Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introduction Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=275)
-   -   My first Glock - 30sf (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1434496)

jgeng 07-27-2012 12:20

My first Glock - 30sf
 
Greetings from North Carolina. Just purchased my first Glock last week - a Glock 30sf. I managed to get to the range and put around a 100 rounds through the pistol. Now I'm wondering why I waited so long to buy a Glock.

Bring_it! 07-27-2012 12:41

Congratulations. Nice choice.
:wavey:

bmoore 07-27-2012 13:40

Nice choice. Sell that 45 upper and buy a 10mm upper and you will be in business.

larson1122 07-27-2012 13:57

Welcome!

GLOCK17DB9 07-27-2012 14:37

Welcome and congrats. nice gun you'll enjoy it.:supergrin:

bac1023 07-27-2012 15:26

:welcome: and congrats

Raven1967 07-27-2012 16:29

:welcome:

avenues165 07-27-2012 20:56

Welcome to GT!

The G30sf is a pistol I hope to own one day. Great choice, can't go wrong with the all-american .45 acp.

Check out some of the conversions you can do with your G30. One thing I love about Glocks is their versatility. Not saying you need to switch from the .45, I just find it is good to have options.

jph02 07-28-2012 06:30

:welcome:

Wnorton 07-28-2012 06:34

I hope to buy the same this weekend. I'm visiting Portland and my son and I plan on attending the gumshoe on Sunday.

Fingers crossed. I also have my eye on the comparable M&P. So we will see.



Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mymini40 07-28-2012 08:32

Welcome th GT!

alwaysshootin 07-28-2012 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgeng (Post 19241733)
Greetings from North Carolina. Just purchased my first Glock last week - a Glock 30sf. I managed to get to the range and put around a 100 rounds through the pistol. Now I'm wondering why I waited so long to buy a Glock.

I think a lot of us did, I know I did. Congrats on the 30! Kind of makes you wonder why anyone would buy any other 45ACP, don't it? 10 rounds, in a light weight, super accurate, firearm, that can take 13 round magazines. Rhetorical question, I know, there are prettier, and more nostalgic firearms, that some prefer, Brian, cough, cough.:wavey:

avenues165 07-28-2012 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysshootin (Post 19244664)
I think a lot of us did, I know I did. Congrats on the 30! Kind of makes you wonder why anyone would buy any other 45ACP, don't it? 10 rounds, in a light weight, super accurate, firearm, that can take 13 round magazines. Rhetorical question, I know, there are prettier, and more nostalgic firearms, that some prefer, Brian, cough, cough.:wavey:

Everyone says this about the Glock .45s. I have never been a big fan of the .45 (I do respect it), but I very rarely see anything negative spoken about Glock .45s.

My father-in-law is a big .45 fan. If y'all keep this up, he may get his wish and see me packin' a .45:supergrin:

jgeng 07-28-2012 15:17

Thanks for all the welcome(s) and comments
 
Thanks for all the welcome(s) and comments.

oily_oink 07-29-2012 09:48

:welcome: From Michigan!

USSOCOM 07-30-2012 01:24

Excellent choice in pistols and welcome to the forum.

Rob1109 08-09-2012 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLOCK17DB9 (Post 19242114)
Welcome and congrats. nice gun you'll enjoy it.:supergrin:

I tried to post this question separately w/o success. Since you have "a bunch" of Glocks perhaps you can advise. I have 3 1911's which I don't carry 'cuz of size/weight. Since I got my G26 I don't carry my G19. I'm now thinking about the G30SF, always had a fondness for the .45.

You opinion would be welcome. Thanks in advance. Best.

DakotaGlockGuy 08-09-2012 20:35

My FIRST Glock, too!
 
The 30sf is an AWESOME gun. Very reliable, accurate, and absolutely outstanding for home defense/CCW.

While you think the stock version is perfection, click on the G30sf in my sig if you ever need some ideas!

Congrats on a great gun!

jgeng 08-09-2012 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dakota Shooter (Post 19290683)
The 30sf is an AWESOME gun. Very reliable, accurate, and absolutely outstanding for home defense/CCW.

While you think the stock version is perfection, click on the G30sf in my sig if you ever need some ideas!

Congrats on a great gun!

I had seen the pictures in another post. Very nice looking Glock. Looks like they did a great customizing job.

ca survivor 08-10-2012 08:23

:welcome:

g30sfjeepguy 08-10-2012 20:28

welcome and congrats the 30sf wass my fist glock also i love everything about it.

Rob1109 08-11-2012 08:54

After reading all the posts I couldn't stand it any longer, so I pulled the trigger! Ordered extra mags. Interested to know if anyone had experience with the Clip Draw thingy that replaces the firing pin/extractor plate at the rear of the slide? It's attached to a new plate and lays down the side of the slide just below the ejection port. Turns the pistol into a sort of clip on gun. I like the less-is-more philosophy. Will try to find a picture.

http://Www.rockyourglock.com/custom/...sky-glbbl2.htm

Love the G30SF, not the weight, or the thickness, but if I want the .45 that's the trade off. Tried 20 rounds before I left the gun shop. Typically flawless!

Nutt51 08-11-2012 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoore (Post 19241969)
Nice choice. Sell that 45 upper and buy a 10mm upper and you will be in business.

Keep the .45 and get the 29 upper and have the best of both.

Welcome, J man. and as far as getting you first Glock,
as they say, Better late than never.
Enjoy that 30sf, if you are like many others and me, it won't be
your last Glock purchase.

nomadrider 08-11-2012 20:49

Hello from the Adirondacks Mountains of New York State.

jgeng 08-11-2012 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutt51 (Post 19295683)
Keep the .45 and get the 29 upper and have the best of both.

Welcome, J man. and as far as getting you first Glock,
as they say, Better late than never.
Enjoy that 30sf, if you are like many others and me, it won't be
your last Glock purchase.

Thanks! I have already purchased a second Glock last week - a Glock 19 gen 4. I just got to take it to the range today. It's a nice pistol also, but I like the Glock 30sf better. I'll alternate the two at the range and save a little money on ammo.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 16:32.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.