Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Airgun and Paintball Club (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Paintball basics for kids (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1345227)

AndABeer 05-25-2011 08:58

Paintball basics for kids

My son, 12, has been invited to a school-year-end paintball party this Friday. I have warned him that they can sting a bit when they hit you. He tends to have a low tolerance for pain, so I want him to be ready. I will also ask him to keep eye protection on at all times, even when not actually playing.

Any other advice?

eracer 05-25-2011 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndABeer (Post 17398922)
My son, 12, has been invited to a school-year-end paintball party this Friday. I have warned him that they can sting a bit when they hit you. He tends to have a low tolerance for pain, so I want him to be ready. I will also ask him to keep eye protection on at all times, even when not actually playing.

Any other advice?

Go for the defensible high ground.

AndABeer 05-25-2011 10:42

I believe the field they will be using is flat with a bunch of those vinyl covered obstacles so high ground really isn't an option. I was more looking for what he should wear for decent protection from impacts but not so he'll have heat stroke. High of 80 is predicted.

glocksf30 05-25-2011 23:55

Are they using rented guns? If so they should be regulated low pressure. When I use to go o always wore gloves like riding gloves getting hit in your hands suck. Always wear a mask too because of face shots and have exposed skin covered a little is better then nothing.

BicycleDay43 05-26-2011 00:00

Stinging is Airsoft lol. Paintball is more like a crushing bruising feeling lol. And it WILL leave welts.

First time I ever got hit was the back of my neck. Boy did that suck..

mr_fender 06-30-2012 00:52

Paintball = PAINtball (sometimes). It can sting like a ***** if you are hit in your softer bits like the neck and under arms. Full coverage mask is an absolute must. For a first timer, I also would recommend long sleeves, long pants, gloves, and a wrap for the neck. Looser clothes are better than tight clothes too. They slow the paint down before impact. Usually when you're in the thick of it, your adrenaline is pumping and you tend not to notice as much. Public fields will almost always check ball speed with radar before allowing you on the field. Some paintballs are harder than others too. Hits on covered skin are usually not too bad. Hits on bare skin will often leave welts and bruises so keep sensitive parts covered. Depends on the distance from the shooter too. Paintball can be a ton of fun, but safety is important.

mr_fender 06-30-2012 00:59

For a point of reference, take a ruler and smack the inside of your forearm with it fairly hard. That's pretty close to what it feels like to get hit on bare skin. Stings pretty well, but tolerable. It's certainly enough to remind you to watch your ass and use cover wisely.