Glock Talk

Glock Talk (http://glocktalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reloading (http://glocktalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New post: Reloading primers, where to get them! (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1225331)

UltimateReloader 05-27-2010 14:17

New post: Reloading primers, where to get them!
 
Thought you guys might find this useful:
http://ultimatereloader.com/?p=947
Thanks,
Gavin

Glockin26 05-27-2010 14:37

Someone on here ordered 20k wolf pistol primers that were not effective in igniting the powder. When sking for a refund he could not ship back because this person didnt have the neccesary credentials for hazerdous materials handling.

BBJones 05-27-2010 17:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glockin26 (Post 15367238)
Someone on here ordered 20k wolf pistol primers that were not effective in igniting the powder. When sking for a refund he could not ship back because this person didnt have the neccesary credentials for hazerdous materials handling.

Someone on here saw bigfoot too. What is your point?

Glockin26 05-27-2010 17:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBJones (Post 15368078)
Someone on here saw bigfoot too. What is your point?


Pics or it didnt happen...


















Id rather not get stuck with ineffective primers, in which this blog recommends.

XDRoX 05-27-2010 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBJones (Post 15368078)
Someone on here saw bigfoot too. What is your point?

Does someone need a hug:smootchie:(sorry about the smilie, closest thing I could find:supergrin:)

In Wolf's defense. I have a case of primers from a lot number that I've read on this forum were defective. I haven't had any problems with poor ignitions or any FTF's of any kind.

They are however a pain in the ass to seat. Some seat fine, others are hard to push in, and others snag on the way in like they are too big or not round. So I will not be buying them again, but they do go bang, at least for me.

netmage2112 05-29-2010 16:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glockin26 (Post 15368112)
Pics or it didnt happen...

Id rather not get stuck with ineffective primers, in which this blog recommends.

Small Pistol as far as I can tell... I'm getting ~30% FTF in my Glock, buddy got 20% FTF in his Tarus... They have some bad batches out there right now...

To my msg...
> This is an enquiry e-mail via http://www.wolfammo.com from:
> Tim Owens <netmage2112@gmail.com>
>
> Hi,
> Recently received 5K Small Pistol primers from Wideners. I'm having a 25-30% failure to fire in a Glock 22. I've put in a 6lb striker spring, and cleaned out the firing pin channel. Factory ammo and CCI primers function normally.
>
> These are from Lot 22-09.
>
> Please advise if you have any other recommendations, or how I can go about either exchanging or obtaining refund.
>
> Thanks.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/...8c9d873f_b.jpg

IndyGunFreak 05-29-2010 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by XDRoX (Post 15368585)
They are however a pain in the ass to seat. Some seat fine, others are hard to push in, and others snag on the way in like they are too big or not round. So I will not be buying them again, but they do go bang, at least for me.

That's sad to.. w/ the Primer shortage right now, Wolf would be making a killing if they could get the QC issues squared away.... I was gonna buy some, but up to this point, I've managed to keep Winchester or CCI in stock.. so I've been happy. I got pretty thin a few months ago though, then managed to get a few Federal primers.... and that got me through till I was able to get 5k of Win SP and 5k of CCI SP... That will probably last me till the end of the year, I'll buy another 10k CCI or Win if the opportunity arises.

IGF

Colorado4Wheel 05-29-2010 18:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by netmage2112 (Post 15378805)

LAME

Remington sent me a pre stamped mailer. I returned some primers I seated in my cases and the box end with the lot number. They checked them out and said they were fine. But no hazmat issues. I don't think you have hazemat when they are in the case already.

dudel 05-30-2010 05:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colorado4Wheel (Post 15379185)
LAME

Remington sent me a pre stamped mailer. I returned some primers I seated in my cases and the box end with the lot number. They checked them out and said they were fine. But no hazmat issues. I don't think you have hazemat when they are in the case already.

Correct. Goes to show what a screwy law Hazmat is.

Primers in boxes, powder in cansisters are hazmat.

Primers in empty cases, loaded ammo; are not hazmat.

Hazmat is just a way for shipping companies to charge more.

ept000 05-31-2010 18:15

I am the guy with 20k bad Wolf primers. I heard all the crap about I'm not seating them right and all the other BS. The fact is the only primers I'm having problems with is just this one batch. My last batch of Wolf primers worked fine, this batch is DEFECTIVE and it has nothing to do with how I seat them.

Wolf gave me the same load of BS about asking a dealer with a hazmat licence to ship them back for me in order to get a refund, but guess what. The dealers I spoke to will not ship hazmat materials for someone else. I'm willing to bet that Wolf knows this and they have found a perfect way to not stand behind their product.

Wolf may improve their QC, and this problem may go away, but they will never see another penny of my business. Granted I'm not a big player,but last year I went through 30,000 primers. 20K were Wolf and the other 10 were Winchester. Never again.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:33.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2013, Glock Talk, All Rights Reserved.