Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The 10 Ring (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Gen 4 G 20 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445503)

TattooedGlock 09-30-2012 12:43

Gen 4 G 20
 
Who wants to sell me thiers or trade for something really cool? :whistling::cool::cool::wow:

OregonG20 10-01-2012 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooedGlock (Post 19471354)
Who wants to sell me thiers or trade for something really cool? :whistling::cool::cool::wow:


Just a question here, and I am not bagging on you in anyway, but why do you want a gen 4? I don't see any real upgrade to owning one other than the reversable mag release, which I don't need, and the ability to change out the back strap. Maybe you can change my mind.

I was under the impression that the gen 4's had reliability issues, which goes against what Glock has stood for for years. Again I am not bagging on you at all. Just curious.

skier92857 10-02-2012 08:31

I personally liked the grip texture of Gen 4's....went with a gen 3 after all cause I was sick of waiting

TattooedGlock 10-02-2012 12:05

Mainly the way the grip feels and I've heard that dual springs on the G20 make it shoot even softer.

OregonG20 10-02-2012 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooedGlock (Post 19477831)
Mainly the way the grip feels and I've heard that dual springs on the G20 make it shoot even softer.

I do like the grip in the new Gen 4's, but I have grip tape on my 20. It doesn't slip no matter what.

EFK Fire Dragon makes dual recoil springs. I believe they make them for Gen 3 G20's. Here's a review.

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/ac...recoil-spring/

6-b-kwik 10-02-2012 16:27

they out yet in gen 4

G36shooter 10-02-2012 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-b-kwik (Post 19478539)
they out yet in gen 4

I have one and the new duel RSA does make a diff in the felt recoil and the spent case ejection. My range loads, 180gr FMJ 1150fps are landing 8-10ft to my right. Hopes this helps.

6-b-kwik 10-02-2012 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by G36shooter (Post 19478993)
I have one and the new duel RSA does make a diff in the felt recoil and the spent case ejection. My range loads, 180gr FMJ 1150fps are landing 8-10ft to my right. Hopes this helps.

i tried buying one said jan 13

paulbow 10-02-2012 19:11

I want one because I have small hands and the more aggressive texture helps a lot.

G36shooter 10-03-2012 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6-b-kwik (Post 19479017)
i tried buying one said jan 13

Bought mine Sept. 6 with my GSSF coupon, Blue Label. Wait it out if you can. I had a gen3 and the duel RSA does make a big difference.

dryfly 10-03-2012 09:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by G36shooter (Post 19480267)
Bought mine Sept. 6 with my GSSF coupon, Blue Label. Wait it out if you can. I had a gen3 and the duel RSA does make a big difference.


Cant you just swap out the old style RSA in the Gen 3 with one of the newer duel RSA designed for the Gen 4 ? Is that an option ?

OregonG20 10-03-2012 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by dryfly (Post 19480522)
Cant you just swap out the old style RSA in the Gen 3 with one of the newer duel RSA designed for the Gen 4 ? Is that an option ?

Nope, doesn't fit.

skier92857 10-04-2012 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by G36shooter (Post 19480267)
the duel RSA does make a big difference.

buyers remorse!

SPIN2010 10-04-2012 19:36

Go with a G3 G20SF and put in a Wolf spring kit (w/rod). That is equal or better IMHO.

orangeride 10-05-2012 13:43

I was shooting my uncle's gen gen4 21 back to back with my 20sf. While not shooting the texture of the gen4 seems like it would be better, but while shooting I couldn't tell I difference. Shooting full steam .45 (230@890fps) felt just like my 10mm 180's @ 1250 with the stock rsa. I really think the only Benifit is the bigger mag release. And then that's only for gamers and some sort of swat guys. Most of my carry guns I've moved away from extended controls.

nickE10mm 10-05-2012 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangeride (Post 19488357)
I really think the only Benifit is the bigger mag release. And then that's only for gamers and some sort of swat guys. Most of my carry guns I've moved away from extended controls.

Yep. Heck, I happen to despise extended controls of any kind, in both the looks AND functionality departments.

jim goose 10-06-2012 08:13

Why can't people figure that not everyone's hand is the same as theirs? The gen 4 grip is a big improvement for many, and not just in feel, but less slide bite.

Cue internet warriors to give grip instruction.

s0nspark 10-07-2012 17:09

Well all I can say is that my Gen4 G20 with Grip Force Adapter and Vickers extended slide stop fits my hand better and handles better than any other pistol I've ever shot. I love it!

I absolutely cannot wait to pick up a Gen4 G29 for summer carry :)

plouffedaddy 10-11-2012 10:57

Just passing this along to try and answer some of the questions...

I plan on doing a Gen3 G20 vs Gen4 video one of these days....


atyszka 10-18-2012 21:29

Plouffedaddy - I'm curious about the size of the SF Gen3 frame vs the Gen4. You mention in the video that you prefer the Gen4 grip texture, but is the Gen4 any smaller than the Gen3 SF?

I want a 20, but for the first time in my life have found the patience to wait for a Gen4, unless there isn't any size difference.

Thanks


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.