Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Snubbie Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=199)
-   -   New 442 (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1382133)

happyguy 11-17-2011 16:50

New 442
 
I haven't owned a snubbie since I traded off my M36 about 15 years ago.

I picked up a 442 today at the LGS, took it to the range and put 100 rounds of WWB through it, loaded it up with PDX1 130 grain +P, and can't wipe the smile off my face. It is in my jeans pocket as I type this and will go to work with me tomorrow as my backup.:supergrin:

Regards,
ReallyHappyguy :)

Chup 11-17-2011 18:30

good choice

2740dmx 11-18-2011 18:17

Good one!

I just picked up some PDX 38+P for my new 340 M&P no lock, and am anxious to see how they feel.

Gonna try the .357 Gold Dot short barrel too...they felt fine in my Ruger SP101, but that was alot heavier than this 340!

I need a 442 as well...carry both the 340 and the 442...no need for a reload!

Providence 11-19-2011 09:32

Got my 442 a couple of weeks ago, and I'm very happy to have it. My wife is right now out, and she is carrying it.

happyguy 11-19-2011 17:58

What is the difference between a 442-1 no lock and a 442-2 no lock?


Regards,
Happyguy :)

the perfesser 11-19-2011 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyguy (Post 18181671)
What is the difference between a 442-1 no lock and a 442-2 no lock?


Regards,
Happyguy :)

The 442-2 is rated for +P ammo.

happyguy 11-20-2011 05:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by the perfesser (Post 18182395)
The 442-2 is rated for +P ammo.

My new 442-1 says +P on the barrel and has a fired casing from September of this year. :headscratch: :dunno:

Regards,
Happyguy :)

the perfesser 11-20-2011 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyguy (Post 18183255)
My new 442-1 says +P on the barrel and has a fired casing from September of this year. :headscratch: :dunno:

Regards,
Happyguy :)

That is very interesting -- I guess I was operating under hearsay! Can we assume that all 442-2s are rated for +P?

In any event -- your question is not yet answered.

DubfromGA 02-07-2012 16:22

My 442 is my most carried weapon.


http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...-56-58_642.jpg

pizza_pablo 08-17-2012 13:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyguy (Post 18181671)
What is the difference between a 442-1 no lock and a 442-2 no lock?


Regards,
Happyguy :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by the perfesser (Post 18182395)
The 442-2 is rated for +P ammo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by happyguy (Post 18183255)
My new 442-1 says +P on the barrel and has a fired casing from September of this year. :headscratch: :dunno:

Regards,
Happyguy

Quote:

Originally Posted by the perfesser (Post 18185412)
That is very interesting -- I guess I was operating under hearsay! Can we assume that all 442-2s are rated for +P?

In any event -- your question is not yet answered.

I have been researching the snot out of snubs, lately.
LCR or S&W??? :dunno::faint:

Anyways...from reading other forums, it seems that the -2 was supposed to be the lock model, but S&W is not particular about frame numbering. Some report having a -2 with the 'L' and arrow, but no lock hole. Others report having a -2 with the 'L' and arrow, and 'silk screen' for the lock hole, but no actual hole, while still others report having a -2 with no signs of a lock. :wavey:

CharlestonG26 08-18-2012 07:30

I have a 442-2 and it does not have the dreaded frame lock.

FWIW, I've found that the Crimson Tace lg-405 lasergrip (in addition to improving accuracy) greatly reduces felt recoil without compromising concealment.

eazyrhino 08-22-2012 19:02

I have a new 442 -1 pro series no lock and moon clips. The barrel and cylinder are stainless but is all black finished and it's sweeeeet!

wjv 08-28-2012 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlestonG26 (Post 19320271)
I've found that the Crimson Tace lg-405 lasergrip (in addition to improving accuracy) greatly reduces felt recoil without compromising concealment.

+100
Same here. . .

Lt Scott 14 08-28-2012 14:59

I have had mine for 12 yrs. No issues, and carried EDC. Usually pocket, but sometimes in a Don Hume IWB.
Enjoy.

im413 09-11-2012 20:25

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

ca survivor 09-12-2012 10:34

Congrats.

DonGlock26 09-12-2012 10:44

Good choice! I love mine.

xrmattaz 09-12-2012 11:42

My 442 (with the lock) is my most carried/shot firearm, it's never failed me.

Try some Buffalo Bore Heavy 158gr. LSWHP, it'll impress you!

Hunter8 09-12-2012 16:59

Grips
 
DubfromGA what grips are those? I just got my 442 on saturday!!!

rv4driver 09-12-2012 18:38

I thought I was losing it, and the 442 was a performance Oldsmobile!
So, I checked, and I was right!

Not saying the "442" y'all are talking about isn't special, but check out olds 442 on google!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:13.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.