Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Freemason's Lodge (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   scottish rite (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1446044)

jakebrake 10-03-2012 15:38

scottish rite

ok. who is, and who isn't?

my lodge sec now has my scottish rite petition in hand. who has taken the classes through the scottish rite? they are twice a year (or so i am told), and, i'm looking forward to consistory.
i'm also thinking of trying to talk the better half into eastern star. anyone's mrs. eastern star?

Batesmotel 10-03-2012 18:55

I love the Scottish Rite. I wish I could impart every young man in the country with the lessons in those 29 degrees. I present the 20th degree.

York Rite is great also, but very different.

glock_19guy1983 10-03-2012 19:02

How would I go about joining the free masons? I do not know any personally or If I do i dont know that they are. Also How would I know if I even want to join the masons since its secretive and I have no Idea what they do?

BearMBD 10-03-2012 19:10

I too am interested. Many of my family are members and some are Scottish Rite. But none are close to join withy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batesmotel 10-03-2012 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock_19guy1983 (Post 19482431)
How would I go about joining the free masons? I do not know any personally or If I do i dont know that they are. Also How would I know if I even want to join the masons since its secretive and I have no Idea what they do?

Google "masonic grand lodge of (your state)" and you will get the state website.

Also look on line for masonic meetup groups in your area. Basically you meet some masons and get to know them and ask for a petition. They can give you specifics about joining in your state.

AlexHassin 10-03-2012 19:37

another question, is it true that atheist can not join the Mason's ?

glock_19guy1983 10-03-2012 19:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batesmotel (Post 19482456)
Google "masonic grand lodge of (your state)" and you will get the state website.

Also look on line for masonic meetup groups in your area. Basically you meet some masons and get to know them and ask for a petition. They can give you specifics about joining in your state.

Thank you, my state's masonic page was very informative. There is a lodge in my town and Ill give the contact a call.

truetopath 10-03-2012 19:45

I'm not Scottish right yet, but hoping to petition soon. I am a Shriner, it's another great group to join. I'm loving that Lodge is back in session now, the summers are long without it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Bilbo Baggins 10-04-2012 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHassin (Post 19482572)

that is true, you must believe in a supreme being to become a mason

grecco 10-04-2012 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakebrake (Post 19481772)
ok. who is, and who isn't?

my lodge sec now has my scottish rite petition in hand. who has taken the classes through the scottish rite? they are twice a year (or so i am told), and, i'm looking forward to consistory.
i'm also thinking of trying to talk the better half into eastern star. anyone's mrs. eastern star?

Current WM of my Lodge and also Scottish Rite.

Bilbo Baggins 10-05-2012 05:51

Past Master of my Pa. Lodge
Serving currently as Director of Work in my Ga. Lodge
Member of the Valley of New Castle Pa.
Member of Yaarab Shrine in Atl.
Serving as Pres. of local Shrine Club

Clutch Cargo 10-05-2012 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock_19guy1983 (Post 19482431)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearMBD (Post 19482447)
I too am interested. Many of my family are members and some are Scottish Rite. But none are close to join withy them.

To be a Mason, ask a Mason. Good luck on your journey quest.

Clutch Cargo 10-05-2012 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins (Post 19487175)
Past Master of my Pa. Lodge
Serving currently as Director of Work in my Ga. Lodge
Member of the Valley of New Castle Pa.
Member of Yaarab Shrine in Atl.
Serving as Pres. of local Shrine Club

Past Master Smithfield Masonic Lodge #455
Glad you are busy in the Craft, Brother!

Clutch Cargo 10-05-2012 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by grecco (Post 19485139)

Serving as WM of the Lodge - I can think of no other honor that requires you to work so hard yet leaves you with the greatest memories. Congratulations

Clutch Cargo 10-05-2012 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHassin (Post 19482572)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins (Post 19484604)
that is true, you must believe in a supreme being to become a mason

AlexHassin - What YOU perceive a supreme being to be, may be different than others.

BearMBD 10-05-2012 18:21

Thank you for the answers, Gentlemen. I'll look into Michigans website

AlexHassin 10-05-2012 19:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch Cargo (Post 19488555)
AlexHassin - What YOU perceive a supreme being to be, may be different than others.

yeah i don't believe in a supreme being.

Hyksos 10-10-2012 05:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexHassin (Post 19489251)
yeah i don't believe in a supreme being.

That is definitely going to be a problem.

As for the Scottish Rite, I am a Scottish Rite Mason with the Valley of Miami. I think the Scottish Rite is amazing, and I strongly prefer it over the York Rite. The Scottish Rite even inspired me to get my first tattoo...based on the 30th degree Knight Kadosh.

The only thing that I feel like I should point out is that there are some pretty distinct differences between the Northern Masonic Jurisdiction (NMJ) and Southern Jurisdiction when it comes to the Scottish Rite.

The Southern Jurisdiction is the oldest Council in the world, and it dubs itself the "Supreme Mother Council of the World.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supreme...sdiction,_USA)

The Northern Jurisdiction was created with the intent that it would govern its own states (which it does).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottis...c_Jurisdiction

jakebrake 10-12-2012 14:42

Hyksos

i had thought about masonic ink as well. i just wasn't sure if that was, well, proper.

matter of fact, your avatar looks like it would look great on my forearm.

jakebrake 10-12-2012 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by grecco (Post 19485139)

what lodge? and, will you be at the s.r. re-union in allentown?

real shame deputy tom is other end of the state, i'd like to meet him. he gave some fine advice to me as far as my journey goes. i'd like to shake his hand, and buy him a coffee (i don't drink...yeah. i'm a bucket of laughs at a party)