Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Heckler & Koch Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   USP 45 mag base plates on HK45? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1444690)

NEOH212 09-25-2012 00:09

USP 45 mag base plates on HK45?
 
Has anyone tried it? I'm looking for lower profile base plates for my HK45 mags but it doesn't seem like there are any available. I wonder if the USP 45 magazine base plates will fit the HK45 mags?

:dunno:

MNGLOCK 09-27-2012 19:16

The USP is wider and will not fit...I just tried it. Sorry

deeHKman 09-27-2012 20:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MNGLOCK (Post 19462540)
The USP is wider and will not fit...I just tried it. Sorry

This ^^ sorry NEOH :wavey:

Chuck TX 09-30-2012 22:13

Fullsize don't. USP 45c mag plates kinda fit, but not well enough. They leave a gap, and due to said gap the mags can seat too deep causing issues.

Better route is to contour the stock mag plate.

Screaming .357G 10-02-2012 23:12

Im thinking about making some in aluminum for the same reason. I will keep you posted as it goes.

NEOH212 10-04-2012 03:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screaming .357G (Post 19479745)
Im thinking about making some in aluminum for the same reason. I will keep you posted as it goes.

Please let me know about your progress. If you get them done and are willing to make more, I'll be in for at least ten.

Please keep me posted!

:wavey:

NEOH212 10-04-2012 03:32

I sure wish they made base plates for the HK 45 mags that were low profile. I know this weapon was never intended to be a concealment weapon but low profile base plates would be nice.

That's the only problem that I have with this platform. The mag base plate tends to snag sometimes on my shirt when I draw, but only when I carry IWB. Otherwise, it's a non-issue.

Oh well, I can deal with it though, it's a minor issue and I wouldn't let that stand in the way of me carrying this fine pistol.

NEOH212 10-04-2012 03:32

Besides, winter is coming and I won't have to worry about it for much longer anyhow! :cool:

Screaming .357G 10-04-2012 09:53

I will let ya know how it goes. It may take a month or two before I get the first batch done.

NEOH212 10-05-2012 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Screaming .357G (Post 19484549)
I will let ya know how it goes. It may take a month or two before I get the first batch done.

Sweet! :cool:

Let me know! :wavey:

pck50 10-05-2012 04:57

HK has them in stock I think I have both the flat ones and the extended like the flat ones better by far.


Quote:

Originally Posted by NEOH212 (Post 19454136)
Has anyone tried it? I'm looking for lower profile base plates for my HK45 mags but it doesn't seem like there are any available. I wonder if the USP 45 magazine base plates will fit the HK45 mags?

:dunno:


pck50 10-05-2012 04:58

only the USP 45 compacts will interchange

NEOH212 10-06-2012 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by pck50 (Post 19487113)
only the USP 45 compacts will interchange

Thanks!

I already tried those though. No joy! :crying:

Tophatter 10-06-2012 06:32

I believe I recall Todd Green stating, during his HK45 endurance test on pistol-training.com, that the guys at Custom Carry Concepts do either an aftermarket baseplate for the HK45 mags, or else just dremel the crap out of, and then pretty up, standard ones. Looks good either way.

WayaX 10-07-2012 08:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tophatter (Post 19490215)
I believe I recall Todd Green stating, during his HK45 endurance test on pistol-training.com, that the guys at Custom Carry Concepts do either an aftermarket baseplate for the HK45 mags, or else just dremel the crap out of, and then pretty up, standard ones. Looks good either way.

Right on, check out Todd's HK45 test, because he had the same complaint with the base plates. I've modified P2000SK base plates with basic shop tools, and while the result isn't gorgeous, you can take the finger extension part off easily.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:01.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.