Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carry Issues (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Permit holder arrested for displaying weapon when woman refuses to move (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445293)

SgtScott31 09-29-2012 03:22

Permit holder arrested for displaying weapon when woman refuses to move

Long story short the airport where I work has parking spaces on the baggage claim level where you are allowed to sit for ten minutes waiting to pick up your party. There are digital timers above each parking spot and the driver has to stay with the vehicle. There are civilian traffic officers who enforce the timer limits as well as direct traffic on the levels (write parking tickets, etc).

Last night a man who was looking for an open parking spot pulled up behind a female who's timer had expired. He informed her she needed to move so he could park. She told him she was on the phone checking on flight info and refused to move. He proceeds to exit his vehicle and raise his shirt towards her, exposing two different handguns in holsters in his front waistband. She immediately flags down one of the civilian traffic officers as he is pulling away in his vehicle. The civilian traffic officer calls for LEOs. As LEOs are arriving, the man has circled back around and entering the level once more. He is stopped, identified, and subsequently arrested for aggravated assault. The female witness said she thought she may have seen a badge, but wasn't sure as she had focused on the guns when he raised his shirt. Another witness in an adjacent parking space had also seen the handguns. When he was searched, a "handgun permit" badge was located on his belt. He was subsequently charged with criminal impersonation.

It appears he was trying to intimidate the lady with the badge in an effort to get her to move, but apparently it wasn't near as visible as the weapons were. He had a valid handgun carry permit, but likely won't keep it. The agg assault charge is an E felony.

HandyMan Hugh 09-29-2012 03:39

While the system isn't perfect, the dumbasses do tend to weed themselves out after a while.

Deployment Solu 09-29-2012 04:23

Yep, that'll get you in trouble most anywhere.

OhioShooter12 09-29-2012 04:52

He should be charged, end of story. Carrying a gun doesn't give you the right to threaten others when inconvenienced.

Lowjiber 09-29-2012 05:48

What a moron! Of course, his "handgun permit" badge was my first clue.

Louisville Glocker 09-29-2012 05:59

If any of you ever sees me wearing a "handgun permit badge" or a "concealed carry badge" you have permission to confiscate my "badge" and take my guns.

I can't believe people really carry those, let alone flash them to civilians.

Chris Chris 09-29-2012 06:01

A fool and his permit are soon parted. Guess that CCW badge didn't work out quite as well as he had hoped :shocked:

misunderestimated 09-29-2012 06:01

In New York there is no CCW badge.You just get a card.

I have seen so many badges lately at our gun range attached to someones belt line to appear as if its a LEO badge.

I asked one of the fellows where and why he has one.He explained he got it at a gun show and he got one because everyone in a local armed guard school had one already.I suggested he could possibly be charged with impersonating a police officer and that I did not see how anything good would come out of wearing one.

He was going to ask his instructor if they were illegal

Radam3 09-29-2012 07:15

sounds like "brandishing" to me. take his guns, and his permit. the moron deserves it

Dalton Wayne 09-29-2012 07:19

What's his glocktalk name :rofl:

Beretta92guy 09-29-2012 07:33

take idiots badge, gun and permit away from him....permanently....

SCmasterblaster 09-29-2012 08:18

What a jerk! Take away all of his gun rights . . . . .

steveksux 09-29-2012 08:22

Yeah, even though he didn't actually pull the handgun, I'd say that was brandishing. Clearly an implied threat based on showing her the weapon(s).

If he intended to show her just the badge, that was probably to make her think he's a cop to make her think he can order her to move. I'd say that was impersonating.

If only we could figure out how to harness the energy from stupid we could eliminate our dependence on foreign oil.

Randy

guitargene82 09-29-2012 08:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne (Post 19467188)

Now that is funny!

ChuteTheMall 09-29-2012 08:48

Open carry would have prevented this.:faint:

But still this guy should be charged with brandishing.

Unless his stupid badge had the word "police" on it, I doubt there is any basis for the impersonation charge based upon what has been posted. Displaying those CCW badges is not a crime, but his stupidity should be.

:toilet:

http://i46.tinypic.com/hradmu.gif

Glockdude1 09-29-2012 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dalton Wayne (Post 19467188)

2BB, Alfred10, WalterGA, BigGiant Head...... :rofl:

jph02 09-29-2012 09:06

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. What's really funny about all this is the lady never moved her car! :rofl:

I wear my CCW badge on my chest. That way I don't have to open carry, so I avoid all the hassle and don't have to post youtube videos.

jbailey8 09-29-2012 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lowjiber (Post 19466979)
What a moron! Of course, his "handgun permit" badge was my first clue.

+1
I've seen a few of these in stores and just laugh at the fact that people actually buy them.

Schlitz 09-29-2012 12:14

These badges are great for identifying ̶l̶e̶g̶a̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶e̶a̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶r̶i̶e̶r̶s̶ mall ninjas.

jpa 09-29-2012 12:51

What a maroon. Why in the world would someone think flashing a gun at someone over a parking space is a good idea? This is the kind of crap that the anti morons claimed would run rampant. Road rage, shootouts over parking spaces, etc etc. Not the kind of press those of us with two brain cell or more to rub together need.