Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Time to Get an LE6920? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1434409)

The_Gun_Guru 07-26-2012 20:59

Time to Get an LE6920?
 
I know, I sold my RRA LAR-15 so I could buy more AKs, but is it time to get back in the AR game and get a Colt LE6920?


I guess I could always sell it if I don't like it or if I find something else I want more.

Thoughts?


Thanks!:wavey:

TGG

fnfalman 07-26-2012 21:36

Just don't buy a black one because you shouldn't judge a gun by its color.

The_Gun_Guru 07-26-2012 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 19240000)
Just don't buy a black one because you shouldn't judge a gun by its color.

That's a good idea, the black one's probably don't work:whistling:


TGG

GTS197 07-26-2012 21:56

To avoid any racial epitaths, I got mine in FDE. They're more accurate anyway.....

http://images1.snapfish.com/23232323...54442339nu0mrj

jb1911 07-27-2012 05:10

Once you go black, you never go back. Here's mine:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7127/7...2e705764_b.jpg

SCSU74 07-27-2012 05:27

Love mine. Have a few thousand rounds through it without an issue. Can you find cheaper options? Probably, but i love my 6920 haha


Sent from my iPhone... which probably auto-corrected something wrong

plouffedaddy 07-27-2012 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTS197 (Post 19240085)
To avoid any racial epitaths, I got mine in FDE. They're more accurate anyway.....

http://images1.snapfish.com/23232323...54442339nu0mrj

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...s/IMAG1338.jpg

Much more accurate....


Back to your OP---I think the prices will keep going up as demand for firearms keeps going up. If you're thinking about it I'd pick one up because if you don't my guess is you'll be kicking yourself a year from now when you end up paying $100-200 more. :dunno:

The_Gun_Guru 07-27-2012 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by plouffedaddy (Post 19240671)
you'll be kicking yourself a year from now when you end up paying $100-200 more. :dunno:



I was estimating more like $400 - $600 a year from now.

It's not an easy decision.:dunno:


TGG

4 glocks 07-27-2012 07:26

I bought a Colt 6920 about a month ago. I have had a Colt Sp1 from the mid 1980's.
Researching on the net prices were all over the place from $1,050 to $1,600.

bac1023 07-27-2012 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru (Post 19240879)
I was estimating more like $400 - $600 a year from now.

It's not an easy decision.:dunno:


TGG

They will almost certainly be going up considerably.

ARs are not my thing, but even I have considered one.

Glock40man 07-27-2012 10:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1023 (Post 19241408)
They will almost certainly be going up considerably.

:agree:

4 glocks 07-27-2012 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1023 (Post 19241408)
They will almost certainly be going up considerably.

ARs are not my thing, but even I have considered one.


If demand increases above supply then prices will go up.
We have all seen that happen.

Bac I have never seen you post any pic but handguns that I remember.

The_Gun_Guru 07-27-2012 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bac1023 (Post 19241408)
They will almost certainly be going up considerably.

ARs are not my thing, but even I have considered one.

bac, I agree, ARs are not my thing either - everyone knows I love AKs instead.

I'm just wondering if it would be a wise investment or a foolish move.:dunno:


Still debating.


TGG

The_Gun_Guru 07-27-2012 13:16

See new thread!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1434507




:banana:




TGG

bmoore 07-27-2012 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Gun_Guru (Post 19239863)
, but is it time to get back in the AR game and get a Colt LE6920?




:

TGG


No, its time to get back in the AR game with a mid length.

EDIT- cancel that, I see you snagged the Colt. Can't go wrong with a Colt.

The_Gun_Guru 07-27-2012 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmoore (Post 19241988)
No, its time to get back in the AR game with a mid length.

EDIT- cancel that, I see you snagged the Colt. Can't go wrong with a Colt.

Thanks!

I see what you're saying but for me it's either the M4 or the 20" full length. I never liked the look of the mid-length.


TGG

Restless28 07-27-2012 16:30

I had to buy one myself. I went with the FDE in the name of racial unity.

Now, point me in the right direction for some ammo!

Raven1967 07-27-2012 16:33

I bought a 6920 FDE a few weeks back as well.

uzimon 07-27-2012 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Restless28 (Post 19242446)
I had to buy one myself. I went with the FDE in the name of racial unity.

Now, point me in the right direction for some ammo!

palmetto state armory pmc bronze on sale $6.50/20 ships free

aguila
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.as...m_medium=email

CJStudent 07-27-2012 21:43

I just got a SP6920 (identical to the LE, other than rollmarks) last week, though I haven't had the chance to take it to the range. Frankly, I think it's the best AR for the money out there (I paid $1100 for mine). You're going to be hard-pressed to find another mil-spec AR any cheaper than that.

Tim151515 07-27-2012 21:45

Just picked one up today!

mixflip 07-27-2012 22:31

With the recent shootings in Colorado that are sparking DC to rethink the 1994 AWB and the upcomming elections... I think it would be a great investment to pick up an AR15 for sure.

I bought mine specifically as a "pre-ban" to the election and the shootings in Colorado just solidified my decision.

I got my 6920... I hope ya'll get yours.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...p/DSCN5875.jpg

jb1911 07-28-2012 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixflip (Post 19243813)
With the recent shootings in Colorado that are sparking DC to rethink the 1994 AWB and the upcomming elections... I think it would be a great investment to pick up an AR15 for sure.

I bought mine specifically as a "pre-ban" to the election and the shootings in Colorado just solidified my decision.

I got my 6920... I hope ya'll get yours.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...p/DSCN5875.jpg

Nice! What optic is that?

mixflip 07-29-2012 04:50

Its a Primary Arms micro red dot. I think it cost me about $130 total including the QD lever style riser. I have had great performance out of it so far at my level of shooting (which isnt too hard core btw).

skeeter7 07-29-2012 07:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixflip (Post 19243813)
With the recent shootings in Colorado that are sparking DC to rethink the 1994 AWB and the upcomming elections... I think it would be a great investment to pick up an AR15 for sure.

I bought mine specifically as a "pre-ban" to the election and the shootings in Colorado just solidified my decision.

I got my 6920... I hope ya'll get yours.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...p/DSCN5875.jpg


I got one because mixflip got one. :rofl: He started a thread about his and he put me over the edge because I had been wanting to get one for a while. I opted to go with the lightweight barrel and got the 6720. Never plan on putting a grenade launcher on mine.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.