Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Firearms Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   SIG SP2022, who likes it? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1403913)

clogspecialist 02-23-2012 21:08

SIG SP2022, who likes it?
 
I am in the market for a new modern handgun and am liking the sig pro 2022 in .40s&w. I almost bought one a couple years ago and am thinking about making the leap. Only thing that scares me is the 3.86in barrel length. So if anyone has any opinion or insight on the .40cal sp2022 i'd love to hear it. Also can it handle hundreds of +p loads?

happy shooting, be safe

Havasu 02-23-2012 21:41

I have one in 9mm and think it's a teriffic weapon. One of the better polymer pistols. Sorry I can't speak from experience on the .40, but see no reason to think it's any different than my 9.

oldnoob 02-23-2012 22:26

I had two. I got one early German finish with med grip. I liked so much decided to try to small grip. But instead buying a $20 grip, I end up with a 2nd 2022 with small grip. :supergrin:

They are good, reliable pistols. But I dislike the later Nitron finish. And the small grip did not fit my hand as well as the med grip.

2022 it's rated for +P, so worry not.

oldnoob 02-23-2012 22:26

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1.../Sig2022x2.jpg

RowdyatHeart 02-23-2012 22:46

Great pistol value. Overbuilt and will last a long time. Sig knows how to build soft shooting .40's.

stopatrain 02-23-2012 23:07

Nice pistol for sure.

Sammael 02-24-2012 03:24

Love mine. Buying another one tomorrow, as a matter of fact.

bac1023 02-24-2012 04:37

:mememe:

I like mine quite a bit. :)

arclight610 02-24-2012 09:16

I just got a 9mm SP2022 a few weeks ago. It's a great pistol. After a little bit of breaking in, my trigger is AMAZING.

up1911fan 02-24-2012 11:45

One of the best deals on a new gun out there. Highly under-rated.

up1911fan 02-24-2012 11:48

Great value pistol.

cbroth 02-24-2012 17:46

I don't have a SP2022, but have an SP2009 and SP2340 in .357sig and love them both.

clogspecialist 02-26-2012 01:02

How is accuracy? i am talking at a decent range like 25yds? i have heard only good things. Also i will most likely be swapping my G20 for this handgun because the glock's grip is too large for my medium-sized hands to accurately use. So i figure this smaller double-stack .40 grip should fit me well with the proper sizers attached.

cowboy1964 02-26-2012 01:46

If I needed a quality mid-size pistol for $400 or less, the 2022 would be at or near the top of the list.

WarEagle32 02-26-2012 02:10

Just about everyone who has one tha I know loves theirs!

oldnoob 02-26-2012 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by clogspecialist (Post 18632289)
How is accuracy? i am talking at a decent range like 25yds? i have heard only good things. Also i will most likely be swapping my G20 for this handgun because the glock's grip is too large for my medium-sized hands to accurately use. So i figure this smaller double-stack .40 grip should fit me well with the proper sizers attached.

2022 is as accurate as any other service pistol.

As much as I recommend 2022, I do not suggest you to trade in your G20 for 2022. Not until you try out the 2022 in person and really have your heart set on it.

clogspecialist 02-26-2012 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldnoob (Post 18633205)
2022 is as accurate as any other service pistol.

As much as I recommend 2022, I do not suggest you to trade in your G20 for 2022. Not until you try out the 2022 in person and really have your heart set on it.

Yes you are right, it would be a gamble at the least. My immediate attractions to the pistol are

1-I hear it is VERY accurate for such a short barrel
2-the grip is most definently going to be easier to wrap my hands around (with proper sizer attached)
3- .40S&W is most definently cheaper and easier to find than 10mm auto, and would be plenty of stopping power against an attacker (or food (deer of course) when Schit hits the fan)
4-although there is no possible way it could be as reliable as a Glock, i have heard in terms of durability, and reliability, they are vvvvvvery close

clogspecialist 02-26-2012 23:24

Hmm i guess i should somehow track down someone who has a .40 sp2022 and convince them to let me shoot it?

oldnoob 02-27-2012 00:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by clogspecialist (Post 18636742)
Yes you are right, it would be a gamble at the least. My immediate attractions to the pistol are

1-I hear it is VERY accurate for such a short barrel
2-the grip is most definently going to be easier to wrap my hands around (with proper sizer attached)
3- .40S&W is most definently cheaper and easier to find than 10mm auto, and would be plenty of stopping power against an attacker (or food (deer of course) when Schit hits the fan)
4-although there is no possible way it could be as reliable as a Glock, i have heard in terms of durability, and reliability, they are vvvvvvery close

1) don't worry about the stock pistol's accuracy. I can promise you both Glock or Sig will be more accurate than you are.

3) don't forget you can always convert your G20 to 40s&w by getting a conversion barrel. It will be cheaper than buying a new gun and avoid trader's remorse.

4) both my Sig 2022s and all 3 of my Glocks have perfect record in reliability department.

oldnoob 02-27-2012 00:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by clogspecialist (Post 18636745)
Hmm i guess i should somehow track down someone who has a .40 sp2022 and convince them to let me shoot it?

Check your local range to see if they have one for rental. Or ask members near you. If you live close to me, I would be happy to let you try out my 2022 (though it's in 9mm).

branned 02-27-2012 01:27

For the $$$ the SIG SP2022 in .40S&W is the best buy.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

NCWalrus 04-20-2012 15:12

I love mine

Have it in 9mm and put 750 rounds thru it no problem. Blazer Brass, Blazer Aluminum and Federal Champion

Does anyone else notice the frame scratches incredibly easy?

NCWalrus 04-20-2012 15:56

Also does anyone know of any good OC holsters for the SP2022?

TSAX 04-20-2012 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldnoob (Post 18623335)

Love these guns, CDNN just send something saying they were on sale for $369. What a gun, hell what a value.










:50cal:

NCWalrus 04-20-2012 16:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSA (Post 18871423)
Love these guns, CDNN just send something saying they were on sale for $369. What a gun, hell what a value.

:50cal:

That is one hell of a deal. I got mine with night sights for $490 after shipping transfer etc

Very under-rated handgun


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:18.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.