Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Black Rifle Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Just put the finishing touches on my first AR! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1392223)

mrgreentie 01-04-2012 08:18

Just put the finishing touches on my first AR!

I just put the last touches on my new AR-15!!!

You can check it out here: Noveske Rogue Hunter 18" (3-gun/2-gun AR)

I plan on using this for 2 and 3 gun matches. It comes in under 9lbs with everything on it, which I love. I'm working on a load now. I went to the range this weekend and shot a few hand-loads but no magic recipe yet.

I did have a chance to run with it in a 2-gun match a few weeks ago and it ran flawless. I added a Magpul BAD lever and don't know how anyone runs an AR without one.

Eurodriver 01-04-2012 08:42

That looks like a very functional 3 gun setup.

UniversalBrow06 01-04-2012 08:44

Congrats! I have the same upper and absolutely love it. I like the Noveske catelogue that came with it too. I'm curious, what made you choose the Rogue Hunter over the NST?

mrgreentie 01-04-2012 08:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by UniversalBrow06 (Post 18382684)
I'm curious, what made you choose the Rogue Hunter over the NST?

I had done a ton of research and had narrowed it down to the Larue OBR and the Noveske Rogue Hunter. Ultimately the guy at the gun shop gave me a deal I could not refuse on the Noveske (I paid $1500 out the door for it. BRAND NEW!)

GlockGuy2 01-04-2012 11:44

Very nice, how do you like the Vortex?

mrgreentie 01-04-2012 12:30

I love the Vortex.

I gave myself a $1k budget and test drove all the mainstream optics out there and still ended up with the lowly $499 optic :) . In the end the Vortex had all the options I wanted MOA/MOA reticle, Illuminated reticle, 1-4x magnification,tactical turrets for easy windage and elevation adjustments, a reticle able to range with and use for quick holdover without having to touch the turrets. The lifetime warranty was icing on the cake. I've shot about 500 rounds through it so far and dropped it once or twice :) and the zero is holding strong. The glass is super clear as well.

Can't say enough good things about the Vortex Viper PST.

Made Man 01-04-2012 18:36

Nice rifle.

Boxerglocker 01-04-2012 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgreentie (Post 18383681)
I love the Vortex.

I gave myself a $1k budget and test drove all the mainstream optics out there and still ended up with the lowly $499 optic :) . In the end the Vortex had all the options I wanted MOA/MOA reticle, Illuminated reticle, 1-4x magnification,tactical turrets for easy windage and elevation adjustments, a reticle able to range with and use for quick holdover without having to touch the turrets. The lifetime warranty was icing on the cake. I've shot about 500 rounds through it so far and dropped it once or twice :) and the zero is holding strong. The glass is super clear as well.

Can't say enough good things about the Vortex Viper PST.

:agree: I got the exact same Vortex set-up for my DDM4 and love it.

bruzer 01-04-2012 18:57

Excellent.
Mike