Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Veteran's Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   "The Gun Dream" (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445447)

chargingzebra 09-30-2012 05:00

"The Gun Dream"

Have any of you (military or law enforcement especially) had "The Gun Dream?" The one where you are in a shoot situation and your gun doesn't work? I've had it a lot in Afghanistan and once since I've been back, my Dad is a veteran and a cop, and he says he has the dream and all of his coworkers at the police dept. say they have as well.
Certainly makes sense to have a fear for your life resting on a single, fallible piece of equipment and dream about it. I had a lot of dreams where my M4 would just *click* when I pulled the trigger, now that I have a Glock it actually fires in the dream, the bullets just don't do anything to the bad guy, just leave silver holes in his head. I guess that's an improvement. :upeyes:
I was wondering if anyone else has had similar dreams and would be willing to share what they were like.

Clutch Cargo 09-30-2012 06:44

I have PTSD-fueled dreams of that nature now and then. Time and family have diminished them quite a bit.

jerryd 10-04-2012 09:52

Always carry a bug !!!!

wlkjr 10-04-2012 10:00

Personally I don't believe dreams mean anything, at least not to me.
I have had that same dream about hunting or shooting where either I couldn't pull the trigger or the gun wouldn't shoot.
Also had the underwear in public dream, flying dream, getting chased by animals, and others, all more than once. To me they are meaningless and I don't waste time trying to analyse them. Others may differ.

Travclem 10-04-2012 20:08

Yep..

MadMonkey 10-04-2012 20:38

I've had those since I was a kid. Once I actually went overseas (I'm not a shooter, I fly UAVs as a contractor) to a war zone the dreams pretty much stopped.

Typically, in my dreams the gun would function just fine but the bullets would have no effect. Every now and then they would work properly... nowadays they're usually just fine.

catalyst686 10-04-2012 23:28

I've had dreams where I pull the trigger and the bullet moves slowly out of the barrel and just falls on the ground. I've also had dreams where I pull the trigger as hard as I can an it wont go click.

Mr.1904 10-04-2012 23:40

Not a veteran but the main gun dream i have is not being able to pull the trigger or the gun not being in working order. Stressful.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

wlkjr 10-05-2012 19:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.1904 (Post 19486903)
Not a veteran but the main gun dream i have is not being able to pull the trigger or the gun not being in working order. Stressful.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Glad I'm not alone.:supergrin: