Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Valuable Info (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=169)
-   -   Glock frame styles, or "What generation is my Glock?" (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1416938)

DJ Niner 04-22-2012 00:15

Glock frame styles, or "What generation is my Glock?"
 
Work in progress -- this is a first attempt at updating Butch's famous "Glock frame generations" image.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/7...ramesv1q10.jpg

pureform1278 04-25-2012 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Niner (Post 18877212)
Work in progress -- this is a first attempt at updating Butch's famous "Glock frame generations" image.

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/7...ramesv1q10.jpg


Dont forget Gen 2.5

DJ Niner 04-25-2012 21:06

Yeah, I'm not sure how I'm going to handle that one. Technically, the smooth-groove fingergroove frames came BEFORE the checkered-groove frames, which would make them the "normal" Gen3 frame and the slightly modified (and now far more common) checkered-groove frames the Gen3.5. However, that's not how most folks refer to them, and the smooth-groove frames aren't very common, so the issue probably won't come up very often.

If they use the photo above to try to I.D. one, I'm guessing they will (correctly) assume that it is a third-generation frame of some sort, and that will be enough for most folks. I think I know a friend-of-a-friend who owns a smooth-groove subcompact, and I may just cover the 2.5/3.5 issue when I add some photos of the subcompact variations later on down the road. The subject might be easier to address with the subcompacts, as they don't have as many variations as the full-size guns.

Thanks for the input!

iflyem1 04-25-2012 23:01

Nice job putting this together. Should help people out.

mikems 10-15-2012 21:37

cool pic, great reference!

noway 11-14-2012 04:06

I have 2.5Gen 10mm/45acp frame made in Austria and a low G2XXX digit Serial number. IIRC made for German market.

You talkin about rare :tongueout:

DJ Niner 11-15-2012 00:33

Better frame generation photo can be seen in this thread (also here at Glock Talk):

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1418527

You can also see other interesting Glock photos in that thread, although nothing as rare as your Glock, noway!

dbrnn6 01-05-2014 10:17

I traded my g26 for a gen2 glock 19 because
the grip was to small I added a grip extention which pretty much turned it into a g19 anyway.but the other person wanted the 26.
not realizing the 19 was so much older I made the trade.. is there a $ value difference between these two ?? Were there any problems with the gen2 g19 the need to be taken care of? Or is the difference only with the grip?
The serial # is a BWN which I could not find any info about..I emailed glock to find out more info about it. Ive seen a few members were also looking for info about sn with BWN*** have any of you found any info yet?

SmithietheFox 01-05-2014 10:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbrnn6 (Post 20897589)
I traded my g26 for a gen2 glock 19 because
the grip was to small I added a grip extention which pretty much turned it into a g19 anyway.but the other person wanted the 26.
not realizing the 19 was so much older I made the trade.. is there a $ value difference between these two ?? Were there any problems with the gen2 g19 the need to be taken care of? Or is the difference only with the grip?
The serial # is a BWN which I could not find any info about..I emailed glock to find out more info about it. Ive seen a few members were also looking for info about sn with BWN*** have any of you found any info yet?

I don't believe your 26 for 19 swap was a bad one especially if the 26 was too small for your hands. Many shooters (myself included) like the older Gen 2 guns and your 19 (BWN-prefix) appears to be mfg around April 1996.

dbrnn6 01-05-2014 11:53

Thanks smithie.may I ask , where did you find the info on my sn ?
This is the closest I could find. It was here on GT

BW**** G-19 2.0 1988-10-01

Now i dont know if the N on my BWN is of any significance and id like to read your referance..
My main concern is to make sure there wasnt any recalls that werent addressed prior to me owning it.
I did email glock and im waiting for a response

SmithietheFox 01-05-2014 12:17

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1445829

dbrnn6 01-05-2014 14:22

BW**** G-19 2.0 1988-10-01

Pardon my annoyance smithie but I looked over that thread twice and could not find what you are reffering to.. this is the closest I could find to my BWN###.
And it is years apart from what you found

SmithietheFox 01-05-2014 14:46

If it is the 2 letter prefix it is 1988, 3 letter 1996. The April '96 approx is assuming you have a 3-letter prefix (BWN), not a 2 (BW).

dbrnn6 01-05-2014 15:01

Yes its the 3 letter BWN thanks for your help.

batman4706 01-06-2014 05:13

Glock 27
 
How does this apply to Glock 26 & 27?

I have a 27 with plain front strap serial CMS***US.

dbrnn6 01-06-2014 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by batman4706 (Post 20900165)
How does this apply to Glock 26 & 27?

I have a 27 with plain front strap serial CMS***US.



From what ive learned here. Yours is a gen3 glock 27 made in 2000

batman4706 01-06-2014 08:39

G27
 
Thanks, that sounds like about the time I bought.

SmithietheFox 01-06-2014 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by batman4706 (Post 20900165)
How does this apply to Glock 26 & 27?

I have a 27 with plain front strap serial CMS***US.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1445829

See above link.

floored 01-07-2014 17:07

hey thanks for the reference

PA30s 02-26-2014 05:18

So I believe the G30s I have is a Gen 3.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.