Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Got My First "You're Old" Moment (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446066)

GLWyandotte 10-03-2012 17:59

Got My First "You're Old" Moment

We were at Oktoberfest last weekend having a ball. Beer was flowing, everybody happy; great food and music.
The band was rocking, and on their break I went up to chat gear with their guitarist, whose tone was excellent.
The band launched into a polka, and as I'm walking back to my table, a 30 year old hottie asks me if I like to dance. I'm thinking, yeah I still got it.
I confidently said "you betcha".
She says "great, my Mom's been wanting to dance all night"

Gulp

"I would be delighted to dance with your Mother".

And I did.

Jay9928 10-03-2012 18:03

Was she hot?

GLWyandotte 10-03-2012 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay9928 (Post 19482245)
Was she hot?

For 60, not bad!

God, I AM old.

Shinytop 10-03-2012 18:08

I checked my phone for text from my wife while checking out at the grocery store. The teenager at the register said that it was cool that someone my age texted. I was programming computers when her parents were teenagers.

The Dying Gaul 10-03-2012 18:18

Lady walks by me the other day at the Mercedes dealer and says, "I just love your hair." I'm thinking, cool, let the flirting begin, then she says "I just love grey hair on men, can't wait till my husband is old enough to get some grey."
Ouch.:faint:

Indianashooter 10-03-2012 18:24

Every damn weekday morning when that alarm goes off at 6:30 am :countingsheep::steamed:

HollowHead 10-03-2012 18:41

I play in a bar band on the weekends and during our break, I made my way to the bar through the dancefloor and heard a gumsnapper yelling into her cellphone over our break music, "...just some old guys playing **** I never heard of." :faint: HH

oldgraywolf 10-03-2012 18:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollowHead (Post 19482354)
I play in a bar band on the weekends and during our break, I made my way to the bar through the dancefloor and heard a gumsnapper yelling into her cellphone over our break music, "...just some old guys playing **** I never heard of." :faint: HH

Ouch.

larry_minn 10-03-2012 20:22

Went to Dr. with torn tendon. Ask him what I can do to prevent this from happeneing again. "act your age, don't lift heavy stuff as often. Just because are strong enough is not enough. Your mucles are strong then tendons...."

certifiedfunds 10-03-2012 20:41

Doc, what are you putting that glove on for?

ithaca_deerslayer 10-03-2012 20:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollowHead (Post 19482354)

What were you playing?

jp3975 10-03-2012 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dying Gaul (Post 19482282)
Lady walks by me the other day at the Mercedes dealer and says, "I just love your hair." I'm thinking, cool, let the flirting begin, then she says "I just love grey hair on men, can't wait till my husband is old enough to get some grey."
Ouch.:faint:

Should have told her that she could see you on the side and have the best of both worlds. If she looks intrigued, have fun, if not laugh it off like you where kidding.

HollowHead 10-03-2012 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by ithaca_deerslayer (Post 19483134)
What were you playing?

Bass. HH

Snaps 10-03-2012 21:16

Mine was actually a couple months ago. I'm at a concert with the Mrs and all the sudden somebody is jumping on me giving me a hug. I see blonde hair, I look and see tanned legs wrapped around me..... She jumps down and I realize it's my best friends niece. The actual only baby I have ever held in my life. We chat for a minute about how she just graduated HS and is starting college.....

SunsetMan 10-03-2012 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by larry_minn (Post 19482923)
Went to Dr. with torn tendon. Ask him what I can do to prevent this from happeneing again. "act your age, don't lift heavy stuff as often. Just because are strong enough is not enough. Your mucles are strong then tendons...."

I'm 50 and working on lifestyle changes and getting in shape. I'm taking it real easy.

I had my left shoulder MRI'd for moderately annoying chronic symptoms with a diagnosis of osteoarthritis and some tearing with nothing really to be done to repair. This sucks. I want repair, not pain meds that will let me injure it more. I had some hyaluronic acid injected, but it doesn't seem to have helped much. My new ortho doctor isn't keen on platelet rich plasma therapy. He seems like a good doctor and we will be working on options.

