Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Okie Corral (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   This week in College Football...2012/2013 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1436100)

jdavionic 08-05-2012 18:57

This week in College Football...2012/2013

Well, I think it's close enough to redo last year's thread. From start to finish, week after week, what's your assessment of your favorite team, predictions along the way, thoughts on the big games of the week, etc.

Rivalries are there, but let's keep it civil so we don't get the thread closed. We made it through an entire season last year without that happening, which was great.

jdavionic 08-05-2012 19:01

My predictions...Gators will struggle again. Brantley is gone, finally. So there is hope. Driskel and Brissett are promising, but I don't expect a lot this year. I think they'll be lucky to break into the top 20.

As much as it pains me to say, Alabama and LSU will be the teams at the top...again.

Restless28 08-05-2012 19:25

Alabama is the cream of the crop. As an Auburn fan, I am humble enough to say this. Alabama has a dynasty in the making. Nick Saban is the perfect fit for the Tide. I admire him immensely. As much as it pains me to say it, "Roll Tide".

Bring it on, PAC 10, ACC, and Big 12.

The Tide rules.

BearMBD 08-05-2012 19:45

I can't wait for the season to begin. It's nice to see respectful posts in regards to rivalrys. Not all of Alabama fans are loudmouths ;) lol. Bring on Michigan. Roll Tide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FLGatorFan 08-05-2012 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19275042)
My predictions...Gators will struggle again. Brantley is gone, finally. So there is hope. Driskel and Brissett are promising, but I don't expect a lot this year. I think they'll be lucky to break into the top 20.

As much as it pains me to say, Alabama and LSU will be the teams at the top...again.

If the offensive line improves we should get at least nine wins. I never thought Brantley was the problem and I don't expect whoever wins the competition this year to be a problem. I think there's plenty of talent at the skill positions, and the defense should be excellent. Everything hinges on the OL.

Naelbis 08-05-2012 20:23

I predict that VT will win 10 games or more, win the ACC and make it to a big name bowl. And then crap the bed on national TV....again.

rolltide_pisco 08-05-2012 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless28 (Post 19275141)
Alabama is the cream of the crop. As an Auburn fan, I am humble enough to say this. Alabama has a dynasty in the making. Nick Saban is the perfect fit for the Tide. I admire him immensely. As much as it pains me to say it, "Roll Tide".

Bring it on, PAC 10, ACC, and Big 12.

The Tide rules.

I love the fact the media is giving all the praise to LSU and USCw. How they're gonna run the table and Bama won't beat LSU in Baton Rouge. 21-0 in New Orleans ring a bell.

Alabama has a young but deep defense. Might not have the physical linebackers but we got more speed to the ball imo. Offense is deep as well. Veteran offensive line, lots of receivers and 4-5 deep at tailback.

As far as Auburn, as much as I enjoy watching the Tigers get beat, it's gonna be almost unfair this year. They're gonna struggle imo. I'm only being realistic when I say AU could start the season 0-2.

Tennessee is still my biggest rival I love to beat but since Fulmer has been gone, it's lost alot of its intensity. Rivalry games are better when both teams are good.

certifiedfunds 08-05-2012 21:12

LSU is cursed with a preseason #1. Likely the most talented team in the country and in LSU history. Gonna be sick on defense returning, what? 9?. Easier schedule than last year. Cake non-con schedule could play against them.

Bama-LSU rematch in January. I'm calling it.

certifiedfunds 08-05-2012 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolltide_pisco (Post 19275526)
I love the fact the media is giving all the praise to LSU and USCw. How they're gonna run the table and Bama won't beat LSU in Baton Rouge. 21-0 in New Orleans ring a bell.

Bama is playing the same LSU team.

Bama is good. As good as last year?

One thing is certain, the winner of the SEC west will win the BCS -- AGAIN

Hines57 08-05-2012 22:49

Ohio State won't win a bowl game this year

jdavionic 08-06-2012 03:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLGatorFan (Post 19275321)
If the offensive line improves we should get at least nine wins. I never thought Brantley was the problem and I don't expect whoever wins the competition this year to be a problem. I think there's plenty of talent at the skill positions, and the defense should be excellent. Everything hinges on the OL.

There's no doubt the OL was a problem last year. However Brantley's time in the pocket and one-dimensional game was just ridiculous. He could not keep the defense on their toes since he had zero mobility. Combine that with the time in the pocket, and I think most OLs would crumble.

Restless28 08-06-2012 06:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by certifiedfunds (Post 19275598)
Bama is playing the same LSU team.

Bama is good. As good as last year?

One thing is certain, the winner of the SEC west will win the BCS -- AGAIN

I think they are as good. The depth of talent that Saban has there is most impressive.

My days of hating on the Tide are over. Nick Saban is the best college football coach of the best team (until proven otherwise) in college football.

On another note, I am very interested in Missouri and Texas A&M's first season in the SEC. I really like Missouri, and most folks forget that they could have easily played in the BCS title game just a few years ago. I would love to see a snowy game in their home stadium against an SEC opponent.

certifiedfunds 08-06-2012 06:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless28 (Post 19276386)
I think they are as good. The depth of talent that Saban has there is most impressive.

My days of hating on the Tide are over. Nick Saban is the best college football coach of the best team (until proven otherwise) in college football.

On another note, I am very interested in Missouri and Texas A&M's first season in the SEC. I really like Missouri, and most folks forget that they could have easily played in the BCS title game just a few years ago. I would love to see a snowy game in their home stadium against an SEC opponent.

Saban is the best coach in college football, agreed.

I only hope Alabama fans don't vandalize things or attempt to sodomize competitive fans, again this year.

jdavionic 08-11-2012 08:52

LSU fans...concerned?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...?sct=cf_t11_a0

Restless28 08-11-2012 08:57

Alabama.

/end of thread.

jdavionic 08-11-2012 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless28 (Post 19295611)
Alabama.

/end of thread.

That's the good thing about this thread...we can go back in Jan 2013 and either confirm or ridicule :supergrin:

Dalton Wayne 08-11-2012 10:43

Michigan State will beat Michigan

Sorry that's all I got

Restless28 08-11-2012 11:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19295602)

Tyrann got exposed in the rematch against Alabama.

I hate to say it, but Roll Damn Tide.

certifiedfunds 08-11-2012 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19295602)

Concerned? No. The whole freakin team is loaded. Depth is off the charts.

The article talks about an uber stud athlete not being able to fill in as a freshman. Hell, honeybadger was only a sophmore last year.

But it sure would be nice if it hadn't happened.

certifiedfunds 08-11-2012 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless28 (Post 19296031)
Tyrann got exposed in the rematch against Alabama.

I hate to say it, but Roll Damn Tide.

No he didn't. That's like saying Trent Richardson got exposed in the first LSU Bama match with only 89 yards rushing.

Restless28 08-11-2012 12:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by certifiedfunds (Post 19296069)
No he didn't. That's like saying Trent Richardson got exposed in the first LSU Bama match with only 89 yards rushing.

AJ McCarron threw over him multiple times. Go rematch that game. He got lit up by AJ!

jdavionic 08-19-2012 17:00

USC atop Bama??? Seriously?
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...l?sct=cf_t2_a3

Restless28 08-19-2012 17:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdavionic (Post 19325367)

The media is looking for a messiah to save them from SEC dominance. I say, screw them, and, despite being an Auburn fan, come and take it, USC and PAC-10 pretenders.

History shows the SEC is the Conference of Champions. Screw the ESPN and SI. Kiss the SEC's ass.

rolltide_pisco 08-19-2012 18:27

I think LSU will have a great season again this year. To be honest about Honey Badger, the team won't drop off because he's gone to rehab. He wasn't even the best defensive back on the team. That nod goes to Morris Claiborne and Eric Reid. I think it's insulting to LSU that ESPN is jumping off the bandwagon because one AVERAGE player is gone.

Reuben Randle was a big loss offensively. Mettenberger, he's gonna have to prove it on the field.

I still Alabama is better than what people give them (I know we're #2 in the polls). Difference from 2010 will be is we played more young players this past season so we have more experience depth wise.

To me it's the SEC's to lose. The only way the SEC doesn't win the National Title is if we beat each other and knock each other out of the race. Conference is loaded.

jdavionic 08-27-2012 17:56

AND...Here we go...
http://static.moviefanatic.com/image...here-we-go.png