265)
You've got to love the person who says there is no such thing as ghosts, but there are fallen angels who pretend to be ghosts.

Why believe in one fairy tale if you don't believe in the other?

First hand experience.

Rabbi 10-08-2012 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk (Post 19499271)
First hand experience.

...and what of the people who dont share your faith but make the same claim?

Just_plinking 10-08-2012 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk (Post 19499248)
I know this theme becomes popular this time of year. But, there are no such things as ghosts. There are fallen angels that impersonate ghosts. I have had my fair share of encounters with them. But, they flee in the name of Jesus every time.

If you are interested in a brief study on the state of the dead, I recommend this link:

http://www.amazingfacts.org/free-stu...ad-really-dead?

I hate to get religious, but I agree. I have no business with "ghosts". Don't go looking for them, and you won't find 'em. I don't go looking because as I said, I don't believe in them, but I do believe the great deceiver, and I don't wish to fool with the likes of him or his minions.

frank4570 10-08-2012 22:31

Ghosts is demons trying to get into your soul.

Just_plinking 10-08-2012 22:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Louisville Glocker (Post 19499263)
I'm a scientist. Sorry, there is no such thing as ghosts. My 4 year old believes in them, but my 9 year old has figured out that it is make-believe.

Likewise, no such thing as angels, faeries (like the tooth fairy), santa claus, the easter bunny, the devil, etc.

All that stuff is cool, and some great story telling was involved, but really folks, it isn't true!!!

Sorry, but invoking science doesn't substantiate you claim. History is chock full of scientists who believe in the supernatural, despite contemporary convention.

Science is the study of the natural world, nothing more or less.

engineer151515 10-08-2012 22:33

You guys can believe what you want.

I lived in a house for 16 years that was paranormal "hot". Everything from visuals to voices to shadows to moved objects. Young kids seem to pick up the most. These are children that know no history of the house which ask who is the stranger in the laundry room. Our children saw them. Sometimes they said something. When one particularly nasty spirit showed up, I learned fifteen years later in that my daughter saw it too and dared not mention it. Let's just say, it was something you just hoped would just pass and not focus it's attention on you. Over the years the place seems to act as some sort of travel point. The house is hot to this day.

Kingarthurhk 10-08-2012 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbi (Post 19499275)
...and what of the people who dont share your faith but make the same claim?

I am not sure what you are asking?

arclight610 10-08-2012 22:37

Me and the wife walk the local cemetery every night for about an hour. Haven't seen anything yet. I don't think I've ever seen a ghost. I have however had weird experiences from too much caffeine causing an overactive brain at night.

For those that live in "haunted" areas and claim to see stuff... why do you live there? Isn't it a bit discomforting living with a supernatural being that cannot be explained nor that you know the capabilities of?

Rabbi 10-08-2012 22:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingarthurhk (Post 19499310)
I am not sure what you are asking?

Every culture, around the world, even long before your faith existed, has stories of the supernatural.

So, why are your stories true? (and of course it is based on your very specific faith) Why are their stories not true?

Kingarthurhk 10-08-2012 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by engineer151515 (Post 19499300)
You guys can believe what you want.

I lived in a house for 16 years that was paranormal "hot". Everything from visuals to voices to shadows to moved objects. Young kids seem to pick up the most. These are children that know no history of the house which ask who is the stranger in the laundry room. Our children saw them. Sometimes they said something. When one particularly nasty spirit showed up, I learned fifteen years later in that my daughter saw it too and dared not mention it. Let's just say, it was something you just hoped would just pass and not focus it's attention on you. Over the years the place seems to act as some sort of travel point. The house is hot to this day.

I understand that. Apartments are the worst for that sort of thing. I remember when I was in Laredo, I had a small one bedroom apartment that was relatively new. Never had a problem there. Then, my fiancee was going to move down from NE, (we are married and have been so for about 13 years now), so we could get married. I knew I needed a bigger place.

I am pretty sensitive to this sort of thing, always have been. I guess that has been my gift, discerning spirits. When I toured the older apartment, nothing on the radar.

The day I moved in was completely different. A demonic entity wanting to take the form of a woman was at the top of the stairwell glaring at me.

I knew I would have to begin the process of taking over the place. This thing didn't want to go, so it was a process of prayer and persistance.

Eventually, I had cleansed the whole of the apartment, though I failed to enter one room. The room my fiancee was going to stay in until we were married and made it right.

I was in the Border Patrol working all kinds of shift work. My fiancee moved in and she took the spare room.

I got a call on the later part of a swing shift. She was begging me to come home. I told her, I was in the fiield, and that just wasn't an option.

She told me there was a creepy woman walking up and down the stairs calling her by name.

I had never told her about my experiences in the apartment. I had also never talked with her about the ability God had given me. It isn't widely discussed even in Christian cirlces, because it makes people uncomfortable. I was in the process of marrying this woman, I certainly didn't wan to drive her away.

But, there are times like this you have to have a frank conversation.

Kingarthurhk 10-08-2012 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbi (Post 19499330)
Every culture, around the world, even long before your faith existed, has stories of the supernatural.

So, why are your stories true? (and of course it is based on your very specific faith) Why are their stories not true?

My roots come from your roots. I am merely part of a grafted in vine. If any Christian says that their faith could have existed without Judaism, they are fooling themselves. Christianity was a reform movement of Judaism.

We share some of the same bible. We know that first lie comes from Genesis:

Genesis 3:4, ""You will not surely die," the serpent said to the woman.

Here we have Lucifer taking the form of a serpent.