Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Band of Glockers (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   OT: Ilonggo??? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1442814)

i_am_infinity 09-13-2012 12:28

OT: Ilonggo???
 
Anybody here from Iloilo who can confirm something we were told by a prominent person in Iloilo.

Is it true that it's a cultural thing for Ilonggo's to expect something in return or expect a reward for their actions or help?

I'm baffled....kindly enlighten me please.

Thanks.

neil 09-15-2012 03:38

No. I don't expect any reward or expect something in return if I extend a helping hand to someone in distress specially to a fellow traveler. :wavey:

i_am_infinity 09-15-2012 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil (Post 19421560)
No. I don't expect any reward or expect something in return if I extend a helping hand to someone in distress specially to a fellow traveler. :wavey:

we were told differently by someone prominent in the food industry in Iloilo.:supergrin:

atmarcella 09-15-2012 19:31

Quote:

Is it true that it's a cultural thing for Ilonggo's to expect something in return or expect a reward for their actions or help?
hindi naman. weird....cno sya?

dinggaling 09-15-2012 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil (Post 19421560)
No. I don't expect any reward or expect something in return if I extend a helping hand to someone in distress specially to a fellow traveler. :wavey:

very true kuyang neil!
also an Ilonggo traveler
ILM#5 GLP

stinger030 09-15-2012 21:05

I grew up in that place and don't expect anything in return for helping anybody.

neil 09-15-2012 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinggaling (Post 19424014)
very true kuyang neil!
also an Ilonggo traveler
ILM#5 GLP

If within the length of my cabletow, Kuyang!:wavey:

neil 09-15-2012 22:03

Infinity, I can assure you that Ilonggos are mga mabuot and mabinuligon.:cool:

Since you mentioned that a prominent Ilonggo in the food industry gave you that idea, I may be wrong but the description you gave clearly matches a notoriously undesirable person who is detested and loathed in our community.

odg19 09-15-2012 23:37

Ang mga Ilonggo ay hindi mayabang. Your source claims to be a prominent person in Iloilo. Your source is not the typical Ilonggo. Maybe he/she is expecting something in exchange for his/her help, which explains his/her statement. After all, there are always exceptions to the rule.

Having said that, while Ilonggos will not expect any reward, some will gladly accept the reward if it is willingly and voluntarily given.

neil 09-15-2012 23:48

He may be a mutant Ilonggo because a true Ilonggo will never go around telling all and sundry that he is prominent. Real Ilonggos, save for the few nouveau riche are very low profile and down to earth.

Batesmotel 09-15-2012 23:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil (Post 19424152)
If within the length of my cabletow, Kuyang!:wavey:

Greetings Brother.

It sounds like a wonderful place. I have been researching it lately. My son is moving there is a few weeks. I have heard so many positive things about Iloilo.

If you ever run into a Mormon missionary named Elder Bates, Say hi.

Brother Bates
Junior Warden
Acacia 17
F&AM of Utah

neil 09-16-2012 05:43

Fraternal greetings Brother Bates!

Like you I am also in the South and we likewise have an Acacia Lodge (No. 11) here in Iloilo. I'll PM you where the brethren publicly meet on a daily basis. Maybe your son could have the time to drop by and fellowship with us. :cheers:

dinggaling 09-16-2012 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil (Post 19424770)
Fraternal greetings Brother Bates!

Like you I am also in the South and we likewise have an Acacia Lodge (No. 11) here in Iloilo. I'll PM you where the brethren publicly meet on a daily basis. Maybe your son could have the time to drop by and fellowship with us. :cheers:

have a cousin Traveler in Iloilo, name is dr. mark rebadulla (vet med) you might have met him in one of the fellowships/ kit-anay ta sa ANCOM! :wavey:

neil 09-16-2012 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinggaling (Post 19426602)
have a cousin Traveler in Iloilo, name is dr. mark rebadulla (vet med) you might have met him in one of the fellowships/ kit-anay ta sa ANCOM! :wavey:

Doc Marc is a very close friend of mine. Very nice fun loving guy.

dinggaling 09-17-2012 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil (Post 19426705)
Doc Marc is a very close friend of mine. Very nice fun loving guy.

copy kuyang, regards to him and bessie from, kuyang ding lobaton

akula 09-17-2012 06:55

Greetings... mga kuyang. ::243 R-X-D

i_am_infinity 09-17-2012 08:20

It's really surprising. This is the first time i've encountered someone from a province telling me that you always have to give gratuity for something they've done for you. i've been around our country and everybody is soooooo eager to help without anything in return. Sir Neil, may i know who you are referring to? :D

jerrytrini 09-18-2012 08:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by neil (Post 19421560)
No. I don't expect any reward or expect something in return if I extend a helping hand to someone in distress specially to a fellow traveler. :wavey:

So Mote It Be!!!

Allegra 09-18-2012 09:41

meron pa bang libre dito sa Pilipinas?
Di ko na yata matandaan when I've asked for a favor na wala kapalit

Personally, I'd rather pay money
Mas mahal ang utang ng loob

neil 09-18-2012 10:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by dinggaling (Post 19427974)
copy kuyang, regards to him and bessie from, kuyang ding lobaton

I did talk to him and Bessie. They are also sending you their regards.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.