Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The 10 Ring (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Question on the G29 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445433)

awdxtc 09-29-2012 22:24

Question on the G29
 
Hello, I currently own a G20SF and I am thinking about picking up a G29SF for use in the warmer months. I can conceal my 20SF with just a t shirt but sometimes I feel like it prints due to the length of the handle. I use a comp-tac minotaur for a holster. So my question is how much more concealable is the 29 over the 20? I know it sounds dumb but I just want some honest opinions. If I don't get a 29 I am going to get a Springfield XDs. I am just addicted to the 10mm...everything else just seems weak.

TattooedGlock 09-30-2012 05:26

Exactly the same as the 21 vs 30. Grip is a bit shorter and obviously the barrel length. I love my 20 and have a 29sf in route also.

Breadman03 09-30-2012 05:52

I have a Springfield XD service size, so the grip is pretty close to the 20 in length, and a G29 SF. When the 29 will print an edge, the XD will print a lump.

The 29 has a definite concealment edge.

VN350X10 09-30-2012 13:51

Go to the Springfield & give up the 10MM chambering ?

good tradeoff......NOT !!!

I carry my G29 in a Galco Concealable model holster & it hides well with a dark-colored heavyweight "T" shirt. Go 1 size larger than you normally wear & it totally disapears in the extra bulkiness of the shirt.

uncle albert

TattooedGlock 09-30-2012 13:58

I carry a 21 and 20 in a Galco King Tuk all the time and have no issues or printing.

Breadman03 10-01-2012 03:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VN350X10 (Post 19471533)
Go to the Springfield & give up the 10MM chambering ?

good tradeoff......NOT !!!

I carry my G29 in a Galco Concealable model holster & it hides well with a dark-colored heavyweight "T" shirt. Go 1 size larger than you normally wear & it totally disapears in the extra bulkiness of the shirt.

uncle albert

My statement wasn't clear. Let me rewrite...
The G29 has a definite concealment advantage.

VN350X10 10-01-2012 18:52

my response was actually directed at awdxtc.....he said something about getting an XD, which isn't avaliable in 10MM.
You're correct about the advantage of the 29 over the 20 for "hide it" reasons.


uncle albert

awdxtc 10-01-2012 18:58

Yes I am trying to decide between a G29 and the new XD-S. I know the xd-s only comes in 45, but I seem to have trouble concealing my G20 with a light t-shirt and I was just wondering how much more concealable the 29 is VS the 20.

alwaysshootin 10-03-2012 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by awdxtc (Post 19475680)
Yes I am trying to decide between a G29 and the new XD-S. I know the xd-s only comes in 45, but I seem to have trouble concealing my G20 with a light t-shirt and I was just wondering how much more concealable the 29 is VS the 20.

I have both, and besides the obvious difference in grip length, there is a significant difference in the weight, on your hip. An inch give or take in slide, and barrel length, along with the additional rounds, add up to noticeable difference in weight.


I have had a few firearms that I've carried concealed. As far as concealability goes, if it's worn on the hip, the 29 is as concealable as any. I often wear a loose fitting t-shirt, and it stays hidden. Cannot quite pull that off with the G20. A little long in the grip. FWIW, the G29 will be my carry firearm till the end of days.

ca survivor 10-04-2012 11:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by TattooedGlock (Post 19471554)
I carry a 21 and 20 in a Galco King Tuk all the time and have no issues or printing.

I'm thinking you should have both guns the same caliber, carry two 20s or two 21s for easy mag changes. :rofl:

SDGlock23 10-04-2012 11:39

I personally find it's very simply to carry the fullsize G20/21. The 29/30 is more concealable but it's not worth the money to gain a small bit of concealment IMHO. On the other hand, if you're looking for an excuse to buy another gun, one excuse is as good as the next!

xrmattaz 10-04-2012 11:53

I spend my money on good quality OWB holsters and nice loud Columbia button down shirts.

The biggie Glocks can be easily concealed year 'round, in comfort, no matter the climate.

I have a few smaller handguns, but truly enjoy the piece of mind I get carrying a G17/20/21/38.

DeLo 10-04-2012 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrmattaz (Post 19484947)
I spend my money on good quality OWB holsters and nice loud Columbia button down shirts.

The biggie Glocks can be easily concealed year 'round, in comfort, no matter the climate.

I have a few smaller handguns, but truly enjoy the piece of mind I get carrying a G17/20/21/38.

What's your choice on OWB for the 20 and 21?

whitebread 10-07-2012 01:28

I carry the G29SF (or G30 w/9 round mag) with shorts and a t-shirt. In a few days the weather will have me wearing jeans and button down shirts and the G20SF (or G21 gen4) will be on my side during the waking hours. I just can't pull off a full sized gun in the summer...I bend over and crouch down too much trying to wrangle a 2+ year old.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.