I have a great family doctor now. Did all kinds of blood tests. My testosterone was low. I'm one month now on Androjel and it has done wonders for my mood and energy. My old doctor knew my T was low and did nothing. Don't settle on mediocre, do nothing doctors.

Peace Warrior 10-03-2012 21:59

I've been getting AARP stuff in the mail for a while ... but the first one I received made me go, "wow... I'm officially old now."

Dr. Leaky 10-03-2012 22:48

Sorry, guys. It's a (hopefully) long slide and you just have to get used to the fact that hot young women just aren't interested. Get over it. But if you look around and pay attention to the real world, you will find yourself in the middle of a garden of wonderful ladies (probably close to your own age) who totally understand and appreciate everything that's important to you. God has provided what you need - grow up and enjoy your life.

Gallium 10-04-2012 02:41

Quote:

What were you playing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollowHead (Post 19483244)
Bass. HH

:rofl:
:rofl:

M1a65 10-04-2012 03:19

Good advice Dr Leaky!

LoadToadBoss 10-04-2012 05:22

For me, it happened when I was 38 (I'm 53 now). I was a Senior Master Sergeant (E-8) in the USAF. I needed to investigate a mishap and went to the base photo lab to pick up a photographer to video document the mishap. He was an 18 year-old Airman Basic just out of Tech School. As we chatted in the truck he told me that his father was a 38 y/o Senior Master Sergeant. All of a sudden things got dark and sort of tunnel visiony.

Mrs. LTB and I never had any children, so I never felt like I was getting old watching them grow up.

My second big event was just this past week when my mother told me that a younger cousin that I baby sat when I was a teenager and she was an infant is going to be a grandmother. Good grief!

SCGlock26 10-04-2012 07:00

I was 40 and went to dinner with my mother. The waitress asked me what my "wife" wanted to drink.
I dyed my hair the next day and everyone I knew just laughed at me.

Dennis in MA 10-04-2012 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLWyandotte (Post 19482226)
We were at Oktoberfest last weekend having a ball. Beer was flowing, everybody happy; great food and music.
The band was rocking, and on their break I went up to chat gear with their guitarist, whose tone was excellent.
The band launched into a polka, and as I'm walking back to my table, a 30 year old hottie asks me if I like to dance. I'm thinking, yeah I still got it.
I confidently said "you betcha".
She says "great, my Mom's been wanting to dance all night"

Gulp

"I would be delighted to dance with your Mother".

And I did.

Rocking. . . polkas. If you weren't sure from the 30 yr old babe, you can be sure when you claim to hear a rockin polka. . . and know how to dance to it. (Nestor excluded, BTW.)

Quote:

What were you playing?

A polka. :rofl:

I'm blessed with my mom's hair. I'm headin to 44 soon and still look 30-something. At 40, my dad looked 50. At 50, he looked 60. At 60, he looked 70. At 72, he still looks 70. I'm betting he had a few "wow yer old" moments before his time. (He also acted old at 40. The goofy things I do with my kids. . . never did my dad do anything near that.)

OfficerChris 10-04-2012 07:20

Now comes the really sad part: I went to a bar and started to talk to an 18 year old guy because he was a friend of a friends friend.. or whatever. After some minutes he says to my best friend and me : I want to be as cool when I am your age.

I AM 29!

DoubleWide 10-04-2012 07:41

I was going to say the first time, I said "Twenty years, I..." but after reading this thread, maybe I haven't had it yet, but it sure seems like it when the guys I hang out with are 10-15 years younger than me and they're hitting on women who were born when I getting my driver's license.

Bilbo Bagins 10-04-2012 09:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by OfficerChris (Post 19484176)
Now comes the really sad part: I went to a bar and started to talk to an 18 year old guy because he was a friend of a friends friend.. or whatever. After some minutes he says to my best friend and me : I want to be as cool when I am your age.

I AM 29!

I'm sorry but God that SUCKS!!:rofl:

I got a similar backhanded comment from my young cousin's girlfriend when she was 17.

She said I was cute, because she liked Kevin Costner and Sean Connery. Kevin Costner is 15 years older then me and Sean Connery is almost double my age :steamed: