Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Open Carry thoughts (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1401920)

RussP 02-22-2012 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by G30Mike (Post 18617085)
This is one of the many OC bills that are currently in the MO house and Senate right now. A couple of them are assigned to Committees and are still going through the process.

The only other OC oriented bill is SB680 which repeals authority for political subdivisions to regulate open carrying of firearms and requires certain local ordinances incorporate statutory justifications.

Here is the list of bills in both Houses dealing with firearms - 96th General Assembly, 2nd Regular Session - Bills Indexed by Subject - FIREARMS AND FIREWORKS.

G30Mike 02-22-2012 18:45

Oops, maybe I meant to say firearms bills. Personally I'm supporting and hoping for HB 680 to pass. This bill would give us true preemtion across the state.

MoneyMaker 02-22-2012 19:08

Proposed Effective Date:8/28/2012LR Number:4202L.02ILast Action:2/21/2012 - HCS Voted Do Pass (H

like i said i dont watch this so at this level it shows it passed if i read it right,but does it go elswhere now for more talk ?

Jake Starr 02-22-2012 21:22

Quote:

Do you ticket the person who made the call ?
If OC is legal then yes. Person who made call was disturbing the peace.

TBO 02-22-2012 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Starr (Post 18618536)

Can you substantiate that charge, statutorily?

razdog76 02-23-2012 04:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Starr (Post 18618536)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheeBadOne (Post 18618575)
Can you substantiate that charge, statutorily?

Jake, that is the dilemma we face. While the person exercising their right to OC, when their otherwise legal actions cause someone to call the police (inconvenience, alarm...) it is usually called disorderly conduct.

When people speak to a dispatcher, what the reporting party actually saw, then told the dispatcher, then had the dispatcher relay that to officers on the street is frequently different.

You can saw who cares, I am exercising my right, just understand you will be caught in the rift of misunderstanding until things are sorted out.

Steve in PA 02-23-2012 06:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by razdog76 (Post 18619275)
Jake, that is the dilemma we face. While the person exercising their right to OC, when their otherwise legal actions cause someone to call the police (inconvenience, alarm...) it is usually called disorderly conduct.

Whoa. How can a legal action be disorderly conduct???

So a person is "alarmed" by the sight of another person legally carrying a firearm. The person carrying did nothing wrong, broke no law, etc. That fact that the other person is "alarmed" is tough cookies. That person needs to be enlightened on the law.

What if a person is walking down the street dressed like Gene Simmons, Marilyn Manson or in gothic garb?? Do you now sight that person with DC, because the other person is alarmed???

whitebread 02-23-2012 07:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoogieHowser (Post 18615610)
I wish we could OC during hunting season, we can only CC when hunting with another firearm.

That is crazy! Hunting is the only time I OC - if being mauled by an animal or attacked by a pissed off hunter, you want the quickest possible access to your sidearm.

razdog76 02-23-2012 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve in PA (Post 18619580)
Whoa. How can a legal action be disorderly conduct???

So a person is "alarmed" by the sight of another person legally carrying a firearm. The person carrying did nothing wrong, broke no law, etc. That fact that the other person is "alarmed" is tough cookies. That person needs to be enlightened on the law.

What if a person is walking down the street dressed like Gene Simmons, Marilyn Manson or in gothic garb?? Do you now sight that person with DC, because the other person is alarmed???

It depends, yelling fire is perfectly legal, and in some instances encouraged; however, could be construed not only as being disorderly, but could be a felony (Inducing Panic ORC 2917.31).

C'mon, you know as well as I do there will be no true enlightenment, it is pointless. Both parties were completely within their bounds.

I will point out though, that nobody would have been alarmed, and called if it was never on display in the first place.:tbo: