Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   my once in a blue moon restaurant review; Not Your Average Joe's (Mass/VA/M (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446529)

Mrs. VR 10-06-2012 17:40

my once in a blue moon restaurant review; Not Your Average Joe's (Mass/VA/M
 
so, we went on our once a decade or so date night tonight, and tried out the new Not Your Average Joe's that just hit town.

For those not familiar it is a chain place from Massachusetts, and has recently expanded to MD and VA.

We enjoyed it very much! They start you off with fresh focacia and a dip made of red pepper flakes, olive oil, parmesean and LOTS OF FRESH GARLIC. I LOVE GARLIC! We will have NO VAMPIRES in the house tonight. :drool:

I had a seasonal special, it was a citrus grilled chicken with a pumpkin mole sauce, sauteed spinach and corn cakes. Holy. Mackerel. Was it ever good! :faint:

Jay had a chicken piccata with fettuccine which was also quite good.

They had Arnold Palmer's on the menu (free refills) so I didn't have to explain what I meant about half iced tea half lemonade.

It was a family type atmosphere, quite casual, would go back and take the kids. Prices were reasonable, portions were good (I have lunch for tomorrow), and I honestly couldn't find a darn thing to complain about food wise.

If you are a drinker (we are not), they had a pretty big brew menu/bar, but I can't really speak to that.

It's probably not a "real" date kind of place (like for someone who HASN'T been married close to 20 years), but if you have one near you, and you aren't a chain snob, I think you might like it!

oh, and you can sign up for coupons/bday specials, etc.


That is all! Slipping back into my food coma now....

longhair 10-06-2012 18:06

Thank you for a no-nonsense review. It is much appreciated.

G19Tony 10-06-2012 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. VR (Post 19491981)
LOTS OF FRESH GARLIC. I LOVE GARLIC! We will have NO VAMPIRES in the house tonight. :drool:

And probably no affection either. :tongueout: :rofl:

tous 10-06-2012 18:31

Did VR kiss you at the door and go home or did you invite him in for some hanky-panky?

G29Reload 10-06-2012 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. VR (Post 19491981)
so, we went on our once a decade or so date night tonight, and tried out the new Not Your Average Joe's that just hit town.

For those not familiar it is a chain place from Massachusetts, and has recently expanded to MD and VA.

We've had the one in Ashburn off of belmont ridge rd and 7 for a couple of years. Its a decent date bar if you want to meet someone for drinks. Menu didn't look too bad but always seem to do more drinking than eating when there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. VR (Post 19491981)
They had Arnold Palmer's on the menu (free refills) so I didn't have to explain what I meant about half iced tea half lemonade.

Wegmans had this on sale the other day, 2 1-gal jugs for 5 bucks. I grabbed 4 of em. HAve to remember to get the Zero and not the Lite, still too sweet. AZ Tea variety. TRying to drink stuff like this instead of soda so much.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. VR (Post 19491981)
It's probably not a "real" date kind of place (like for someone who HASN'T been married close to 20 years), .


OOoooohhhoohoho yes it is! I could tell some tales from the parking lot after but this forum is a family joint. :supergrin:

Nice bar scene.

Mrs. VR 10-06-2012 19:50

Lol. vR also indulged in the great garlic goodness so we can't smell each other. Might explain why the kids are keeping their distance though! :supergrin:

I'm going to recommend it for my next night out with the "moms".

G29Reload 10-07-2012 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. VR (Post 19492383)
I'm going to recommend it for my next night out with the "moms".

Get those MILF's and cougars parked at the bar, wouldya?


:rofl:

RenoF250 10-07-2012 10:55

That is funny about the Arnold Palmers, I get them 90% of the time and rarely have to explain. Customers sometimes look at me odd like I am ordering a mixed drink though.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:11.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.