Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cop Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Passing unused gear along to other GT Cops? (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1310065)

RetailNinja 01-25-2011 22:10

Passing unused gear along to other GT Cops

Eric's only condition is that there are absolutely no sales in this thread.

If you have gear you are not using, please post it up here to help other LEOs/COs out.

To keep the it honest, please PM your department or agency so it can be sent there Care Of/Attention to you. If this won't work for you, let the person with the item know when you PM them

The only conditions:

1)DO NOT SELL GEAR HERE

2) If you are a contributor, please edit your original post rather than making a new post when your items are claimed. Deleting them or use the Strikethrough to show they're gone.

3) Please try to eventually buy said item and pass the freebie along; I know a lot of people who have to put rigs together on shoe string budgets.

4) Please don't make Wanted posts here

Matt45648 01-25-2011 23:40

Id be very interested. there are a few guys that are trying to scrounge up full riggs on their own money. Depending on what youv got i might need something...

trdvet 01-25-2011 23:56

Cool, I bet Cochese will be posting a lot in this thread. :supergrin:

Cochese 01-26-2011 00:08

I'm happy to help out with some gently used items.

Anything I spent an obscene amount of money on recently, I would probably want at least half of what I paid, if in new condition.

:wavey:

Matt45648 01-26-2011 01:39

cool. what ya gonna post it up?

Cochese 01-26-2011 01:44

When I score a day off! :supergrin:

lawman800 01-26-2011 01:45

We've been beating this idea around for a while and there was a CopAuction site that lasted all of... a few months?

I have a few items that I don't use anymore, and I have been the recipient of some generous member's discards which I put to good use.

I am definitely in for some "PAY IT FORWARD".

Let the goodwill flow!

Hollywood D 01-26-2011 03:26

Do you have a phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range?

theres badgestobadges.com that already exists.

pal2511 01-26-2011 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawman800 (Post 16740908)
We've been beating this idea around for a while and there was a CopAuction site that lasted all of... a few months?

I have a few items that I don't use anymore, and I have been the recipient of some generous member's discards which I put to good use.

I am definitely in for some "PAY IT FORWARD".

Let the goodwill flow!

Lawman how is that holster attatchment working out for you? Was it the sentry guard that I had..?

RetailNinja 01-26-2011 14:11

Here's what I've got laying around

All of my stuff has left for new homes. I'm sure I'll add more later

volsbear 01-26-2011 14:55

Thank God - I thought the OP was going to try and peddle off his uniform cod-piece.

RetailNinja 01-26-2011 15:42

Step away from the vehicle
http://www.leather-uniform.com/asset...PIECE4II_1.jpg

obxemt 01-26-2011 17:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawman800 (Post 16740908)
I have been the recipient of some generous member's discards which I put to good use.

I hope you're enjoying your collapsible PR-24! :supergrin:

lawman800 01-27-2011 00:44

Yes, the sentry guard rides on my duty 6285 and I use it when doing footbeats during special events when I have to mix with a lot of pedestrian traffic. Makes me feel just a bit better.

The PR-24X served me well for a while until I broke the carrier... love that stick though.

I don't have anything like that but I have a few basketweave magazine carriers... I think I have a G23 mag carrier, a Beretta 92 mag carrier and another G22 or G23 carrier. I also have some miscellaneous OC spray carrier and flashlight holder but I haven't inventoried my gear box for a while.

I do have a few holsters too... just have to clean out everything first.

Matt45648 01-27-2011 03:00

retailninja, id take the bianchi key holder. id have no problem with you sending it to my dept. if your looking to get rid of the RH thigh rig I could definately pass that on for ya.

Kahr_Glockman 01-27-2011 05:53

Retailninja, I will take the RH dropleg.

I have a Safariland 6281 RH High ride holster in Plain Leather that I will offer to anyone. This for a 17/22. GONE TO Sharky7.

Kahr_Glockman 01-27-2011 05:55

I may have more to offer. I have to go through my gear box. My wife wants me to get rid of most of it.

I do know that I have a double cuff case, and a Large OC spray covered pouch that I will throw is for sure. They are both nylon.

ETA: Will ship to agency.

scottydl 01-27-2011 08:22

Ship-to-agency is a good idea just to keep things unofficially official.

In the near future I may have a few spare Accumold Elite (nylon that looks like basketweave leather) items available. I'll post back if so.

ottomatic 01-27-2011 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottydl (Post 16748772)
Ship-to-agency is a good idea just to keep things unofficially official.

In the near future I may have a few spare Accumold Elite (nylon that looks like basketweave leather) items available. I'll post back if so.

While the ship-to-agency would help to keep things above board, it would also (unfortunately) reduce the likelyhood of the intended recipient actually receiving it (at least where I work)!

When I have some time to look, I can probably find some still useful stuff.

Milltown 01-27-2011 11:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ottomatic (Post 16749749)
While the ship-to-agency would help to keep things above board, it would also (unfortunately) reduce the likelyhood of the intended recipient actually receiving it (at least where I work)!

Thats so true, you could leave a $50 bill on the seat of the spare cruiser and it would be there in a month. You put a safety vest or some other type of gear and it's going to be gone the next day.