Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lone Wolf Distributors Forum (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=269)
-   -   Question of 9mm Timberwolf frame (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1353157)

C0untZer0 07-01-2011 09:15

Question of 9mm Timberwolf frame

Is the distance from the trigger to the back of the grip at the ver top of the Timberwolf 9mm frame a shorter distance than a Glock G17 or G34 frame?

I'm talking about the top - basically trigger reach, from the web of your hand to the trigger.

It seems that the adjustable grip feature of the Timberwolf frame does't start until lower on the grip - below where my right thumb would be.

I am realizing that my problem with the Glock grip is that it doesn't fit well in the web of my hand, and the first joint of my right hand tend to slide around and behind the bore line. So, that first joint is getting pounded, having a lot of kinetic energy delivered into it with each shot and my thimb hurts after each session. I think it also may be getting torqued a little bit just because the Glock grip is a little too think for my hand.

I am wondering if the Timberwolf frame is any different dimensionally that high on the pistol - basically just below the rear frame, or straight back from the trigger.

LoneWolfMarketing 07-01-2011 11:46

Here's the dimensions that I have on the Timberwolf

Thickness : 1.147” at the trigger housing pin
1.157” just above the magwell

Depth: 1.96” at middle finger groove
1.89” at the ring finger groove
1.83” at the pinky finger groove

C0untZer0 07-01-2011 13:20

Thanks,

Going down to the hardware store to get a caliper to measure my G34 - I've needed one for a while anyway...

C0untZer0 07-02-2011 11:31

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for doing this leg work.

The other measurement I am looking for is length between the trigger and the backstrap.

The Timberwolf frame has a shorter lenght where the middle finger is located - the Glock has a 2.156"

I am interested in the distance from the trigger to the backstrap (I should have included a photo before. This is the main factor in me being able to get my thumb joint on the other side of the bore axis and still have enough finger on the trigger that I have good follow through on my shots.

On the Glock it is 2.7813"

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/atta...1&d=1309627062

BTW

LoneWolfMarketing 07-05-2011 10:56

Ok so I put the calipers in the trigger pin hole and then on the edge where the trigger safety stops on top of the trigger shoe...

With trigger not depressed I got 2.52" and with the trigger depressed I got 2.28"

Thanks

C0untZer0 07-05-2011 11:32

I think the Timberwolf frame has a shorter distance from the backstrap to the trigger.

That is going to give me a better grip - specifically, I'll be able to get the 1st joint of my thumb over on the left side of the pistol and out from being directly behind the pistol.

Thanks so much for doing the legwork on this.

LoneWolfMarketing 07-05-2011 11:47

No problem, hope to get a timberwolf in your hands soon!

oldtexan 08-13-2011 13:27

After reading through this thread a couple of times, I believe that CountZero and Lone WolfMarketing are not measuring the same places on the two frames in question.

If I understood CountZero correctly, I believe that he indicated that he got a measurement of about 2.78" from the face of the trigger to the rear face of the backstrap on a 3rd gen g34. When LoneWolfMarketing described how he measured the Timberwolf, it sounds to me as if he went from the trigger face to the trigger housing pin, not to the rear face of the backstrapand got 2.52"(with the trigger forward).

Am I mistaken?

Is it possible to get a measurement from the trigger face to the rear face of the backstrap on the Timberwolf?

C0untZer0 08-14-2011 21:14

You should be able to measure it. This is basically the distance that your trigger finger has to reach while the pistol is in the web of your shooting hand. The back of the grip to the trigger face.

oldtexan 08-15-2011 09:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by C0untZer0 (Post 17777614)
You should be able to measure it. This is basically the distance that your trigger finger has to reach while the pistol is in the web of your shooting hand. The back of the grip to the trigger face.

I did measure the distance on my 3rd Gen G19s and G34s and got the same measurement as you. I don't have a Timberwolf to measure.

The point I was trying to make is that it appears that LoneWolfMarketing was measuring not from the back of the grip, but from the trigger housing pin hole.