Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win?? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1445233)

Nalapombu 09-28-2012 16:06

How Many of You REALLY Think Romney Will Win??

Hey all,

This campaign he has been running has been angering me more and more over the last few weeks and I just cannot understand why he is behind in a race where an astute candidate or politician would be 10 points ahead. I guess this is the new Republican party. We haven't had a REAL Conservative or a candidate that took it to the democRATs and wouldn't let them get away with their usual trash for over 30 years, Reagan. Is there anyone reading this that really thinks that if given the same situation that Reagan would be wiping the floor with Soetero? This guy is a friggin' clown, dumb as a damn post and a bigger liar than Klinton and our candidate is so damn bad that he can beat him. That really says something there. I just don't think the establishment republican party members, the ones that actually RUN the party, have it in them to actually fight. They're content to have an intellectual discourse in a gentlemanly manner and if they lose, well they'll still get to be on nice committees and their Cocktail Party Circuit invites will still be there. They don't like people like us that are conservatives. We embarrass them with the abortion talk, gun stuff, the occasional Birth Certificate questions and demanding the border be controlled. They don't like that and as soon as they get our votes, they are back to their usual selves.

The Romney campaign has to be one of the worst run presidential campaigns I have ever seen and I've been a political follower since my first repub presidential vote for REAGAN. He is NOT going to take it to Soetero. That's just not the way he is or thinks things need to be done. He and his team ought to be totally ashamed to be trailing in this race, it should literally be a walk and if we had a decent candidate that really FIGHTS, it would be. Have you seen Soetero taking his gloves off at ANY time? NO. He doesn't mind one bit about putting an ad out accusing your opponent of being responsible for the death of a mans wife from Cancer. That's what Romney is running against and his response is to continually call Soetero a "Nice Guy, Good Husband and father." How's that worked for ya Mitt?

Well my thoughts are if we can't win this one, I'm done with politics and the Republican party. There won't be anything left in 5 years worth fighting for. I'll just stay here in Texas and hope they decide to secede from the union.

Anyone else find ANY reason in this race to be optimistic?

Nalajr

P.S. If Soetero wins again, we all better gird our loins cause we ain't seen nothing yet. You think he was bad these 4 years, he'll pull everything he can to get whatever he wants. He's already showed he could care less about going thru Congress for anything. I'm talking all illegals being "effectively" legalized with the stroke of a pen. Probably lots of onerous gun and ammo rules and regulations, especially with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, which is what their plan has been for a while, and the UN. It'll be a helluva mess for us, a paradise for the Marxists though.

Roering 09-28-2012 16:10

Although it's not over till election night, I'm pretty sure Barry will be re-elected.

costanza187 09-28-2012 16:14

I am voting Republican, that way I will have a clear conscience.

Voting is all I can do.

Snaps 09-28-2012 16:17

I don't believe people are stupid enough to let Obama have 4 more years. So yea, I think Romney will win in a landslide.

Adjuster 09-28-2012 16:17

As it stands currently Romney doesn't have a chance in heck.

/

Hellraiser 09-28-2012 16:18

Romney will win by 7 points.

^..^

Goaltender66 09-28-2012 16:19

Yep, I do. Popular vote will be close but the election fundamentals favor Romney.

devildog2067 09-28-2012 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snaps (Post 19465431)
I don't believe people are stupid enough

Sadly, I think what that means is that you need to go out and meet some more people. People, as a group, are shockingly stupid.

Jay9928 09-28-2012 16:21

I am looking forward to the Presidential and VP debates

fusegsp 09-28-2012 16:23

I think Romney will win. I think people that are undecided aren't suddenly going to feel like the last four years were great. They might, however, suddenly realize that they've sucked.

Bruce M 09-28-2012 16:25

Sometimes I can be slightly suspicious of polls especially when they are commissioned by media that might not be objective.

tantrix 09-28-2012 16:26

Nope...Romney is gonna lose, simple as that. The GOP deserves it too, for putting up a sh-t nominee. Can't wait for 2016 to see who the next flaming RINO will be.

Bruce M 09-28-2012 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildog2067 (Post 19465443)
Sadly, I think what that means is that you need to go out and meet some more people. People, as a group, are shockingly stupid.

That, Sir, is sagacious.

eb07 09-28-2012 16:29

Who cares? The country is circling the drain and no one person is going to fix it, a complete overhaul of federal judges, congress, and public assistance is the only way to fix this titanic.

sheriff733 09-28-2012 16:30

I think Romney will win. Not by a landslide, but pull out a nail biter Hail Mary on the last play of the game.

Barry doesn't have that same magic he had last time around.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Drilled 09-28-2012 16:30

If he can get the Evangelical vote out he has a great chance.

If the lying continues with this administration he has a good chance.

He needs to grow a pair and go after BHO and wipe him up with the facts.

If women for whatever will get them to think clearly he has a really great chance.

sheriff733 09-28-2012 16:32

The debates will be the deciding factor. If Romney will come out really swinging with the facts and not hold back, I believe he will seal the deal.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

Jonesee 09-28-2012 16:33

Honestly, no.
I think it will be worse after the debates.

He is the wrong candidate at the wrong time and it is starting to show.

Drilled 09-28-2012 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonesee (Post 19465488)
Honestly, no.
I think it will be worse after the debates.

He is the wrong candidate at the wrong time and it starting to show.

Hope you are wrong. We will plunge into the dark ages if BHO gets another 4 years.

People in this country don't really know what he is all about.

The average electorate is already in the dark and will be the first to scream bloody murder!

CAcop 09-28-2012 16:38

I think it is too close to call right now.

I just read a three part article by a legit journalist who basically laid out the case why both will be elected. Both sides were reasonable arguments.

devildog2067 09-28-2012 16:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drilled (Post 19465476)
If he can get the Evangelical vote out he has a great chance.

I disagree.

The only reasons I've ever considered NOT voting for him all center around pandering to the religious right.

Drilled 09-28-2012 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildog2067 (Post 19465501)
I disagree.

The only reasons I've ever considered NOT voting for him all center around pandering to the religious right.

Would it not be a numbers thing? There are twenty some million Evangelicals in this country.

It pulled GWB out in 2004.

costanza187 09-28-2012 16:43

Quote:

This is especially important in the swing states.

IndyGunFreak 09-28-2012 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roering (Post 19465420)
Although it's not over till election night, I'm pretty sure Barry will be re-elected.

Honestly, I agree. The republicans needed a REAL CONSERVATIVE to really get the base excited about Romney.

I hope I'm wrong, and I will gladly come to GT and tell everyone I was if I am... Unless Romney just obliterates Barry in the debates (which is possible)... I think we're going to get another 4yrs of Obama. Along w/ Obamacare, and what will likely be a relentless assault on the 2nd amendment.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildog2067 (Post 19465501)
I disagree.

While that may be true, Evangelicals make up a huge portion of the republican base. They would no doubt inflame a few, but they would gain much more.

Slackinoff 09-28-2012 16:46

Quote:

Yep, for an example/entertainment, take a look at the "fail" videos on youtube...then imagine all the stupidity that doesn't get recorded/on youtube.