Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The 10 Ring (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My New 10mm Load Development Tools (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1348593)

whenmonkeysfly 06-09-2011 16:05

My New 10mm Load Development Tools
 
Hey 10 Ring!

I got the pair of these a couple of weeks ago and just had to share a picture on Glock Talk 10 Ring, because I know how we all love the 10mm! These are Smith & Wesson 610's (6 1/2" Barrel N Frame Revolvers). I added the Silverblack Wood S&W Grips:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...0/DSC00111.jpg

I'm looking forward to doing some 10mm load development and hunting with these boys!

Now I need holsters. Any ideas? Maybe a dual chest rig? :wow:

Taterhead 06-09-2011 16:25

Awesome. The grips are a very nice touch. Gotta get me one (or two apparently) some day.

Have fun. Look forward to range reports.

agtman 06-09-2011 17:37

Congrats ... :perfect10:

... But just remember, these 10mm wheelies love the "heavy & fast" loads ... :cool:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...tman/610-6.jpg

Enjoy ... :cool:

_The_Shadow 06-09-2011 18:32

Very nice pair! No damn Locks!

whenmonkeysfly 06-09-2011 21:45

I plan on feeding them a steady diet of Montana Gold 180 Grain JHP's for target and Hornady 180 Grain XTP's for critters and deer. Hoping to drive them @ = or > 1400fps.

I'm assuming the 610 will handle stout loads easily. Does anyone here have any load data using a 610?

Jitterbug 06-10-2011 07:19

Very nice!

whenmonkeysfly 06-10-2011 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by agtman (Post 17471539)
Congrats ... :perfect10:

... But just remember, these 10mm wheelies love the "heavy & fast" loads ... :cool:

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...tman/610-6.jpg

Enjoy ... :cool:

Nice Agtman! I love the wood grips! One of my 610's came with Hogue Grips and one with the nice SW rosewood grips (?) like yours. I bought the matching Silverblack wood grips thinking they would be a nice touch to the stainless finish.

MinervaDoe 06-10-2011 08:16

Golly, two big revolvers.
Now, who does that remind me of?
Seriously, awesome find. Congratulations.
http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/...e_sam-5237.png

agtman 06-10-2011 08:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by whenmonkeysfly (Post 17473904)
Nice Agtman! I love the wood grips! One of my 610's came with Hogue Grips and one with the nice SW rosewood grips (?) like yours. I bought the matching Silverblack wood grips thinking they would be a nice touch to the stainless finish.


Thanks. Yep, love those grips on your pair of 610s.

Mine's a 1st Gen 6.5" 610 (no dash) and by the serial # it was made early in the first production run, according to S&W's records.

Grips are the originals, RB-style, though it's a N-frame. Not sure on the exact name of the color,though. It also has the fluted cylinder of the 1st Gen 610s. Shoots much better than I do.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...tman/610-5.jpg

:cool:

nickE10mm 06-10-2011 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by whenmonkeysfly (Post 17471161)
Hey 10 Ring!

I got the pair of these a couple of weeks ago and just had to share a picture on Glock Talk 10 Ring, because I know how we all love the 10mm! These are Smith & Wesson 610's (6 1/2" Barrel N Frame Revolvers). I added the Silverblack Wood S&W Grips:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...0/DSC00111.jpg

I'm looking forward to doing some 10mm load development and hunting with these boys!

Now I need holsters. Any ideas? Maybe a dual chest rig? :wow:

NICE!! Sweet snag, buddy!!

Mwinter 06-10-2011 10:13

If memory serves, Hornady loaded some of their 200gr XTP with the 610 in mind. The stuff I bought back in the mid/late 90s clocked at least 150fps faster than the stuff I bought 'round 2005.

My 610 (4") absolutely loved the 200gr Black Talon/SXT...that was the most accurate load I ever tried in it. She's in 10mm heaven now though, along with all my Deltas...sniff sniff.

