Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Florida Gun Exchange? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1437256)

NEWLOADER 08-12-2012 14:42

Florida Gun Exchange?

I'm about 30 miles or so from their Ormond Beach location and was wondering if any of you fellow GT patrons have visited? How is the selection? Prices? Any input is appreciated.

Bodyarmorguy 08-12-2012 14:51

In one day I purchased both a Wilson CQB pistol and Wilson UT15 Rifle, spent nearly $4k in that one day. A short time later I was in there and purchased a set of grips that said they were for a J frame S&W from their clearance bin, $20. Got home to discover that they would not fit a J frame or any frame Smith & Wesson. No biggie, was planning a trip there for another rifle purchase in a week or so.

I return to the shop, get a Knight's Armament SR15 off the wall and am filling out the paperwork. I mention the grips to the sales guy and he tells me just short of "tough $#1T, they were a clearance item and no returns." I reminded him that I just spent nearly $4k a couple of weeks earlier and am spending upward of $1600 right now. He remained firm that I could not return these $20 grips. I asked for a manager and was told he was too busy.

I ripped up the 4473 I was filing out and told him that Vito at Only the Best would get this sale instead. I made two telephone calls and left messages for the manager to call me back.....he never did.

I have not returned to the store and will voice my experience to anyone who asks, even to some who don't.

ghr1142 08-12-2012 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEWLOADER (Post 19299929)
I'm about 30 miles or so from their Ormond Beach location and was wondering if any of you fellow GT patrons have visited? How is the selection? Prices? Any input is appreciated.

I live 5 min. from the store. They have everything you need .
Every make and model on the market. Most of them in stock.
This gun shop is so big ! you will feel like your in a candy store !
It will be worth the trip !
ghr1142

NEWLOADER 08-12-2012 15:58

Sorry to hear about your bad experience there bodyarmorguy. I have found that over the years that sales people fall into one of two categories: Don't give a #%$ or someone who genuinley wants to help. I used to sell lawn equipment in college and when we had a regular customer or a big spender come in we would go out of our way to help them. Thanks for the response ghr1142. I am probably going to be in the dog house if I find something I just can't pass up(Colt LE6920).

NEWLOADER 08-13-2012 16:07

Well my fiance and I went to the Florida Gun Exchange today and all I can say is WOW! The prices and selection were better than any other gun shop I have been to. The staff was busy with other customers when we arrived but as soon as they were free they came right over to help. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. I found a colt 6920 there for what I considered to be a fair price($1100) but couldn't get it since I am from out of state and don't have any Florida IDs yet. There is always next month I guess.

opto_isolator 08-13-2012 16:24

I've been there before - it is a nice store, but...and YMMV, I recall they posted a few of their stock guns on armslist or gunbroker, and the prices were great. I called and asked if I won the auction if I could come and pick it up, and they said no - those were the internet prices, and I'd have to have it shipped to my FFL. What a load of bull pucky....not too impressed with them, really.

Shooters Jacksonville is much better, from what I've heard. They have great prices too...

opto_isolator 08-13-2012 16:24

double tap

cjcharvet 08-13-2012 17:30

Bought several guns from them. All good experiences. A couple of times they were too busy for me to wait. I have not been since they opened up the new store in Ormond Beach. My dad picked up a Ruger MkIII a couple of weeks ago and he gave a good review.

Good prices, almost everything in stock.

640400 12-21-2012 13:37

Another View of FGE

When they were in Port Orange I could walk into the store and be greeted by name by several of the employees (usually Zane). I would pick out a gun and Zane would go into the back and come out with a lower price. I have purchased many, many guns from them. When they moved into Ormond Beach the whole atmosphere changed. They seem like they don't give a &*^% about you. Prices have gone up quite a bit but you can still find deals there. The managers never return calls or emails. The managers are non gun enthusiasts and can hardly make a decision. All in all they are 50% of what they were at their old location. Lots of guns do not make it a good place to buy guns. I would rather go to Tomoka Gun a few miles north or Cavella's Guns on Nova in Holly Hill. Now those two stores are run by good people who will go out of their way to make you happy.

Glockaround the Clock 12-21-2012 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by 640400 (Post 19763517)
When they were in Port Orange I could walk into the store and be greeted by name by several of the employees (usually Zane). I would pick out a gun and Zane would go into the back and come out with a lower price. I have purchased many, many guns from them. When they moved into Ormond Beach the whole atmosphere changed. They seem like they don't give a &*^% about you. Prices have gone up quite a bit but you can still find deals there. The managers never return calls or emails. The managers are non gun enthusiasts and can hardly make a decision. All in all they are 50% of what they were at their old location. Lots of guns do not make it a good place to buy guns. I would rather go to Tomoka Gun a few miles north or Cavella's Guns on Nova in Holly Hill. Now those two stores are run by good people who will go out of their way to make you happy.

Yes it was better at the Port Orange store- I had no problems there . They moved to the big fancy local and the attitude changed . Clerk got snarky with me when I asked for a particular gun and he said pay me now and I'll call when we have it. When I aak for an approximate date his reply was - How should I know !might be six months. I took my money and my buisness elsewhere.