Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Political Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Romney lies about pre-existing conditions in debate (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446489)

Flintlocker 10-06-2012 13:40

Romney lies about pre-existing conditions in debate

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2...sident-rom.php

Quote:

Pressed by TPM’s Evan McMorris-Santoro, Fehrnstrom said those who currently lack coverage because they have pre-existing conditions would need their states to implement their own laws — like Romney’s own Massachusetts health care law — that ban insurance company from discriminating against sick people.
This isn't the first time Romney's lied in front of a national audience and then had his advisers come out and correct him. Apparently he thinks undecided voters would be stupid enough to believe this BS... and he may be right. What a weasel.

rgregoryb 10-06-2012 13:43

chance of rain this evening

series1811 10-06-2012 13:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintlocker (Post 19491257)

This isn't the first time Romney's lied in front of a national audience and then had his advisers come out and correct him. Apparently he thinks undecided voters would be stupid enough to believe this BS... and he may be right. What a weasel.

Oh, no! Flintlicker posted a DU talking point that says Romney lied. That does it for me. I'm voting for Obama. Four years of him just isnt' enough. I need eight.

Flintlocker 10-06-2012 13:49

Ahh, what do you know, the cowards arrive to display their inability to address reality. Congrats boys.

Bren 10-06-2012 13:49

Hint: under "Romney’s plan to repeal Obamacare" health insurance laws on preexisting conditions would be just like they are now, which means if states want to ban preexisting condition exclusions, they would have to do so at the state level.

Do I say "so what" or point out that that is exactly what Romney supporters want/expect to happen?

Snowman92D 10-06-2012 13:51

Quote:

What a weasel.

Weasel presidents, I can handle. Marxist presidents, not so much. So...I guess "O" isn't the guy I should vote for.

JFrame 10-06-2012 13:52

So -- let me get this straight -- assuming that Romney lied in the debate, Obama was too stupid and uninformed to refute those lies? :dunno:

Do we want someone that ignorant and incapable of extemporaneous thought to be dealing with some of the world's shrewdest and most devious national leaders??? :headscratch:

Bren 10-06-2012 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintlocker (Post 19491283)
Ahh, what do you know, the cowards arrive to display their inability to address reality. Congrats boys.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I notice you were away for a few days after your man crahsed and burned in the debate.:rofl:

countrygun 10-06-2012 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by series1811 (Post 19491267)
Oh, no! Flintlicker posted a DU talking point that says Romney lied. That does it for me. I'm voting for Obama. Four years of him just isnt' enough. I need eight.

Oh no, Romney suggested something other than a Big Government solution to make everybody's lives just perfect. No I can't stand for that.

I want the Federal Government to step in and take over health care and run it as efficiently as they have Social Security, the war on drugs, and the war on terror. The only way we can count on that kind of effectiveness and efficiency is by trusting the Federal Government.

aircarver 10-06-2012 13:53

Flinty has the proverbial 'chance of a snowball in hell' of deflecting this crowd. .... :supergrin:

Flintlocker 10-06-2012 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren (Post 19491284)
Hint: under "Romney’s plan to repeal Obamacare" health insurance laws would be just liek they are now, which means if states want to ban preexisting condition exclusions, they would have to do so at the state level. Do I say "so what" or point out that that is exactly what Romney supporters want/expect to happen?

Romney said: "I do have a plan that deals with people with pre-existing conditions. That's part of my health care plan." He said that to appeal to undecideds, who are generally low information people, and they're gonna think, "great, Romney has pre-existing conditions covered." But it's a lie. His plan is to let the states decide. That's no plan, it's a cloud of BS that he hopes will fool people just long enough to get himself elected. It's just like his lie about lowering income taxes by 20% isn't going to crater the national debt. It's pure hokum.

countrygun 10-06-2012 13:57

I can't wait until all health care is run by the Feds on the TSA model.

aircarver 10-06-2012 13:58

The FUD is all yours, now ...... :supergrin:

Flintlocker 10-06-2012 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by aircarver (Post 19491293)
Flinty has the proverbial 'chance of a snowball in hell' of deflecting this crowd. .... :supergrin:

Yes, I do realize that getting you extremist ideologues to rationally confront even this obvious lie from Romney has a snowballs chance at success. Most of you are too far gone. But I do find it amusing.

Bren 10-06-2012 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintlocker (Post 19491303)
Romney said: "I do have a plan that deals with people with pre-existing conditions. That's part of my health care plan." He said that to appeal to undecideds, who are generally low information people, and they're gonna think, "great, Romney has pre-existing conditions covered." But it's a lie. His plan is to let the states decide. That's no plan, it's a cloud of BS that he hopes will fool people just long enough to get himself elected. It's just like his lie about lowering income taxes by 20% isn't going to crater the national debt. It's pure hokum.

So, in short: YOU say that Romney never said pre-existing conditions would be covered, but that he should have expected people to assume that.:rofl::rofl:

Good one. You guys really caught him.:rofl:

Another standard Flintlocker thread - ranting that a guy lied, just before admitting he didn't.

Flintlocker 10-06-2012 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bren (Post 19491334)
So, in short: YOU say that Romney never said pre-existing conditions would be covered, but that he should have expected people to assume that.:rofl::rofl:

Good one. You guys really caught him.:rofl:

Another standard Flintlocker thread - ranting that a guy lied, just before admitting he didn't.

It's a lie because its intent is to deceive.

Snowman92D 10-06-2012 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 19491292)
I want the Federal Government to step in and take over health care and run it as efficiently as they have Social Security, the war on drugs, and the war on terror. The only way we can count on that kind of effectiveness and efficiency is by trusting the Federal Government.

Yes...yes. :crying: And we need a President who will be more "flexible" after the election.

countrygun 10-06-2012 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flintlocker (Post 19491345)
It's a lie because its intent is to deceive.

Kind of like saying,

"If I don't get it fixed in three years then it's a one-term proposition"

???

:rofl:

DOC44 10-06-2012 14:24

Quote:

obama lies about any and everything that fits his needs.

Doc44

Flintlocker 10-06-2012 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by countrygun (Post 19491369)
Kind of like saying,

"If I don't get it fixed in three years then it's a one-term proposition"

???

:rofl:

No, not like that at all, but explaining the difference probably wouldn't help you.