Great looking blasters. If you get a chance, try the SW Miculek grips on one of 'em.

whenmonkeysfly 06-10-2011 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by agtman (Post 17473936)
Thanks. Yep, love those grips on your pair of 610s.

Mine's a 1st Gen 6.5" 610 (no dash) and by the serial # it was made early in the first production run, according to S&W's records.

Grips are the originals, RB-style, though it's a N-frame. Not sure on the exact name of the color,though. It also has the fluted cylinder of the 1st Gen 610s. Shoots much better than I do.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...tman/610-5.jpg

:cool:

Both of mine are "no dash" 610's. One is supposedly a first generation (according to seller) and I'm not sure about the other one. Neither have the stupid locks (YES!). I'll have to look-up serial #'s to see when they were made.

cigarman454 06-10-2011 10:34

CONGRADULATIONS VERY SWEET. Looks like a lot of fun.

whenmonkeysfly 06-10-2011 11:04

Serial #'s on my 610's are: BFA 574* and BFA 767*. Is there a website I can go to in order to find out when they were made or should I call Smith and Wesson?

agtman 06-11-2011 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by whenmonkeysfly (Post 17474653)
Serial #'s on my 610's are: BFA 574* and BFA 767*. Is there a website I can go to in order to find out when they were made or should I call Smith and Wesson?

To get the exact date, it's best to call S&W. I've done that with all my Smith 10mms.

In the case of my 1076 I also requested an official letter from S&W's Historian, Roy Jenks, certifying it DOB and where it was shipped after production, since it had a pre-fix that was allegedly "within" the serial # range of FBI 1076s.

:cool:

bac1023 06-12-2011 10:43

Very nice

Congrats! :cool:

whenmonkeysfly 06-13-2011 09:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by agtman (Post 17480193)
To get the exact date, it's best to call S&W. I've done that with all my Smith 10mms.

In the case of my 1076 I also requested an official letter from S&W's Historian, Roy Jenks, certifying it DOB and where it was shipped after production, since it had a pre-fix that was allegedly "within" the serial # range of FBI 1076s.

:cool:

Got an email today from Smith & Wesson stating they were both made in 1990. :cool: So it sounds like they fall in the first run batch of 4,560 made between 1989-1992.

mudrush 06-14-2011 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by whenmonkeysfly (Post 17471161)
Hey 10 Ring!

I got the pair of these a couple of weeks ago and just had to share a picture on Glock Talk 10 Ring, because I know how we all love the 10mm! These are Smith & Wesson 610's (6 1/2" Barrel N Frame Revolvers). I added the Silverblack Wood S&W Grips:

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/...0/DSC00111.jpg

I'm looking forward to doing some 10mm load development and hunting with these boys!

Now I need holsters. Any ideas? Maybe a dual chest rig? :wow:

Those are sweet!!!!

21Carrier 06-24-2011 16:24

Any of you 610 owners have your revolvers converted to 10mm Magnum? I just read a few old posts from some guys that had done it. I know it seems like a .41 Magnum, but you can also shoot the 10mm and .40S&W out of the same gun. That would be cool as hell. From what I read, in a 610 reamed to accept 10mm Magnum, accuracy is great with both of the 10mms, and decent with the .40S&W (he said 8" low at 50yds, with 4" groupings).

agtman 06-26-2011 17:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21Carrier (Post 17540349)
Any of you 610 owners have your revolvers converted to 10mm Magnum? I just read a few old posts from some guys that had done it. I know it seems like a .41 Magnum, but you can also shoot the 10mm and .40S&W out of the same gun. That would be cool as hell. From what I read, in a 610 reamed to accept 10mm Magnum, accuracy is great with both of the 10mms, and decent with the .40S&W (he said 8" low at 50yds, with 4" groupings).

I think I read about the same guy, but it was over on 10mmTalk.

This was back when I was researching info on 610-conversions to 10mm Magnum and trying to decide whether I wanted Hamilton Bowen to ream out the cylinders on mine.

Decided against it, though.

:cool:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 00:44.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.